Anyone going to any away games?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Warthog, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Tally

Tally First Round Draft Pick

I go to two games in the ATL every year. I blow some cash on one and sit right behind the bench. Not great for watching the game, but awesome when your knees are in the back of Ben Wallaces' chair.

BTW, the tix in Atlanta are really cheap compared to ORL or MIA, even N.O. when they had home games. The atmosphere does suffer a bit from a lack of butts in the seats... You can always get pics with some of the guys before the game. There are almost always 25-30 other Piston fans around the visitors bench.
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Bull market

I was planning on going to the Bulls/ Pistons game on Dec 3rd, but the ticket prices are crazy. $500 for 2 tix on the lower section. That's more than I paid for the Finals tickets against LA! I don't know why these Chicagoans want to pay money to see the Bulls get demolished.

I may just watch this one on the tube.
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yikes! Man, I guess I need to stop complaining about paying $208 bucks for four (4) front row upper level tickets in the Delta Center to see the Stones play the Jazz.

I'll be the guy in the Spartans hat waving to my forum friends out there in tv land.:laugh:
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Just saved $1K.

Good news. A lawyer just sent me some extra tix to the Bulls/ Pistons game on the 3rd! What luck.

The Bulls are starting to play well, so maybe it will be a good game. I wish I could make it back out to Michigan for the Knicks.
  5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

imagine the pistons fans behind the knicks bench, they'll hound lb.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

What would be the thing that you could yell that would be the most irritating?
  7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i dont know the most irritating, but i can tell you that those fans can say a whole lot of irrtating things to larry.
  8. Darth Tater

I don't care for him, but he was a part of two great years for the Pistons. I wouldn't boo him for the bad stuff if I was at the game. I'd probably even applaud politely for the good stuff.

That being said, I'd relish the thought of kicking his butt by 20 points.
  9. Darth Tater

I have a confession to make.

I have not seen even one Pistons game this year. I don't know why exactly. I guess I'm just used to watching the live stat updates on Yahoo. If I knew a game was on I would watch it without a doubt. But I just never bother to look because I don't watch television. However ,I always watch them during the playoffs because I know they will be on.

Ironically, it doesn't seem like I haven't seen a game. Due to all of the great discussions, summaries, recaps, analyses, etc. that go on in this forum, I feel like I actually know more about the team than I did during all of those years that I lived in Michigan and watched the games live or on the tube.

Seriously, you guys are great. Thanks. :grouphug:

Only 11 more shopping days until Darth heads to Salt Lake City to watch the Pistons & the Jazz!! I can't wait.
  10. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Detroit @ Golden State

I got tickets to the Pistons/ Warriors game on the 9th. Woot!

In this day of instant gratification and real time stats, I am going to forgo the usual game re-cap and give you all Slippy's pre-cap.

Pistons vs. Warriors.

The Pistons came out sluggish in the first quater giving up a few Offensive rebounds. The Warriors found their rhythm early and was shooting well. Despite a jump shooting clinic by the warriors, the
    Pistons were only down 4 after the 1st.

Darko came in at the start of the 2nd and played his usual 5. He got 1 rebound and 1 block and 2 turnovers to go with 2 pnts. I can see that he's improving but he still looks like he got teleported into the game a la Scott Bakula in Quantum leap.

Third quarter Pistons lockdown. Take lead. Fourth its run and gun and a 3pt contest between sheed and billups that lets golden state back in the game before finishing it off by 9.
  11. Darth Tater

Have fun at the game tonight Slippy! :thumb:
  12. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yah i saw lots of pistons fans on TV...what were you wearing? maybe we saw you :D
  13. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Did you see the ben wallace in the rafters? Yeah I was behind that guy...
  14. Darth Tater

Slippy actually WAS the Ben Wallace in the rafters. :laugh:
  15. himat

himat Bench Warmer

lots of fans

there was a whole load of fans there. man we have the best fans no average fan would go all the way from michigan to california for only 5 hours.
  16. Darth Tater

I would think most of those Piston fans at that game live in California or nearby. (I could be mistaken).
    I'm taking a 5 hour drive to Utah on Monday but no way would I do that to see a game if I lived in Michigan.

Slippy only went there because he lives in California and plus wanted to try out his new Ben Wallace Fro. lol