April 2006 Pistons articles *frequent updates*

Discussion in 'Pistons Archive' started by LanierFan, Apr 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

[The Basketball Jones]
    So I was watching the TNT broadcast of the Pistons-Bucks game last night and I was a little perplexed when I saw Rip Hamilton at the free throw line. This was listed under his name: Team Role: Efficient Scorer.

Umm… (head scratch) … How dumb do these people think we are? If we write in and spell his name correctly do we get the free Pistons colouring book? (I think I can stay inside the lines of Big Ben’s ‘fro this time!) This is what TNT should have written under some of the Pistons’ names:
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

[Herald Sun]

Bogut's Bucks come up short

AUSTRALIA'S Andrew Bogut faded in the second half as his Milwaukee Bucks went down by 18 points in the first game of their NBA play-offs against Detroit.

Bogut, the No.1 pick in last year's draft, had eight points midway through the second quarter, but finished with just 11 in Milwaukee's 92-74 loss to the Pistons.
  3. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

~The Oakland Press ~

Pistons blast Bucks
    Rasheed leads the way, but trouble may loom ahead
    By Keith Langlois

You want to look for ominous signs from Game 1 of the playoffs, you've got to dig deep. Here's something: Rasheed picked up a technical foul.

Troubling only to his pocketbook in the past, this year it could mean something more. Much more. Amass seven technical fouls in the playoffs, and you serve an automatic one-game suspension.
    Long after the Bucks have put their uniforms in mothballs, the technical Wallace picked up just after halftime could bite the Pistons hard.

Pistons rip Bucks
    Hamilton's stellar defense leads way for Detroit
    By DANA GAURUDER

In a building packed with more than 22,000 spectators, no one felt more crowded than Michael Redd. Everywhere he wandered at the offensive end of the court, Redd had someone in a white jersey breathing on him. A guy wearing a mask was particularly bothersome and stole away his jump shot.

Redd, one of the league's premier shooters, had all of his sweet spots snatched away by Richard Hamilton and his pesky teammates. By frustrating Redd, the Detroit Pistons shortcircuited the Milwaukee Bucks' offense and glided to a 92-74 victory in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference playoffs Sunday night.

Pistons shake early case of nerves
    By DANA GAURUDER

One word kept popping into the Pistons' minds in describing how they looked in Game 1 against Milwaukee. "I think we were anxious," Tayshaun Prince said. "Anxious is a great word for that. We missed some easy baskets, missed some free throws, made turnovers on the fast break, things like that, some things we normally don't do."

The Pistons got off to a slow start, trailing by seven early and scoring just 19 first-quarter points. They shot 39 percent from the field in the first half - and 41 percent for the game - but still won easily.

"Everybody was antsy, everybody was anxious, and it showed in our play," Lindsey Hunter said. "We got the first one out of the way, so now we can settle down a little bit."

4. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

This is a very good article.

~ ESPN.com ~

Pistons put their faith in innovative trainer's abilities
    A/P

Behind the closed blinds of the Detroit Pistons' training room, Richard Hamilton's left ankle was under the care of two of the best in the business Monday.

Pistons strength and conditioning coach Arnie Kander and athletic trainer Mike Abdenour were doing everything they could to get Hamilton ready for Game 2 against the Milwaukee Bucks.

Kander said Hamilton might be healthy enough to practice Tuesday and said he expects him to play Wednesday night in Game 2.
    That didn't seem to be a certainty when the All-Star shooting guard was hurt Sunday night in the opener of the Pistons' first-round series.
  5. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

[Detroit News]

Prince perplexes Bucks
    "Tay is really a luxury for us," Billups said. "He is a matchup problem for any team. If a team has a guy as tall as he is (6-foot-9), he's never going to be as fast and mobile as Tay. And if they put a smaller guy on him, he's a great post-up player. He doesn't just score off the post-up, either. He makes plays."

