Are You Comfortable With Nazr Mohammed As Our Starting Center?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Aug 6, 2007.

1. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    What does that guy provide besides energy? Haven't heard anything good about him. I am sure if there were any deals to be had that involve moving Nazr, Joe would've already done it.

2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Nazr makes a couple jumpers here and there, and gets a few boards.

Gadzuric would also get those boards, he runs the floor very well from what I remember and finishes on alley oops, and instead of hitting a couple of jumpers he would get some inside points.

3. mikhail1973

But he's more of a defensive liability than Nazr. We need someone who can hold down the fort.
    :MusicBigGrin:

4. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I don't know about the Bucks position on a trade like this and don't know much about Dan but thats a good suggestion. I'll look at what folks on the internet have to say about him

5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Are you sure about that?

6. Slippy

Mke Bucks Diary (a Bucks fan's notes): Milwaukee Bucks Final Report Card

7. DeetroitDynasty-e

DeetroitDynasty-e First Round Draft Pick

I know most of you will call me crazy, but i still think we could see Marcus Camby on the Pistons roster before the playoffs, maybe pre-season, maybe mid-season, but Denver has a payroll of $83,378,341, Kenyon Martin is coming back from injury, if Denver sees him back to even 80% of his old self, then Nene or Camby must go... I have a feeling Nene has more security than Camby... wouldn't you? Nene slides from PF to C, K-Mart takes the PF spot, and Denver is running with the best of them, as always.

A trade of Nazr, Flip, and Lindsey would give Denver 5 mill in savings with the expected buyouts of Lindsey and Flip (which translates into 5 mill in lux tax savings). Nazr would be used as a backup running big, which he can do. We get our defensive big man with experience, who has the type of contract we hoped Ben would've signed. Camby comes off the books right when Amir is ready to re-up for big bucks.

RealGM: Wiretap Archives: Camby To End Up On The Block?

I think it is possible, very possible.

8. Slippy

Camby would ROCK. I love Camby. I'd even toss in a 1st rounder with the above guys.

9. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Another Bruin.

There is a lot energy in Westwood CA. He is still getting the flow from there. Hope the same can be said for Afflalo this coming year.

:hoops:

Go Bruins

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'd rather go with Camby or Nene more so than Gadzuric...

No official poll for Army Girl's question, but looks like the straw poll indicates that most are not comfy with Nazr as the starting center.

11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Lindsey won't be traded.

I wish that deal would happen, but I think another team would have a better offer than the Pistons with Nazr and Flip M.

12. mikhail1973

That would've been a great addition to the team. A good defensive center who can block, rebound, and is a reasonable scorer. Pistons would instantly become the favorites to win the east.

13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nazr has made 1,451 career field goals in the NBA, including 118 with the Pistons. You don't think he ever made a post move against a center?

14. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Nazr's inability to post up was a big reason Isiah didn't like him:

NAZR SAYS HE WASN'T RIGHT FIT.(Sports).
    New York Post (New York, NY) (March 8, 2005): p80

15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No doubt Nazr fits in less with some offenses better than others.

16. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Next to C-Webb, I would co-sign this trade. Camby might even stay healthy a-la Dyess once Kander gets a-hold of him. The only concern I would have with this trade is total reliance on rookies (especially Meija) backing up the backcourt. Perhaps LH could be cut and re-signed in this scenario. He seems a better "fit" than FlipM.

Gadzuric ain't bad either. He is athletic, energetic, physical and a legit 7 footer. Milwakee don't know what to do with him. A straight-up Nazr for Gadzuric trade works salary-wise.

Glad to see some actual names being bantied about. Nazr ain't a "starting center" in my book, yet he makes for a helluva good 5th big. Joe ain't in a hurry. We still have Davis waiting in the wings as well.

17. mikhail1973

I would rather go with rookies in the backcourt than LH. Lindsey just totally fell apart in the playoffs last year. He wasn't helping at all. Flip had some spots of good play that was engulfed by lots and lots of crappy play. The guy could be a fairly decent starting sg on a team that has minutes for him. He just doesn't produce when he doesn't get lots of minutes. I guess I could agree to give Gadzuric a shot - he couldn't be any worse than Nazr. And, obviously, Camby is a very very long shot.

18. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Not me! I like winning too much. This ain't a rebuilding year as we are still in the hunt. I"m looking for Stuckey to contribute right away. Counting on fellow rook Affalo may be pushing it; and counting on Meija (at this stage of the off-season) is insane.

LH has never gotten his due props, primarily because he has always played in front of somebody else that certain fans want to see play. LH was our fastest PG by far, and is still considered one of the best defensive PGs in the game. His shot was much more reliable the past two seasons, even though I readily pick that bone with him as well.

Seems to me that some folk are hung up on what I would call "traditional-prototypical" type players for certain positions. LH is a "1" on defense and a "2" on offense. He ain't never been a "traditional-prototypical" PG. Seems only those who appreciate good defense and b-ball IQ really appreciate his game. Given due PT the last half of the season, LH should be good for one more playoff run.

Agreed. Flip is a half-way decent combo guard who should play better with consistent PT. He did improve his defense last year, and he can handle in a pinch. For the money, he might be kept around to provide some experience in the backcourt and help ease the transition of both our rooks. Given this is a contract year for him, a year's worth of "chemistry," and LH on the shelf for the 1st half; he should be ready to go.

Having said all of that, I still consider him "trade bait."

19. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

Wow where to start well we will go with the most ridiculous first.

I am proud of you for your dedication to watching film really I am but your story has changed. First your saying he cant make a shot in the post over another center then you change it to he always goes to a fade that he cant make………. Next it will be he always makes his left foot his pivot foot so he is predictable and guardable. It is tired and old “I watch the tape I watch the tape”

Not your money so why do you care? I don’t think Arod should opt out and get another 250 mil but its not my money so oh well.
    As far as best available and a replacement strategy and what not, Joe did not do too good on that one either so do we need to find a better GM? Next time I am at a game I will slip an usher a note to give to Big Bucks Bill saying I know who you should have as your new director of basketball ops the low cuz man you have really proven all of us wrong with your great Bball knowledge (oh wait its pretty easy to predict doom and gloom in professional sports because there can only be 1 winner).

Army not once did I mention anyone’s name or quote anyone in my post where I said people were ignorant of who was out there. I was not trying to assassinate a member’s character. I was not criticizing anyone’s opinion. The point of this forum is not to point out someone’s faults as others try to do (if you don’t know who they are pm roscoe and ask who they are he likes it:) ) but rather illustrate my point being your choices were Nazr , Joel Przybilla uncle cliffy, Aaron Williams, Jake Voskuhl Bo Outlaw Scott Pollard, in other words a bunch of guys who cant get off the other teams bench. If you felt that my post was hurtfull i am sorry but no harm was inteded.

20. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Don't hate me cause I'm right, playa. It's also pretty easy to just keep "having faith" and follow the rest of the lemmings off the cliff...just ask Lion Fan. They could have hired me...I would have spared them the Darko pick, resigning Curry, keeping Atkins, wasting 30 Mil on Nazr, or hiring Saunders. But, that's just me.

The difference in mistake making is that Joe D has done something worthy of allowing him the opportunity to screw one (or three) up. Neither Saunders nor Nazr have done anything worthy of being given a vote of confidence before their arrival OR after.

It's not my money, but when you're wondering why DET can't spend decent money on an actually talented big man, peer right down to the end of the bench at Half Price.