Artest's fans don't show

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Jan 20, 2008.

1. max

max All-Star

Artest's fans don't show

I wanted to post this because some may not know about the community service that Artest has done here. Granted it was court ordered but he never complained. Also has appologized a few times for the brawl that I thought was very sincere.

I don't think he deserves to get booed anymore. Some may point to his antics with the crowd. I was at that game and he was just responding to the fans trying to have fun with the situation of being booed.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Most people are decent when you meet them in person, but get people into a group, and you can expect all sorts of boorish behavior.

I mean, these are the same people who booed Darko after he led us to a championship!
  3. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Artest seems to have grown up. He even volunteered to speak at a Detroit library the day before the game on his own. This was not part of his community service plea deal.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He knows that Joe won't trade for him because of the character issue. He's trying to make it seem like he's a good guy so that he can get on the team and try to pick up a ring. Not a bad strategy.
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

So what does he do? Feed the homeless ?