Hamilton plans to start Game 2
    "Rip originally said he didn't want two days between games, but now it's a blessing," said Arnie Kander, the Pistons' strength and conditioning coach. "We have to look at the history of this guy: he's sprained his ankle seven or eight times, but he's never missed a game.

"It's the same (like) what he's had in the past. Nothing big."

Bell making noise as a consistent player for Bucks
    Bell is not a bit player. Bucks assistant coach Brian James said Bell was the Bucks' best defensive player and second-most consistent scorer in the stretch drive behind Michael Redd. During one stretch, he scored in double figures in 12 consecutive games, including a 29-point outing at Miami.

Bad Boys turn good for fans
    Cut-ins of Laimbeer's angry on-court eruptions from back in the day were intermixed with his statements of what not to do. The Palace crowd loved the announcement, drawing hearty cheers and laughs.

[Detroit Free Press]

Prince is Pistons' king of versatility
    "I think everyone thought he had the opportunity to be a good player," Saunders said. "I thought he was a good player when I came here, but I never understood how good he was until I saw him day in and day out. His commitment to the game, his commitment to the team, and just how versatile he is."

Pistons Corner: Rip bandaged but should be OK for Game 2
    Hamilton was held out of practice to receive treatment on his sore ankle, and Kander said electro stimulation was scheduled to continue all day and night.

But Hamilton can walk on the ankle and bend it, and he also spent time shooting baskets Monday. He sprained it when he landed on Bucks rookie Andrew Bogut's foot in the fourth quarter Sunday.

Rangy Rasheed befuddles Bogut
    "When you have a 6-11 guy who can block shots and defend the paint and post up and go out and shoot threes, not just easy threes but quick-release threes, challenge threes, it just opens up the court," Milwaukee coach Terry Stotts said during a teleconference.
  6. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

[Grand Rapids Press]

DAVID MAYO: Pistons can't be worry-free
    But the Pistons saw things in the Game 1 pseudo-blowout, marginally troublesome things, things they haven't seen much during their recent run of playoff excellence.

Things that could leave them as likely to see the Larry O'Brien Trophy as they are to see the late commissioner himself.

[Milwaukee Journal Sentinel]

Pistons ready to make a run
    Auburn Hills, Mich. - The Detroit Pistons are expecting the Milwaukee Bucks to make some major adjustments for Game 2 of their first-round National Basketball Association playoff series and the Pistons think they know exactly where the Bucks are headed.

Into the open court, in an attempt to get their running game on track.

NOTES: Smith knows it's time to turn power up
    Despite suffering through an injury-plagued season, the 6-foot-10 forward again finds himself in a position to make a difference. The Bucks need his rebounding ability and defensive presence against Ben Wallace and Rasheed Wallace, along with his ability to hit the 18-foot jumper and trouble the Pistons in the pick-and-roll game.

Needing a fiery Redd
    "I know I'm a target," Redd said. "It's a no-brainer, really, to try and corral me. It's up to us to combat that.

"I don't want to force bad shots. That does nothing but defeat the purpose. I have to get my teammates involved a little more, and we've got to find ways to get me open."

BOB WOLFLEY: It pains "Big Dog" not to be playing
    TNT game analyst Jeff Van Gundy said during the telecast of Game 1 of the Bucks-Pistons series that Bucks center Jamaal Magloire needed to upgrade his game in two areas before he can expect to have plays run for him.

"Magloire's role is space eater, rebounder, enforcer," Van Gundy said. "(But) he likes the ball in his hands. He wants the ball more on every team he's ever played for and it's been a constant source of frustration for him. But he's got to handle the ball better, and he's also got to make more free throws to be a go-to player in this league."

[Racine Journal Times]

GERY WOELFEL: Pistons leave mark on Bucks
    As Charlie Bell got undressed to go to bed late Sunday night, his wife, Kenya, noticed some nasty scratch marks on his right chest.

“She was wondering what had happened,’’ Bell said.

[Detroit Bad Boys]

A primer for Bucks fans
    In exchange, Ian and I collaborated on a post to appear on their site, giving their readers a quick guide to the Pistons, attempting to point out some things that may not be readily apparent to their readers who only see Detroit play a couple of times a year. Even though most of our readers don't fall under that category, we thought you still might want to check it out.

