Articles worth mentioning

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mikhail1973, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

After? Weren't they down in both the NJ and Indy series in '04? The g2 loss against the Lakers was a toughie also. None of those seem like the easy path.

Did Sheed guarantee a win while they were down 1-0 on the road to the #1 seed in the conference because they were humble and unaffected?

That's what that team was known and celebrated for and now we lambaste them for it!!!

Sent from the new and improved Tapatalk 2.
    linwood likes this.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

They were never celebrated for talking loud and losing games.

We have two very different recollections of history.
  3. Ernie the Slow Adult

When they got down in a series what was the general reaction, that they were about to lose or lock in?

I say it was the latter. Most expected them to come back when they were down to CLE and Miami in 2006. Most here thought it up until '08 I'd say.

4. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Has there ever been a situation where a player returned to their old team after they bought them out? That would be very strange. I can only think of a coach (Mike Brown).
  5. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Detroit Pistons' Rodney Stuckey needs work but still under consideration to start | MLive.com

Speechless...I mean the insanity. How is this still going on 7 years in and what have we, as fans, done to deserve this? This is why I never pile on CV. I'd understand if Villanueva was getting 30mpg...but, he barely plays 15-20. Stuckey is eating up just as much cap space, is performing terribly, and STILL playing huge minutes. Not only do we have another huge chunk of our salary cap being eaten up by this guy, but we're also NOT getting someone on the floor that actually helps us. I'm simply blown away by this. It never stops....ever.
  6. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

I actually think Charlie V is tradeable.

Boston Celtics for Gerald Wallace - makes sense. Boston get another ton of money next year for their re tool to go with the picks from the Nets et al. We take on Wallace's stinker contract for a strong defensive 3. This also gives us the opportunity to go athletic and small with Smith at the 5. Put GW as the first sub for Drummond and about 25mpg. I would think he would be a plus guy.

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN - I know everyone here will hate me, but if this got done, I would almost be happy. We lose two expirings and pick up Amare's uninsurable contract. But this guy can ball if he is only playing 20mpg. That's all he will get and we get to divvy up stuckeys minutes to our young guards. Horrible, but we ain't going to get good for CV.

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN - Again. Its horrible, I know. But OKC desperately need outside scorers. CV gives them serious heat on the wings and gives Durant more room to play at the elbow or slash to the rim. We get Perkins. He plays into our defensive mindset and there are worries about Drummonds ability to not get injured (so young and explosive blah blah). Old man Perk is a great player to rotate with Drum.

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN - Chicago has the same problem. Deng is become injury prone. Rose is an average 3pt shooter. They get to dump Boozer on us. For what its worth, I don't mind Boozer. Minutes are a serious problem here. I don't think this one is likely, and it is a better trade for the Bulls than us - they get a competent back up to Taj (who is the best PF on their roster) in JJ who is on a good deal.

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN - You know what, I think Pau Gasol is about to have a contract year. If we could get a *wink wink* understanding with Gasol I would consider putting Monroe in this trade. If the end game is signing Gasol for 3yr/30m I would actually be very happy with it.

CV will not net us picks. He will not net us perfect fits. He wont even get us good deals. I tried to be reasonable about all of these trade deals.
    coynejeremy likes this.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Mo Cheeks was enamored with Stuckey's defense in the preseason practices, singling him out as executing the defensive fundamentals better than anyone else on the team.

Stuckey has the physical abilities to be a very strong defender and Cheeks is familiar with good defense at the guard spot, so who knows. Maybe he's getting with the program. Or maybe Cheeks has no idea what he's doing.
  8. Ernie the Slow Adult

The problem with all these is that CG doesn't even rate as an average 3 pt shooter for his position according to the advanced stats. His 3 pt prowess apparently is a myth.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It would help if his ball peaked above the rim.
    The Panda likes this.
  10. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

And neither according to the regular stats.
    Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Now Austin Daye on the other hand...
  12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Stuckey barely played in the preseason. Lets wait until coach sees Stuckey getting totally lost on picks in games that count, and then see what he thinks.
    coynejeremy and linwood like this.
  13. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

lee, please send Mo some of your game footage from the last few seasons.
    I really don't want to see any minutes wasted on Rodney this season.
    Pwn Toney likes this.
  14. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

Guy is a career 35% 3pt shooter. In his 4 seasons with Detroit, .362 - the guy can throw the long ball, has a very quick release. He is an above average shooter, and he loves throwing them up, this is known as being a threat from the 3pt line.

Also, he just needs to pick his spots better. From the right corner, 45%. Right wing, 41%. Left wing, 36%. These are all good numbers, particularly on the right where Monroe's post play facilitated open looks from the 3pt line.
    Pwn Toney and linwood like this.
  15. Ernie the Slow Adult

34.7 is the average 3 pt % for PF's in the L. That is what he does best.

Not sure if this link will make it through.

Charlie Villanueva: 2013-14 Detroit Pistons Preview - Detroit Bad Boys

Pwn Toney likes this.
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, but the average NBA PF only takes open 3's. Charlie must be a brilliant shooter if he can meet the league average with his shot selection.
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

People don't really cover Charlie either despite his mediocrity.

I wonder who he stacks up with as a 3 point shooting 4, Big Baby and Reggie Evans?

While I was looking for that article I came across one from MLive where Mo Cheeks thought Chuckles was out of shape.

10 days or so ago Dre Drummond sent out a tweet with a picture of he and CG that resulted in CCG getting in a fight with some nasty commenters. Keep on gigglin' Charlie!

andredrummond0 @charlie_villanueva yeah man, you already know dudes love throwing salt... It's funny because 90% of the people talking **** on here could never walk a day in either of our shoes so I just giggle at dudes like @beantime24 @dre_22 @zacharymanni @eldertdmarshall

18. linwood

linwood All-Star

Pffft. You think people are guarding Charlie?
  19. linwood

linwood All-Star

Quicker the Pistons lose Charlie, the better the future looks for Dre.
    coynejeremy likes this.
  20. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

He's had one
    He's had one season shooting over .351. The average is .347 for PFs, he's shooting .346 for his career. That is not an above average shooter.

Also, he's not going to pick his spots any differently.