1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Artest's fans don't show

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Jan 20, 2008.

1. max

max All-Star

Artest's fans don't show

I wanted to post this because some may not know about the community service that Artest has done here. Granted it was court ordered but he never complained. Also has appologized a few times for the brawl that I thought was very sincere.

I don't think he deserves to get booed anymore. Some may point to his antics with the crowd. I was at that game and he was just responding to the fans trying to have fun with the situation of being booed.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Most people are decent when you meet them in person, but get people into a group, and you can expect all sorts of boorish behavior.

I mean, these are the same people who booed Darko after he led us to a championship!

3. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Artest seems to have grown up. He even volunteered to speak at a Detroit library the day before the game on his own. This was not part of his community service plea deal.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He knows that Joe won't trade for him because of the character issue. He's trying to make it seem like he's a good guy so that he can get on the team and try to pick up a ring. Not a bad strategy.

5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

So what does he do? Feed the homeless ?