ALSO:
    USA Today readers pick the Pistons; Banged-up Bucks;
    Rip Hamilton expected to play in Game 2;
    Looking at Ben Wallace's place in history

[CBS Sportsline]

Pistons Report: Getting inside
    The Pistons head into Game 2 of their Eastern Conference series knowing they can make Milwaukee sharpshooter Michael Redd look mortal. Redd, one of the league's premier shooters, had all of his sweet spots snatched away by Richard Hamilton and his pesky teammates during Game 1 of the Eastern Conference playoffs.

[Sports Illustrated]

KELLY DWYER: Opening salvos
    Ruminations: Holy crap, Detroit is good.
  7. roscoe36

[Detroit Bad Boys]

Looking at Ben Wallace's place in history

Watching Ben Wallace perform game in and game out, it's easy to sometimes take him for granted, but at least one fan is ready to consider his accomplishments in a historical perspective. Terry Brown of BootlegSports.com writes:
    Back in 1961, the average height of the NBA?s starting centers playing against Wilt and his Philadelphia Warriors was [...]

Rip Hamilton expected to play in Game 2

Any Pistons fans who caught the end of Sunday's game against the Bucks are likely concerned about Rip Hamilton's sprained left ankle. Fortunately, though, the Pistons caught a break with the schedule, giving Rip three days to rest up. From the AP:
    AUBURN HILLS, Mich. — Behind the closed blinds of the Detroit Pistons' training [...]

Banged up Bucks

Now that we know Rip is going to play, what about some of the banged up Bucks? From the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel:
    [Bucks coach Terry] Stotts said Kukoc would remain out of the Bucks' lineup for Game 2 on Wednesday, after suffering a back injury in practice last week.
    "We're hoping to have him Saturday," Stotts said, referring [...]

USA TODAY readers pick the Pistons

Last week, USA TODAY's David Dupree asked his readers who they thought would win the NBA Finals. The emails piled in, and in the end the vast majority picked the Pistons:
    The Detroit Pistons and San Antonio Spurs will meet in the NBA Finals for the second consecutive season, according to USA TODAY readers responding [...]

[The Full Court Press]

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Saunders on WDFN: Expect Pistons to slow down, play better
    Flip Saunders joined the Jamie and Brady Show on Sports Radio 1130 Detroit to preview Game 2. He says Rip Hamilton's ankle is fine, but when asked if the team is in "playoff mode" already, Flip says not in Game 1. Click here to listen to the full interview.

"I thought that we really played, at times, really out of character, as far as in Game 1. We took a lot of quick shots, and didn't move the ball as much as we had during season. I think that was that, what I call 'anxious anxiety.'

[click date for more and audio link]
  8. roscoe36

[Hoopsworld]

Motown Soundtrack: Cruisin’
    By Adriano Albuquerque

After three months of simply playing enough to win and complaining about how long it still took for the playoffs to begin, the Detroit Pistons finally opened their postseason this Sunday… By playing the exact same way as they were during the past three months.

Think they’re gonna play much harder against the Milwaukee Bucks over the next two weeks of Eastern Conference first round action, as they have their first injury alert of the year with Richard Hamilton spraining his left ankle? Think again.

[Memphis Business Journal]

Memphians ranked among most avid NBA fans

An analysis of professional basketball fans found that Memphis is among the top five best markets for NBA fans.

Scarborough Sports Marketing, which provides in-depth information on American sports fans, said that 17 percent of Memphis adults call themselves "avid" NBA fans, meaning they are "very interested" in the NBA . Memphis placed fourth on the list, tied with Detroit.

San Antonio topped the list, where 33% of adults said they are avid fans. In Sacramento, Calif., 19 percent are avid fans; and 18 percent said they are avid fans in Indianapolis.

