As the season turns...

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Sanddunes, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

How the hell did Charlie Villanueva score 48 points?????
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Charlie V > Many players taken before him in that draft. He's a baller.
  3. roscoe36

Charlie FREAKING Bell is UNCONCIOUS!

The dude is the 3rd PG in Milwaukee, Bucks up 128-106 over Phoenix, Bell has 19 PTS, 13 AST. IN 33 MINUTES!

On Sunday he had 18 + 11.

3rd string PG. WOW!
  4. roscoe36

Bucks play a great second game of a back-to-back last night. They were really strong in the second half, beating Indiana. I can't understand starting TJ Ford after Bell has done such a good job recently, but Redd was an absolute monster scoring 39 points.

If not for injuries, Terry Stotts would be a Coach of the Year candidate.
  5. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

..also Bucks set an NBA record with just 2 total turnovers the entire game.
  6. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Btw, the Pacers just dropped another game (now a dismal 35-37 w/the 7th seed) and are currently at risk of dropping out of the playoffs if we can get a run out of Philly and Chicago.

Philly is a game and a half behind Indiana.

Chicago is two and a half games back from the Pacers.

How ironic would that be? Jermaine O'Neal claims his team can beat the Pistons with him on it, he returns, and his team proceeds to fall out of the playoff picture. LMAO!
  7. roscoe36

Holy Cow, Mike James is loosing his ferkin mind right now.

He's being interviewed by the Toronto media, and he's freaking out. They are on him about his last two bad shooting nights. Seriously, he's insane.

He makes Raging Bull Ron Artest look like a thorazine addict.

He's doing a Terrel Owens/Mike Tyson bit. Wow. No wonder Joe never re-signed him. The guy is gonzo. I wish I had recorded it! :frusty:

I am who I am, and wherever I play, I'm gunna be an absolute terror on this league for the next 5 years! He tried to talk down Chauncey when they asked him about trying too hard to score, (5 for 25 on Sunday), saying that Chauncey has less pressure on him because his teammates are so good. So does that mean the Raptors are really bad? I mean, we know that, but you don't throw your teammates under the bus if you want to be a leader.

All of my Raptors buddies are none too enthused about Mike James right now. Even a layman can tell you he's playing for a contract, not to win. And it's BLATANT. You can definitely see how this guy could rub people the wrong way off the court.
  8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Looks like the Bulls came back on the Pacers tonight.... they were down 17 points with apprx 10 minutes left in the game.

Starting to look more like a Bulls matchup in the first round
  9. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

BTW, this is a nice story about Shaquille O'Neal and his fourth-grade teacher.
  10. roscoe36

NBA Roundup!

Zaza Pachulia lead the Hawks over the Heat, absolutely abusing Michael Doleac and scoring 18 points with 8-8 from the FT line. The Hawks doubled their win total from last season. Wayne Simien played 27 minutes for Miami but was unable to put up Jason Maxiell type numbers, showing why the Pistons passed on him. LOL.

The Nets beat Philly 91-88, Jacque Vaughan played 38 minutes to help rest JKidd. In THIRTY EIGHT minutes, he had 13 assists, but took ZERO shots. He scored 0 points. In THIRTY EIGHT minutes. But the Nets' reserves are kinda scary. Lamond Murray had a renaissance game scoring 19 and Bostjan Nachbar had 14 off the bench.

Wiz beat the Bucks as both Arenas and Redd scored 43 points for their team. Combined, that's more than 81. Maybe they should be MVPs.

Clips dropped their second in a row, tonight it was the Grizzbomb. Vin Baker got his first start since January 2004. Hakim Warrick started and played like crap, definitely showing that too many teams passed over Jason Maxiell for these no talent wannabees.

As I write this, the Sonics are up 5 on the Kings. Artist and Reef are having bad games. But hey, Shareef Abdur Rahim finally breaks his streak of never getting to the playoffs, so this is all really just gravy right? Btw, Johan Petro and Francisco Garcia are stinking up the joint, further proof that Joe made the right call grabbing JMax were he did. All of those other GMs have no idea who they let slip through their fingers.

THE BRAHMA, BABY!
  11. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Now this is a funny story.

12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

With Sac blowing out the Spurs tonight they should be up 3 games to 1 now (gave away one in S.A.)... they can't matchup up with Ronnie.
    Intersting series... Sac looked like they were headed to the lotto before "the trade".
    Funniest play was watching Brad Miller make a cross over and hang for a shot (got two dollars under his shoes)
  13. justise32

justise32 First Round Draft Pick

Arenas' Press Conference Comments:
    He said....word for word....
    "Hey, this is the LeBron James show, and we are all witnesses."

PRICELESS!!!