Article: The Fantasy Dish: Edition III

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by jdmiser, Nov 21, 2005.

1. jdmiser

jdmiser Second Round Draft Pick

THE FANTASY DISH
    By: David Kovsky, Pistonsforum.com Staff Writer
    Edition III (11-21-2006)

Thanks for coming back to The Fantasy Dish where I serve up heaping portions of fantasy know how. Let's dig right in to this week's edition covering the top-10 waiver wire pickups. If these guys are out there, go pick them up.

PICK ME, PICK ME:

1. Marquis Daniels:The fantasy world has been waiting for Coach Avery to wake up, smell the coffee and bench Dough Christie. It never happened so the Fantasy Gods had to step in and deliver a serious ankle injury. Thank you Gods! Daniels is now starting in the Big D and should be acquired in all fantasy leagues.

2. Chris Duhon: Duhon got dropped in fantasy leagues across the nation. After a blazing hot start, Duhon caught the injury bug and mailed in some weak performances. Not anymore. Duhon pimp-slapped the stat line last night with 21 points, 8 dishes and 5 rebounds. If he is healthy again, he needs to be on a team.

3. Mike James: The Toronto point guard posted some huge 30+ point games over the last ten days. Yet, inexplicably, he wasn't inhaled by point guard thirsty teams. GM's seemed content to play wait and see with his production. If he is still swimming in the free agency pool, here's a clue on what to do: over the last week, James has averaged 21 points, 2.5 rebounds and 5.8 dishes.

4. Michael Olowokandi: Yes, it pains me as much to type this as it burns your eyes to read it. Nevertheless, the stat lines do not lie and Olowokandi is ready to be picked up. Over his last few games, Olowokandi is averaging 14 points, 6.7 rebounds and 2 blocks per game. That is flirting with starting center production for your team.

5. David West: Somebody in my fantasy league actually dropped David West this weekend and it has sparked a mad dash to acquire him. And, nobody seems willing to even let him clear waivers. The reason: 18.8 points, 7.3 boards and 57% shooting over the last week. With the way Chris Paul has been running the Hornet offense, expect West to continue his deft touch and rebounding prowess around the hoop to continue.

6. Erick Dampier: Damps posted back to back goose-eggs on November 15 and November 17 for the Mavs and found himself homeless in many a fantasy league. Oops. The Mavs dropped some serious cash on Damps and have thus committed themselves to playing him, so you know he is going to get burn. Also, it seems that Diop lit a little fire under his derriere to which Damps responded with a serious 16 points, 14 boards and 2 blocks. His consistency is an issue, but Damps is still going to be the man in the Big D.

7. Ike Diogu: Golden State's freshman big man is fixin' to come back from a broken hand and you know he's going to get himself some regular burn in a three-man Murpy-Diogu-Foyle rotation. Get him now while you still can.

8. Joe Smith: Much to my dismay because I own Andrew Bogut, Joe Smith has played his way back into the starting lineup. Smith should be a solid pick-up as long as he is starting.

9. Mike Sweetney: Sweets has started his last two games and has double-doubles in his last three. In fact, he had a double-double at half time last night. I loved this guy when he was on the Knicks but Isaiah is particularly talented at ruining good things, which brings me to my one concern for Sweets, Scott Skiles. Coach Skiles' rotation shakeups maybe good for Chicago but they are bad for fantasy hoops. As long as Sweets is getting 25 minutes of action, starter or otherwise, he is a huge fantasy asset.

10. Salim Stoudamire: The Atlanta guard exploded this weekend in a 30 point performance against the Hornets. He may not be ready to produce right now, but if that 30 point game is any indication of what is to come, you have to act quickly. If he has back to back big games, rest assured somebody will pick him up. Don't say I didn't warn you.

MAILBAG

Question: What can I do about Rafer Alston? Every game he is getting outplayed and JVG's offense is well, offensive!
    --themicrowave – Windsor, Ontario

Answer: Microwave, I feel your pain. You need to just get rid of Rafer Alston. If you can trade him, do it. If he is your number one point guard, you need to trade other value and improve that situation.

If you can't make a trade, then consider picking up, Mike James, Brevin Knight or Chris Duhon. They were all dropped in many leagues over the last 10 days and are being eaten back up faster than a Thanksgiving turkey. Don't deliberate this move; just go do it while you can get someone.

For more fantasy advice, please e-mail your questions to fantasyhoops@pistonsforum.com.

2. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

since no one else commented - thanks for these articles :) they are helpful and appreciated!!

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Where are our manners? I'll second that! :nod:

4. M4Babbie

M4Babbie Second Round Draft Pick

Thanks

Thanks for this article, it helps me out a lot

5. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

fantasy dish

Are we still going to get the dish?