The San Antonio Spurs and Detroit Pistons have won the last three NBA championships, while the Indiana Pacers went to the NBA finals in 2000. The Memphis Grizzlies are in the midst of their third consecutive playoff run and the third in team history.

[I've got a weak spot for the Grizz franchise. We were proud to have them in Vancouver. It's too bad the NBA didn't bring all of it's marketing resources to the party or they might have stayed.]

[USA Today]

Two particular stats are best title predictors
    by David DuPree

The Detroit Pistons finished the regular season with the NBA's best record, which gives them a huge advantage in the playoffs, both from strategic and historical points of view.

Over the previous 10 seasons, the team that entered the playoffs with the best record has gone on to win the NBA championship six times. The other four made it to the conference finals.

The Pistons also have been assured of home-court advantage for as long as they remain in the playoffs — and they had the best home record in the regular season, 37-4, three games better than San Antonio and Dallas.
  9. roscoe36

[Detroit Bad Boys]​

Bill Laimbeer and Rick Mahorn preach civility

The following quote in Monday's Milwaukee Journal Sentinel peaked my interest:
    [Rasheed Wallace] spent timeouts giving ex-Bad Boy Rick Mahorn righteous grief for a really funny spot Mahorn cut with Bill Laimbeer.
    Considering our love of all things Bad Boys around here, the comment was intriguing (especially since the story got no immediate play in the local [...]

[Need4Sheed]

New Rasheed Wallace GuaranSHEED Desktop Wallpaper

New Rasheed Wallace Wallpaper located in the Wallpapers section of the website. Available in Widescreen and Standard resolutions.
  10. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

[The Oakland Press]
    Of The Oakland Press

AUBURN HILLS - Looking at Tayshaun Prince, with his gangly physique, it's easy to make the mistake of thinking he's fragile.

Rip should be ready for Game 2

By DANA GAURUDEROf The Oakland Press

AUBURN HILLS - Pistons Nation can exhale. Though Richard Hamilton did not practice Monday, he was ready for action.
  11. roscoe36

[Detroit Bad Boys]

Dwyane Wade can't shoot straight

Take a wild guess at how many three-pointers Dwyane Wade made in the regular season. Need a hint? How about I tell you what some other notable shooting guards did: Ray Allen led the NBA by connecting on 269 treys, while Kobe Bryant placed eighth with 180. Vince Carter nailed 125, Manu Ginobili hit 83 [...]

Terry Stotts: "It's hard out there for a pimp"

In our never-ending quest to find something remotely controversial about this series, we now bring you Terry Stotts' delusional ramblings. It seems that Stotts has taken issue with the foul disparity in game one of Pistons v. Bucks. When asked if his team was being "treated like an 8th seed," Stotts told Chris [...]
  12. roscoe36

[HoopsAddict]

Pistons Left Darko In the Dark

I was reading Ben Maller’s site yesterday afternoon and he had a link to a great column from Florida Today that talked about how the Pistons basically neglected Darko Milicic. John Denton wrote in his column that, “The 20-year-old Milicic left Orlando on Friday, bound for his native Serbia. The Magic plan to follow him over there this summer, monitoring the 7-footer to see that he is progressing as they hope. Remarkably, Milicic said he rarely ever lifted weights during his three seasons with the Detroit Pistons.

[Now this is funny. Second guessing the Pistons strength and conditioning staff. The same fellas who kept the top 6 guys healthy for 82 games WHILE winning the most games in the "L". I wish Arnie Kander would go all Tai-Chi on these guys and deal out numerous Vulcan Nerve Pinches]

[Btw, I seem to have a permanent Darko taint. I cannot type the word dark without adding an "O" on the end. Seriously. This must have been what Pavlov's dogs felt like. I will remain vigilant with the editing of my own posts.]
  13. roscoe36

[Booth Newspapers]

Hamilton expects to play despite ankle sprain
    by A. Sherrod Blakely

AUBURN HILLS -- Because of their slight builds, Richard Hamilton and Tayshaun Prince face occasional questions about their toughness and durability.

