Anyone going to any away games?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Warthog, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

Does anyone here plan on attending Pistons games in another city? Two buddies and I went to the Chicago game in April last year, and it was a BLAST. We got the idea when the Bulls were 0-9 and figured we'd get them cheap, but of course they had to go play well and made them more expensive heh. Besides the game, Chicago was a blast ... and we lucked out with the Cubs game being half-off day and getting seats 5 rows back off 1st base for real cheap.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun at the game. There were a good # of Detroiters, but we were some of the few that wore Pistons jerseys. We met a couple of the Automotion girls which was cool, and the game itself had a playoff atmosphere. Their fans were rowdy and confident. The best was that the Pistons were down by 8 with 2:30 left in OT and the Bulls fans were all celebrating and laughing at us, and I just smiled and said 'wait until the end of the game, it's far from over.' Sure enough, skill and experience prevailed and the Pistons pulled off the win, and it was sooo satisfying.

At that point it was mostly the Detroit fans left and we were high-fiving each other and chanting 'deeeeetroit basketbaaaaaall' at people. I highly recommend going to an away game, although the Chicago arena was terrible - the 3rd deck is so hard to see the game from, and it's just black and dark and a poort atmosphere.

This year's plan is to go to the NY Knicks game in March and watch the Pistons (and a developed Darko) smoke 'em. :)
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I wish I could. I always wanted to do that even when I lived in Michigan. Now, I'd probably have to travel to Seattle. Too far, I think. Hmmm...then again, maybe my wife will go for it if I ask for tickets and an overnight as a holiday gift. Great idea. I'm gonna check the schedule.

If not, I guess my first "away" game will have to be at the Palace when I come back to visit.
  3. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

absolutely

Since I live in Florida now, I make a note to see my team whenever they play the Magic or the Heat.

This year's Heat/Pistons game should be pretty exciting.

Magic/Pistons could be entertaining as well if Grant Hill can stay healthy.

They interviewed Grant alot on the radio last year with the emphasis of the talk being on his return. He spoke about how great the Pistons organization was and how its still weird for him to think of Joe Dumars as this great GM as opposed to this all-star player he was once teammates with back in the day. It gives you some perspective as to just how much time he has loss due to injury.
  4. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

Atl

Yeah I am living in the atl right now and already have the two games marked on the calendar. I think the best thing to do in other cities is the deeetroit baketball yell. ITs sweet when others recocgnize the chant.
  5. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

Oklahoma City

I was hoping the hornets were coming to Kansas City but since they are going to be in Oklahoma City I hope to go to the Pistons/Hornets game.
  6. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

I'm going to try

Since I live here in South Florida in the city of Hollywood I'm definitely going to try to get tickets somehow to see the Pistons face the Heat. I remember almost two years ago when I went to a game where the Pistons virtually lead the entire game and Miami somehow tied it up before regulation. The Pistons of course won in overtime and I talked so much %%%% on my way out of America Airlines arena. That was a great feeling, lol.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Pistons/ Bulls

Since I live in Chicago, I'll be going to the Dec 3rd game.
  8. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Sure

We used to winter in the Phoenix area and saw the Pistons out there several times. They won all the games out there that I was able to see. Of course, we talked during the games, the Sun fans and I, so that made it more fun.

Last year was the first year we wintered in Florida, and I was going to go to games down there in Orlando and later, in Miami. But I was really pissed at the way they were treating Darko and did not go to either place.

Hopefully this year things will be better and I plan to visit both cities and see games. I was even hoping that they might play Atlanta when we're going to be out on the road visiting people.

It really is fun talking minor league trash with foes, although you have to be careful to not have anybody meet you out in the parking lot after we clean their clocks.
  9. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Away Games

Oh yea, I will be hitting games in Washington D.C., Philadelphia, New Jersey and maybe charlotte.
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons in LA

I regularly attend the Piston-Clippers games and will be there for the 12/11 game. The Laker tickets are just too much, so I ususally just grab that one on the tube. :doh:
  11. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I guess Salt Lake City is much closer to me than Seattle. Utah plays Detroit December 12th. (The day after the game Dre is attending). Looks like I'm going to go see that one. :nod:
  12. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I will be working on getting to the Clippers and possibly the Suns matchup.
  13. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Yeah, I may take a game in Atlanta or Charlotte. I went to Atlanta last year and had a great time. Unfortunately it wasn't the Atlanta game where Darko showed some of his potential. I'll have to watch my entertainment budget this year though since I blew it away by buying a 50 inch plasma, which I highly recommend! There is nothing like HD!!! How did I survive without it???:)
  14. rdang

rdang First Round Draft Pick

Im probably gonna go see the Raptors vs Piston game. Last year they had a huge upset...I was surprised.
  15. jetscreamer

jetscreamer First Round Draft Pick

Thanks for reminder

I just got tickets for Miami april 6th. $37.00 apiece I got five for family. It is on a thursday so an extra day in southbeach won't be too bad!
  16. Gilmango

Gilmango Second Round Draft Pick

Always see the Pistons play Golden State

Have seen them in Sacto. too and, when I lived in NYC, I'd always watch them play in Madison Sq. Garden. I'm just bummed that my friend who did sound for Warriors broadcasts got canned in the off-season - means no more free tix for me. I usually wear one of my old-school Bad Boy era Pistons jerseys (#5, 45 or 11).
  17. Wingspan

Wingspan Second Round Draft Pick

Pistons @ Mavericks

I just introduced myself in the introductions thread, where I mentioned that I live in Austin and have no local Pistons fans as friends :pout:. I'm trying to get some interest in a road trip to Dallas on the 19th, but no one's biting: they're not even sports fans, and my friends from W├╝rtzberg are content to see their hometown hero Dirk Nowitzki when he comes to San Antonio, which is closer.

I'm writing this in the vain hope that someone reading this forum is in a similar situation, being a solitary Pistons fan in Texas who would like to sit with other Pistons fans at that game. If you are, or you know someone who is, let me know so we can work something out. I'm guessing a ride share from Austin is too much to hope for, but I'll put that out there anyway.

I'm currently holding 4 tickets in the upper level at mid-court but right now it doesn't seem like I'm going to get anyone to join me. If I have to go by myself, I'll probably try to unload these tickets and grab something closer in.
  18. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

it's too bad that game isn't in december, i'll be in dallas
  19. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Just about ready

Right after TDay, we will be heading south and will probably see whichever games in Florida that happen. We have a granddaugher down near Miami now and we live pretty close to Orlando, so we might get to see games in both places.

Bring 'em on!!
  20. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I'll probably be at Golden state Dec 9th.