Arenas to opt out after next season

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by ggazoo69, Jun 10, 2007.

1. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

ESPN - 'Just business': Arenas to opt out after season - NBA

Should Joe D start clearing cap space to get this guy? Just kidding! Too risky. I'm sure not many Pistons fans want him here anyway but even SA has a superstar and they have team chemistry. Maybe it's time for Detroit, too.
  2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

What an idiot.

I am sure Eddie Jordan and Grunfeld is just estatic that Arenas has made this bold proclamation to opt out after next year.

Of course, he wants to stay in DC.......he says!

There is no way Detroit would go after this idiot.
  3. ggazoo69

Yeah, but the guy can score. And he yells "Hibachi" before he rains down a 3. :pound:
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Artest...no.

Kobe ...no.

Arenas...Hell YES!!!:MusicBigGrin::stirthepot:
  5. ggazoo69

Seriously doubt it would ever happen. Not a Pistons kind of guy: All O and very little D. Pretty gifted, but I couldn't see The Ds giving him $90 million over five years or so. I think that's what he's hoping for. Just not worth it IMO.
  6. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

You guys were saying the same thing when Sheed was traded here. Everyone thought Sheed was the scum of the NBA. Bottom line you will cheer for whom ever wears the White, Blue and Red. You say you won't, but you will.

All I care about is that the guy can play and help the team win. I don't care if they have egos or have personal problems as long as they play hard and want to win. With that said, Davidson is too cheap to bring Arenas here, but it is a good thought. If you plan on going after Arenas it means that you would have to cut Chauncey lose now and throw the towel in on next season. I don't see that happening on a 30% chance that you can sign Areanas. Someone may out bid you or he might not even want to play in Detroit.
  7. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

That`s why I say bring in Zach!!

Arenas would have all of us running him out of town in a hurry, trust me...He will lose just as many games as he wins for you.

One quick example.......A couple of years ago the media and some of his teammates said Arenas was a ballhog. The very next game, the selfish SOB, didn`t take a shot! The Wiz still won, much to his dismay....

The Pistons, the city of Detroit, and this forum doesn`t need this guy in our lives.
  8. ggazoo69

Well, I can only speak for myself, but I would cheer for anyone Dumars brings in -- except for Artest. I don't remember having a problem with bringing Sheed in. I'd cheer for Arenas, too.

That being said, I think this team needs a superstar. Ben was the closest we had. And you're right, Davidson is way too cheap and we would have to throw in the towel next season. And we probably wouldn't get Arenas anyway.