However, the extremely talented -- and extremely thin -- Detroit Pistons tandem of Hamilton (6-foot-7, 193 pounds) and Prince (6-9, 215) have repeatedly shown that they can take the physical pounding that NBA players must be able to withstand.

Tayshaun Prince: 'The refs did a good job'

Tayshaun Prince comments on Bucks players talking about Pistons getting away with fouls on WDFN Detroit . "Our defense must be working when they say that."
  14. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

wow that really shows what a mistake it would have been to keep darko. he wouldn't even work out?? what a jerkoff. and then the tard who writes the articles blames the pistons?? laugh.
  15. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

What I remember from articles during Darko's time in Detroit was that Arnie wanted to avoid adding too much bulk because speed was one of Darko's greatest gifts. So they did a lot of personal-resistance work, tugging towels and hand exercises. Also Arnie emphasized improving Darko's basic posture, movement and symmetry of balance to make him more efficient, citing guys like Ben Wallace and Grant Hill as models.

Now this sounds pretty enlightened, but the dicks in Florida have to make themselves feel better than us somehow. And I'm sure Darko is all too willing to help.
  16. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

[Detroit News]

Bucks see Redd, cry 'foul'
    What, if anything, can Milwaukee do to get itself into this first-round series?

Apparently one answer, if you listen to Bucks coach Terry Stotts, is to beg for more calls from the referees. Stotts has complained for two days about the Pistons' rough treatment of leading scorer Michael Redd and Detroit's 34-10 edge in free-throw attempts in Game 1.

Chris McCosky's guide to Game 2
    You know it's the postseason, because Rasheed Wallace has not only amped up his game, he's amped up his interview sessions. On Tuesday, he offered these gems ....

Are the Bucks' two big centers forcing you to shoot more from the outside than you would like? "I go wherever my shot will take me. They give me that tramp (three-pointer), I will bang (make) that tramp. Give me the low-post, and I will go in the low-post. If it's a mid-range J (jump shot), then I'll knock that down. It don't matter. Anywhere on that 94 (foot court) is my range."
    [Sorry, but I didn't want anyone to miss that one.]

If Pistons don't win NBA title, it won't be Saunders' fault
    For many, this magical season is about coach Flip Saunders proving himself. He has had a lot of regular-season success, but failed in the postseason, getting out of the first round just once with the Timberwolves in 10 seasons.

In reality, much of the burden is on the players.

Pistons expect Bucks to make major offensive adjustments
    "They're going to try to get some of their players more involved with the offense," McDyess said. "Get up and down the court a little bit more, but for us, we've just got to stay the same."

[Milwaukee Journal Sentinel]

Simmons expects to go despite being hobbled
    Simmons is matched against 6-9 Pistons forward Tayshaun Prince, who had 15 points, eight rebounds and three assists in 41 minutes in the series opener.

"You just have to play the best defense you can," Simmons said. "I wouldn't say he's a great player, but he's good for their team. He does a lot for their team, making plays for them." [See previous note.]

MICHAEL HUNT: Just quit whining and play basketball
    It was disappointing, really, to hear the Bucks complain about Detroit's clutch-and-grab defensive style after just one game. After all, the Bucks are a playoff team. It is time for them, beginning tonight in Game 2, to can the whine and act the part.

It's been a couple of years since they've been on this elevated stage, but surely the Bucks recall that playoff basketball is different from regular-season basketball. It contracts to the half-court. Referees tend to allow more because it is time to let the players to determine the results. And certainly they know that the Pistons are all about physicality and aggression, anyway.

Note: Redd deals with Pistons' hands-on defense
    "I'm just playing basketball, man," Redd said. "I trust the referees to make the right calls. I don't need to cry about it or nothing. That's part of playoff basketball."

Detroit knows its history
    "The last time we lost to them in the first round, we won a world championship," Wallace finally responded.

Having completed his interview session with reporters, Wallace then turned to enter the locker room.

"Maybe we should take a dive!" he shouted out as he exited.

