1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Are Rip And Tay Too Far In The Background

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Nov 13, 2009.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Beats me Pass.

2. dp21

dp21 First Round Draft Pick

Hey guys, just wanted to add my perspective on the subject as a guy that covers the team (when they are home, don't travel), Hamilton and Prince have not been made available to us since the injury. When we are let into practice or the locker room at games, they are not there. I've seen Hamilton twice, once the day after he was injured and once outside the locker room after the Charlotte game. I've seen Tayshaun once, walking into the locker room before the Dallas game. I would love to talk to the them to get fans an update, but I haven't been able to. It's kind of frustrating. The team is also very vague when we ask if they are available or for a timetable for their return. As a rookie on the Pistons beat I may be overstepping my bounds by telling you all this, but just wanted to add my take. Hope you will all support my blog, The Oakland Press Blogs: Pistons' Point I've been working real hard at it and I'm open for any suggestions or feedback. Thanks guys.

P.S. Team official told me both made the trip, but their playing status has not changed

3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Thanks dp21, and you know we're up on the blogs my friend.

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Dave, I knew another guy who worked for the Pistons org who would not join this forum because the brass said he was forbidden to disclose insider info to a public discussion forum, but I guess since you are blogging for newspaper, its OK?

Nice write-ups in your game blogs. I noticed that you picked the Pistons lose to the Wizards and then lose by identical scores of 103-95 to the Mavs and Lakers. Based on the victory over the Wiz and the close loss to the Mavs, do you think the Pistons will lose all of the road games or do you make your prediction on game day?

Also were those your personal NBA Power rankings or are they from some other source.

5. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Great to have you on the forum, DP! We hope you will continue to post on here and let us know when you have new articles out as well as giving us insight that might not make it to the printed page. I often wonder what the take is on the Pistons from the perspective of a local beat writer. I'd also love to get your thoughts from time to time on your profession as a whole - how you like it, how the industry is doing, your background, etc.

Make yourself at home! :grouphug:

6. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I think we will all be reading the Oakland Press Pistons Blog from now on. Welcome to the forum.

7. dp21

To answer a few questions, those are my own personal NBA power rankings, that also appear in the paper and have to be done Saturday morning.

As far as my predictions, I predicted a loss to the Wizards because I thought Jamsion would be back and the team would maybe start to right the ship against Detroit. I felt the Dallas game was a trap-game with the Mavs having a day off and Pistons playing night before as well as having the West coast swing in the back of their mind. If Stuckey is able finish that game it may have had a different outcome. I picked the Lakers because they are coming off two straight losses and the Pistons are playing 3rd game in four nights. As far as the points total if they are ever the same its pure coincidence, picking an exact score is nearly impossible so I try to set what I think is a good spread.

As I said before I like interacting with fans and seeing their take on things so feel free to leave me suggestions or feedback on things you like or don't like about the blog and my stories in the Oakland Press/Macomb Daily, either through e-mail or commenting on the blog. You can do so on here, but will most likely get a quicker response the other ways.

I am also starting up a weekly Pistons video podcast show on my blog and have invited any Pistons or NBA bloggers to join me on the show, so if you are a blogger and interested in coming on let me know. First two episodes will be up this week.

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Yup. I've always preferred the coverage from the Oakland Press going back to PF Season 1 when Zoso posted the news. Langlois and Dana Gauruder were a good team.

Folks, make sure you check out DP's blog, and comment there on his posts.

9. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Welcome DP!

I think that you'll find this place to be a pretty heady source for opinions on your blog and the Pistons. I hope that you'll continue to post in here!

I'm sure that you'll pick up quite a few readers by doing so.

10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Roscoe needs to be on this show!!!!!

By heady, do you mean Chucky Atkins-size heady?

11. Rocastle

Rocastle Bench Warmer

Apparently Tay has made the trip out West for this road trip... according the Pistons' Facebook site. Rip too.

12. dp21

PISTONS: Pistons Video Player

At the end of this interview they talk to Tayshaun Prince and he talks about why he made the trip to the West Coast

13. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Thanks for the link dp.

That's what Jonas said about guarding Artest. This might be a fun one to watch indeed! :)

14. LA Dre

Tay travelled to So Cal get some home cooking from moms too.

15. LA Dre

Coolio, looking forward to reading more great perspectives from you.

16. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good call, Dre. A trip to the So Cal beaches and suddenly the back is feeling better...

17. detteam

detteam All-Star

fwiw...Tay just said on the FSN post game show that he can stand and lie down okay but sitting is a problem.

18. LA Dre

Have we heard from Rip or is he muzzled?? I can't believe it takes 17 days to heal an ankle unless it was very-very -very severly sprained....or broken...

19. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Chris paul's is suppose to keep him out 2-3 weeks.. so could be legit

20. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

But CP doesn't have AK and the PJ.