1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Are Rip And Tay Too Far In The Background

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Nov 13, 2009.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Someone help me out because I don't want to be going down a slippery slope on this one but.....

I can understand Tay not being available for games due to his back, but even with that it seems that at least one maybe two detroit press writers should have at least interviewed him by now.

It is as though he has fell off the face of the earth. Rip on the other hand, should be spotted nightly, on the bench, waving the towel i.e. rooting the team on. I can guarantee that neither one will travel with the team on the next road trip.

It's just sort of strange that at least you could get some kind of comment or two from the injured players on team development, rah, rah or a couple of atta boys of how the team is doing.

Am going down a slippery slope on this one?, feel free to break my fall if I am wrong.

2. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I would think Rip should be more visable then he is....but he must be at the games, there are comments from Rip about how his ankle is after games and practices.

Prince? he's out for the long haul and a back injury would not be helped by sitting on a bench. would be nice to hear he's at practices though being another coach for the kids.

But as we have since over the years, we have some of the worst behind the scene coverage possible.... so who knows the real behind the scene going on's.....

3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think it is obvious that both of these guys have quit on the team and their coach and are probably following Sheed's lead on this.

4. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree AG. It's just been weird that no one is talking to those guys. There's never any update in the pregame TV stuff, etc.

I don't think there is a giant conspiracy, just basic media incompetence.

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We did see Rip on the bench last year in street clothes, but this year he has been invisible like you said. I have to guess that he watches the game on that nice 50 inch HD screen they have back in the locker room.

I don't like the fact that Rips injury was not deemed serious in the beginning as we all thought he was a day to day or a game time decision on when he was coming back the first week and now 8 games into the season there are random comments that he will probably miss the next seven games.

Was the ankle broken?? Why didn't they just come out and say he will be out 3-4 weeks?? I know only the player can tell you how the pain really feels, but Arnie has been around long enough to give us real timetable of expected return and not BS us with hope.

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He's probably in one of those empty underground suites.

7. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Pistons aren't used to reporting seroius injuries. Only the kind that AI had last year.

8. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I was thinking the same thing about Rip. An ankle turn usually keeps you out a few games at the most and he shouldn't have any problem sitting on the bench.

Tay's injury would probably keep him from even sitting on the bench.

9. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I think it's more of a case of media indifference. Other than Pistons fans, nobody cares.

10. discotom

discotom First Round Draft Pick

It's not really a bench anymore, they have decent chairs with cushions. It would be cool if there was a seniority ranking for seating though. Rookies get a bench, veterans get a Hermann Miller Mira.

11. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

from TrueBlue. That's the best you can get nowadays...:gossip:

12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

-
    I hope they have to work their way back in.

13. max

max All-Star

There are updates in the local papers. Tay is being treated and obviously cannot sit in the chairs during the games. Rip wants to play this Sat ( tomorrow ) but they want to rest him for a few more days. He is supposed to be back next week.

14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Cool, Rips the one we really need back the most.

15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

yep Tay can stay home for the next 3 months IMO and let Daye, JJ and Summers develop and he can be the secret weapon off the bench in March and be healthy just in case they actually make the play offs

16. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Or "Indifference"... works for me.

17. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Wouldn't it be wise for Rip to come off the bench rather than insert him straight into the starting lineup after missing so many games?

Right now we have some semblance of consistency going, therefore it may be wise to not start Rip right away.

18. tads

tads First Round Draft Pick

If Rip and Tayshaun were about to get traded, and Joe D told them ahead of time, it would make sense for theme to be avoiding the limelight. But for them to be doing this for the entire first month of play without a deal happening is strange. I wonder if the pistons were completely ready to pull the trigger on a trade and then a medical exam on Tayshaun showed the stress fracture in his back, so now no teams are intersted. Maybe Rip could have to sit with this ankle injury while Joe works the phones to put something else together.

19. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nice. Factual with a bit of weirdness. :MusicBigGrin:

20. max

max All-Star

Interesting theory. We still do not know how and when Tay hurt his back. Did he just wake up one day?

Usually it leaks out that it's a pending trade and the guy is not actually hurt so I don't know.