Hamilton vows to play in Game 2 tonight
    Hamilton said that he really hadn't done much of anything in practice besides going through some drills on the side to try and determine what kind of range of motion he had. He said he probably wouldn't know how the ankle would respond until he got in the game.

[Wisconsin State News]

Bucks: Redd needs more help
    "Their goal is to get the ball out of my hands. Now, once you get it out of my hands, it's going to be up to my teammates to make them pay."

That was something the Bucks' supporting cast was unable to do in Game 1.

[Detroit Bad Boys]

Dave Wieme doesn't hold back
    I love the fact that Dave uses his space to offer up his actual thoughts and observations that come with working for the organization instead of just passing along calculated P.R. prose. Hopefully, with the start of the playoffs we'll see more of his writing, because it's always an entertaining read for the fans.

[DetroitPistons.com]

DAVE WIEME: Hey Uecker, You Stink!
    .... It’s amazing how slimy people can be and how unfair they can be.

You would think they might have learned SOMETHING from watching our team all season. TEAMWORK. Unselfish play. Selflessness. Personally, I blame their parents. Yes, that’s right, I’m calling them out…blaming their upbringing. Shame!!

[Need4Sheed.com]

Rip Hamilton Ankle Injury Update
    Rip Hamilton Interview - Video. Right click to save or click to watch.
  17. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

[Detroit Free Press]

Even with adjustments, Milwaukee faces uphill fight
    "If you go into a situation where you decide that you're going to change how you play, after playing 82 games one way," Pistons coach Flip Saunders said, "it might work out for a little bit, but over the long haul, it's going to be tough."

Pistons' Corner: 'Sheed cranks up intensity
    In the past few days, Wallace has shown expert balance of his roles as team prankster and emotional leader. During practices Monday and Tuesday, he teased teammates and strength and conditioning coach Arnie Kander as reporters surrounded them for interviews.

"OK, Arn, get your PT, Arn!!!" Wallace shouted to Kander as he walked off the practice court, referring to prime-time exposure.

DREW SHARP: Bucks revive Bell's fleeting dream
    Sitting behind the Milwaukee bench at the Palace was his fellow Michigan State Flintstone, Mateen Cleaves. Lifelong friends reunited, but headed in opposite directions.

Bell is finally getting his chance. Cleaves might be out of chances.

Bucks complaining about Pistons' D
    They haven't played Game 2 in the first-round playoff series, but the Bucks are already complaining.

[Fox Sports]

Bucks complain Pistons are holding Redd
    Milwaukee's first-year coach insisted he was not trying to send a message to the officials before Game 2 on Wednesday.

"But I did think that Michael was being held and grabbed a lot," Stotts said. "I'm just stating what I saw."

[ESPN]

Bucks vs. Pistons Game 2
    [Subscription Required] It has to be one and done for the Pistons on each of their offensive trips. The Bucks' intensity level did not match the Pistons' in the second half. Hopefully, Milwaukee learned something from the change in Detroit's attitude from one half to the next. Head coach Terry Stotts should continue to experiment with different ways at slowing the Detroit offense. Stotts used a 1-2-1-1 full court trap and blitzed the point guard which delays the offense from getting set up, but this stuff only works so many times against a great team like Detroit. Ford might have limited minutes if he continues to be a defensive liability and doesn't get this offense some fast break opportunities.

[CBS Sportline]

Series: Pistons vs. Bucks
    The Bucks had moments where they looked like they belonged on the court, but those were few and far between. Every possession is a struggle. With nothing coming easy, the Bucks are simply overmatched and are unlikely to net even one win in this series.
  18. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

[MLive.com]

A.S. Blakely Weblog: No Tuesday practice for Rip, but says he'll play;
    Game 1 proves Bucks are one-dimensional

Here's a little factoid I'm assuming the Bucks totally glossed over since the Game 1 loss. They came into this series averaging 23.2 personal fouls per game. On Sunday, they committed 25 - and that total includes two intentional fouls against Ben Wallace. In other words, they essentially fouled at the same clip they did during the regular season.

