1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Are The Knicks Better Than The Celtics?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Oct 5, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/09/sports/basketball/09knicks.html?ref=sports

:hoops:

2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

"It will be a while before Curry and Randolph share the court."

I'm guessing that's the first time the word share has ever been used in the same sentence with either player's name.

3. buddahfan

One should never underestimate the new found strength comes from sharing with someone new.

4. buddahfan

Many people either aren't old enough to remember the great Celtic/Knick rivalry when both teams had winning clubs or have just forgot about it or aren't familiar with it.

That rivalry still exists. The rivalry between the Knicks/Celtics is a "city" rivalry as much as anything else. Red Sox/Yankees, Bruins/Rangers and Islanders, Patriots/Giants and Jets.

Now that the Celtics have a decent team again the Knicks will definitely put a lot of their recent personnel problems behind them just because they will want to finish ahead of the Celtics and I fully well expect it to happen again this year because the Knicks have more overall talent including depth and a better coach than the Celtics do.

5. buddahfan

6. buddahfan

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/16/sports/basketball/16knicks.html?ref=sports

7. buddahfan

The only consolation on this embarrassment is the fact that it was an exhibition game on the road. LOL

Celtics 101 and Knicks (Didn't show up)

I think I could be wiping the egg off of my face all year for starting this thread. LOL

ESPN.com - NBA - Box Score - Knicks at Celtics

8. buddahfan

9. Murph

Murph First Round Draft Pick

Having watched the game, I can tell you that the Celtics had chips on their shoulders and wanted to win this game badly. There was lots of pushing and shoving and chirping back and forth.

What does it way about the Celtics if they can't beat the Knicks with a full squad? Maybe they won't be a good as advertised.

What does it say about the Knicks? Maybe better than advertised?

10. buddahfan

That chip has been there for years between the two cities with respect to sports. From the Celtics and Knicks to the Red Sox and Yankees and Bruins and Rangers and between the Pats and Jets.

11. Murph

Murph First Round Draft Pick

In that I live in CT, which lied directly between Boston and NYC, I am aware of the Boston/NY sports rivalry first hand.

The point I was trying to make is that the Celtics wanted to embarass the Knicks in MSG last night, and make a real statement about the Atlantic Division....and couldn't do it. The Celtics might not be all that.

12. buddahfan

The Big 3 are not really known for being physical.

For all of the Knicks problems, they are a lot more physical than the Celtics, especially now that have added Randolph.

One of the things that I didn't think of until now, that you mentioned it, is that 2 of the 3 Big Three just came over from the Western Conference, where we know it is a lot less physical than the the Eastern Conference. It wouldn't surprise me to see KG and RA not being able to carry their level of play over to the EC because of the greater physicality in the EC play.