Are You Comfortable With Nazr Mohammed As Our Starting Center?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Aug 6, 2007.

1. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Good point Abe:

If you are going to assasinate someone's character please have the decency to do it under the cover of anonymous PMs to the forum Grand Poobah... It's the honorable thing to do.

The Nazr signing is like if you went to the store to buy some bananas...you bring home some bruised and over-ripe bananas. Your wife says those are some bad bananas...go back to the store and get some good ones. No..you say...these are good bananas because all the rest of them looked worse.

I guess in comparison to who was left...Nazr was a good banana.

2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Of course, but it would be easier to get Gadzuric than Camby or Nene.

3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Last season, Mohammed never made a shot on a post move when guarded by a center. He made them when gaurded by small forwards, not centers nor for the most part power forwards. Pretty much anyone near his size, he went to a fade shot, and came up short almost every time. The few times the ball actually got all the the way to the center of the basket and had a chance to go in, it bounced around and did not go in. Maybe a bit more luck and he would have made one of those. But even those were very rare. Almost every single time, the ball clanked off the rim short. How do I know this so well? I study film. I study every shot Mohammed takes in the post. (Amongst a myriad of other things.) Its my hobby. I love it. So sue me.

4. Murph

Murph First Round Draft Pick

Nonsense. Mohammed shot 53% from the field last year...53%. If you think that every time Nazr scored, it was because of luck, then Nazr must be the luckies guy in the NBA, because 53% is pretty darn good. Granted a lot of those where on offensive put-backs and dunks, but so what?

In fact, Narz lead the entire team in field goal percentage, for any player with more than 8 games. (Amir shot 55% in 8 games.)

Call Nazr foul prone...fine. Call him stone handed and turn-over prone...ok. Call him a defensive liability...whatever. But don't complain about his offense, because his offense was the most efficient on the entire team (except for Amir's 8 game stint).

BTW, your manhood is being assaulted over at the DetNews forum. You'd better get back over there and defend yourself.

5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Murph,
    please refrain from personal attacks or drawing attention similar harassment. There's enough ammunition to slap each other silly with basketball differences so we really don't need hit below the belt by getting personal.
    thanks

6. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

How ripe was he when we signed him?

I think very overripe. Why?
    Because his play is not solid but has turned to mush!! :lol:

:hoops:

7. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

I will be rooting for the Pistons but I can't say with any seriousness, that we will be there at the end with the center position as it is. We have Nazi for Ben no matter how we slice it. What Amir will or will not do does not erase that deficit.

I think Nazi is better than he showed last year, maybe a bunch better but he did not show enough to warrant optimisim. What was troublesome was his apparant inability to move on defense. He got into constant foul trouble as a result as pointed out by many.

We need a big body to go far. Someone who can body up Shaq, Curry, Howard and Z. We can't afford to use Sheed for fear of fouls. Amir is too young and thin, JMax too short and Dyss cannot hold up for long against those big centers. That is a problem that will have to be addressed.

The center position will be exploited by our opponents in the playoffs if we don't get another big.

8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Please do try to read a bit closer. Mohammed made plenty of shots. Short jumpers. Lots of buckets off offensive rebounds. Etc. He made shots off post moves-when he was gaurded by a smaller player. But why was he taken completely out of the rotation-pretty simple, he could not score in the post over a center. If he could have, even say one of three attempts, I bet he would have kept playing for us. But again, a simple fact, Mohammed never made a shot off a post move against a center last year.

9. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I would also lve to see Camby, but a 1st round pick, nah that's a bit much Slippy. Heck, Camby is 40 years old.

10. DeetroitDynasty-e

DeetroitDynasty-e First Round Draft Pick

#23 Marcus Camby | C
    Nuggets Roster: Select Player C. Anthony C. Atkins M. Camby A. Carter Y. Diawara R. Evans N. Hilario A. Iverson L. Kleiza K. Martin E. Najera J. Smith V. Wafer
    [​IMG]
    Born: March 22, 1974
    Hartford, CT
    Height: 6-11
    Weight: 235 lbs.
    Pos: C
    College: Massachusetts
    Drafted: 1996, 1st round, 2nd pick by Raptors
    2007 Salary: $8,800,000

FANTASY
    Percent Owned (Week +/-):
    NBA: 97.2% (-2.7%)
    Avg. Draft Position:
    NBA: 29.3
    PPG 11.2 | RPG 11.7 | BPG 3.3

He has 3 years left on his contract, he is on the old side, but i think he can last until hes 36, we extended Dyess till he's 35/36

11. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

If the DetNews forum is assaulting a guy's manhood

rest assured that guy is a total stud.

:hoops:

12. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Our 1st round picks have been in the late 20's the past few years. I don't expect that to change this season, so it's not like the Pistons would give up a lottery pick for Camby.

13. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I don't think that Nazr is even comfortable being an NBA starter at this point.

14. Murph

Murph First Round Draft Pick

Armygirl, I think you're the first person I can remember who has described Lee as a "total stud".

15. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    True. Also, how many young players are you planning on bringing in? You have to incorporate Maxiell, AJ, Stuckey, and Afflalo this year. Possibly Mejia and Samb next year. That draft pick is not going to get off the bench. I would do that exchange in a heartbeat.

16. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Of course the Pistons would have to throw in someone else. If the deal was Nazr, Flip M., and/or a 1st round pick for Camby I would do that deal. I don't care if Camby is old.

Camby is a huge upgrade over Nazr. The best thing about it he is only a little bit worse at defense than Big Ben was, but he produces more on offense than Ben does.

Flip M. is not going to do anything here now anyways. CB, Rip, Stuckey, Afflalo, and than Flip should be the guard rotation this season.

The 1st round pick will be late anyways, and like mikhail said Amir, Stuckey, J Max, Afflalo, and Mejia are already here. Even if the Pistons kept that pick it would be hard for that guy to get minutes unless he worked a lot harder than everyone else.

17. armygirl

Did I miss something, premature alzheimers, temporary case of anemia, I can't remember saying that.

18. MotownPride

You didn't. Somehow he got you confused with Buddahfan.

19. armygirl

You guys are always talking about an aging front line, I also like Camby, but I liked him better 5 or 6 years ago.

Remember, Camby is guaranteed to have an injury at least twice a year.

Well, I guess if you let him run with a geritol drip during games, I guess he will be okay for a little while especially if Arnie Kander will be changing his colostopy bag and DEPENDS every two hours lol.

You guys crack me up...lol

20. MotownPride

Camby probably had his best season ever last year.