Detroit averaged 18.5 fouls committed per game this season. On Sunday, they were called for 17. That too is pretty close to what they did during the season. 1.5 fewer fouls committed by Detroit cannot possibly justify an 18-point beating.

Full-Court Press: Saunders on WDFN
    Saunders on WDFN: Expect Pistons to slow down, play better
    Flip Saunders joined the Jamie and Brady Show on Sports Radio 1130 Detroit to preview Game 2. He says Rip Hamilton's ankle is fine, but when asked if the team is in "playoff mode" already, Flip says not in Game 1.

[Bucks Diary]

Thank you, Michael Hunt
    Bucks fans have had it with this team. I'm not just talking about me, I'm talking about many season ticketholders and long time Bucks fans who are disgraced by the team's lack of effort and intensity and now manhood. Its too much.

After this latest incident, my days of defending Terry Stotts are over.

[5-Point Bucks]

Quit your belly-achin'!
    Coach your team, Stotts. Don’t you hate it when coaches spend their whole timeout time complaining to the refs? If they were really good coaches, they would be using that time to, uh … coach their team. I know a lot of the stories were about how the Bucks didn’t want to complain about the refs, but they really did, just in a much more subtle way. I still think if the Bucks can keep their focus for a full 48 minutes, they will be able to win.
  19. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

[DetroitPistons.com]

Round One, Game Two: Pre-game Quotes
    You have a new suit for the play-offs, is that you showing off
    a different, more business-like mindset?

Rasheed Wallace: “I just made a promise to someone and I’m just keeping my end of it. I made a promise to my wife that I’d wear it during the play-offs and everything.”
  20. roscoe36

[Detroit Bad Boys]

They better come up with something

Rasheed on what Milwaukee needs to do to get back in the series:
    What kind of adjustments does Detroit anticipate the Bucks making?
    "I don't have the slightest (idea), but they better come up with something," Rasheed Wallace said.

Piston fans: Is this just a hook-up, or are you gonna marry her?

A couple weeks ago, we asked whether the Red Wings were still relevant on the Detroit Sports landscape. And based upon the the response to the poll, it is obvious that those who don the Winged Wheel still command respect on the scene (as they should given their continued excellence). But, perhaps predictably, [...]

I'll go wherever my shot'll take me

Rasheed Wallace on taking whatever the Bucks give him:
    Rasheed Wallace has no idea what the Milwaukee Bucks will try tonight to prevent him from going on a shooting spree similar to the 9-for-14, 22-point outing he had in Game 1 on Sunday.
    And he really doesn't care. That's their problem.
    "I'll go wherever my shot'll take [...]

[Need4Sheed]

Detroit Pistons Player Introductions - Feel The Fire

I would like to share one of my favorite parts of attending a Detroit Pistons Home Game. If the Pistons introductions don't get you pumped up and ready to watch some Championship Basketball, I don't know what would.

[The Oakland Press]

Everything's still looking pretty nice for the Pistons
    by KEITH LANGLOIS

Unless Rip Hamilton shows up tonight in a hip-length cast, what we believed about the Pistons a week ago - a lock for the NBA Finals - we believe with even more conviction today.

Miami is getting pushed by Chicago. Shaq gives them eight or nine dominant minutes to start the game, a few more to open the second half, then strains to transport 340 pounds the rest of the night. That puts more stress on Dwyane Wade, whose playoff viability (and career expectancy) would be greatly enhanced if he didn't crash to the floor five times a week. He's already gimpy.

Rasheed is all business now
    Power forward is wearing his playoff game face these days
    by DANA GAURUDER

AUBURN HILLS - Rasheed Wallace constantly needles teammates, coaches, trainers and anyone else associated with the Pistons. Now that the playoffs have begun, Wallace means business.

The laughter and jokes have not ceased, but everyone around the team can sense how badly Wallace wants redemption for the Pistons' loss in the NBA Finals to San Antonio last season. It's apparent in practices, games and even when he arrives at the arena.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.