As the season turns...

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Sanddunes, Nov 5, 2005.

1. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

I just hope . . .

. . . that these early losses for Miami come back to haunt them. Getting off to a great start, it seems to me, was the only way the Heat could stay in contention with us for home court. I can see some losses for Indy, too, that can help us.

I was just a little worried about such an early west coast trip, but with a 3-0 going in, we should come out of the trip in good shape, with one of the tough stretches out of the way.

:laugh: :thumb: :laugh:

2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Milwaukees comeback on indy

milwaukee cameback on indiana and won 103-102 off a maurice williams buzzer beating 3. milwaukee cameback after they were down 14 with 3 and a half minutes to go. the wizards also beat the spurs 104-95.

3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I have 2 wiz players on my fantasy team and I follow their games. I'm becoming a Wizards bandwagoner. Caron Butler >>>>>>>>>>> Kwame. I have kwame too. Giving him up adds to your team.

4. himat

himat Bench Warmer

whoever has arenas on his or her fantasy team must be really happy he poured down 43 points against the spurs yesterday.

5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, I have Arenas, Wade, Bibby, A.Miller, and Hinrich as my guards so I'm pretty happy with that position so far. I wasn't too worried about the "points" category yesterday, but it's fun to watch your guy light it up anyhow.

I have two guys on Wahington (Arenas and Haywood) and both are playing well.

**knocks wood**

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Jalen Rose held pointless tonight as Philly beats Toronto. First pointless game for Rose since 1998. He played 6 minutes and had 4 fouls. I swear he wanted to explode in the locker room interviews but sucked it up.

AI had 43 btw, putting him over 17,000 for his career. Another great game from CWebb as well.

I watched the 4th Q of the Golden State/Bucks game. I've got JRich and BDiddy on my fantasy team and they were sucking for most of the game.

Close at the end, when Milwaukee missed 3 straight FTs that could have iced the game. That moron Danny Crawford was the lead official and they must have blown a half dozen calls in the last 3 minutes.

Troy Murphy is completely useless. Zarko Chabarkapa (sp!) is useless. Dunleavy is worthless. The 4 best players on that team are all guards. Pietrus, JRich, BDiddy and Derek Fisher. The only big man who can play a little is Foyle, but he is a total liability on the offensive end, wandering around the paint aimlessly, bumping his own penetrating guards. Heck of a shot blocker though.

G-State has no offensive gameplan whatsoever. They just play isolation and chuck up close to 30 treys per game. It's terrible to watch with the game on the line and their best rebounder (Murphy) spotting up for a trey as 3 Milwaukee defenders cover the defenisve rebound and ice the game.

So Milwaukee won, ended an 18 game road losing streak to the West. The streak started in GS, and they ended it tonight in GS.

Funniest part of the Warriors/Bucks game was the Milwaukee announcers. I didn't catch their names, but they are big time homers and as I tuned in at the start of the 4th Q, one of them was comparing Andrew Bogut to Kareem Abdul Jabbar. The other guy just made fun of him with comments like "Andrew only has 30,000 points to go!" etc etc.

I posted in the draft forum, Bogut is for real. Real tough, real gritty. Golden State could have used some of that tonight...

7. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Miami loses to Toronto

Toronto got their first win of the year by knocking off Miami 107-94 today.

Box score and recap

8. roscoe36

Atlanta got their first win! My man Zaza Pachulia came up big with 19/13!

Spurs up by 30 over Golden State (on the road) at halftime. 20 assists on 66 points. Don't sleep on the Spurs people. They are amazing.

Toronto up by 12 on the road against the Clippers, less than one minute to halftime!

I love this game!

9. roscoe36

WOW. Pacers hold Cavs to 30 first half points. 15 per quarter.

Even with the Pacers in foul trouble the Cavs are struggling bigtime...

10. roscoe36

Awesome win by the Hawks tonight at home against the Spurs...

94-84

5 Hawks players in double digits, and 3 players with double-doubles in points and rebounds.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2005121001

How did the Hawks win? Making their FTs and outrebounding the Spurs badly. Makes my point about the team that rebounds gives themselves a chance to win. Against anyone...

Interesting footnote, the Hawks only attempted 2 three pointers and missed both...

11. 1989

1989 First Round Draft Pick

Funny. I was looking at the schedule earlier today and I was thinking that the Spurs would lose on the road tonight. Premonitions are a strange thing indeed.... :)

12. Darth Tater

Maybe we should try to trade Darko to the Spurs. He plays great against Atlanta. :D

13. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

on a random sidenote, larry hughes can %%%%%. he's an awful fantasy player this year and i'm ready to play hinrich over him as a starter (he's been sweet past couple weeks minus the injury game). unfortunately with only 6 starters in our league...it kinda blows either way. drew gooden's dropped off too (both on the cavs...hmm?)

14. 1989

1989 First Round Draft Pick

LeBron exploded for 52-7-7 tonight. I believe that's the first 50 point game this season. (The Cavs lost though.)

15. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

LMAO.:p
    Hey this may be the game that gives us home court in the finals

16. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

heh they still lost eh. wow. but lately Lebron and Z are getting all the looks, and gooden/hughes are left outta the mix. gooden had been a nice fantasy player up until this point, and hughes was disappointing but still decent enough. lately they've been ghetto...i'm gonna have to start playing hinrich at SG.

17. himat

himat Bench Warmer

52 points doesn't matter

Lebron James poured down 52 points dished out 7, and had 7 boards, yet the cavs still lost 111-106 to the bucks. Ouch!

18. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Here's bulletin board material from Chris Kaman -- against his own team's fan base! This comes courtesy of today's Free Press:

19. Darth Tater

Piston's DNA? Sign him up. lol.

20. roscoe36

JKidd 17 points, 12 assists with 2 minutes to go in the first half tonight.

Looks like someone noticed the game Chauncey had....