Arenas out for 2-3 months with knee injury

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dumars4Ever, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

From ESPN, Arenas has a torn meniscus in his knee, and he's having surgery that will pretty much end his season. Caron Butler was already out for six weeks after breaking his hand a few days ago, so the Wiz were already doubtful to even make it out of the first round, but this obviously clinches it.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sorry to hear that the injury will end this season for him. To bad they won't fall to 8th so we can have that first round gimme! With 8 games left, they probably will still maintain the 6th seed or fall no lower than 7th, which means the Cavs or Bulls will have an ezy first round opponent.

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

This should make Dlev very happy.

Yeah, I checked my fantasy stats last night and saw Arenas had a total line of one rebound. So I checked and saw he was out. Too bad. I think I was going to upset Slippy and make a run for the title.

4. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I don't think Dlev will be happy about the Wiz' injury woes, especially because it provides fans around here an easy excuse.

Dlev's preference would probably have been for a healthy Wiz squad to quiet the local faithful by fulfilling his prediction of getting trounced in the second round. :loser:

5. Darth Tater

That's probably true. But since that wasn't going to happen, he can save face.:stirthepot:

6. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

You mean you had the pre-injuries Wiz making the conference finals, Tater? :flypig:

7. Darth Tater

I think they had a great shot at it, yes. Prior to Jamison going down they were on a roll.

Detroit had not hit their stride, and really, it's not like anyone else had a better shot.

I'm not all that impressed with Miami, Chicago, Cleveland, etc. They are all fairly decent, but so were the Wiz.

It's all academic now.

8. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Thank you very much D4E, for saying exactly how I feel about Mr. er, Agent Zero`s injury. I am not happy he went down, I was hoping for a Wiz/Piston playoff series. My preference would have been to spank dat %%%%% with a healthy Arenas and Caron Butler.

Next year I look for Jordan and Grunfeld to try and insert some defensive presence on this team.

Tough break for the Wizards, but as only the true Bball fans that live in this area know, they would have let this great city down.

With or without that "0" guy..........

9. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i hope darth holds off slippy so i can play his arenas-less squad. of course i should be careful what i wish for, plus i don't have joe johnson...so yeah.

10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Pistons might face them in the first round now. Unfortunate for the Wizards. Not to mention they lost Caron Butler too.

11. Play On Players

Play On Players First Round Draft Pick

I can't believe it. First Butler, not Arenas. It's a good thing I'm not a Wizards fan or I'd be all kinds of upset.