At Atlanta Hawks Dec. 21st, 2:00 PM

Discussion in 'December 2008' started by Dlev59, Dec 14, 2008.

1. permaximum

permaximum Banned - Sent to NBDL

Pistons is going nowhere not even second round in playoffs like i said before.First-round exit.
  2. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

I'm kinda of speechless

AI on the bench.
    Tayshaun in the game.
    Referee hatchet job.

I can't believe Curry has any support at all.

EDIT: Watched it again, I didn't see Rip at all get elbowed in the face, for whatever its worth. He kinda turned in to Bibby, who had his arms straight up.
  3. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

What a messed up 4th qtr.
  4. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Then watch another team and stop %%%%%ing
  5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I turned it back on with like a minute or so to go, and all i saw was a few odd subs, and Stuckey guarding JJ. I turned it off.

edited to add;

So much for that "scoring punch". Out rebounded again; 13 O boards, and we shot a higher percentage. When is this team going to get back to the basics ?
    I wish i saw this. Can someone elaborate a little further ?
  6. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Rip must have said something after the collision. But that wouldn't be a flagrant. Was the ref saying that Rip intentionally tried to cause hurt to his opponent?And that Rip just got the worse of the contact?

I SO don't understand that call. Maybe they will explain it in a press conference. It was really wierd.

A flagrant technical. Really?
  7. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

there is nothing keeping me attached to the NBA anymore, there is no integrity anymore, the officials don't even bother....why bother

Joe Dumars must be PISSED at what he sees unfolding down the stretch. MC looks like the worst coach in the NBA and I'm not even %%%%%%%%%ing
  8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Where can I get a glass like that. Seems it would save a lot of refreshment money.
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Podshow is on.
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Testing the forum filter is a violation of the Forum Guidelines.

Please stop.
  11. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

The ref can give one tech and eject the player with that one tech.
    Rip must have said something that really was not professional to the ref.
    With that said, I am sick and tired of Rip's act. Eight straight games with a tech. It is crazy. You are not going to get every call. With the game on the line that was not the time to let the ref have it.

As far as Curry goes what can anyone say? He is a rookie head coach with 1 year of assistant coaching experience. Enough said. It is what it is.
  12. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

The show is starting......NOW.
  13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I think our problems can be summed in 3 ways; AI can't guard anybody worth anything; Our coach's rotations are based on random feelings and generally puzzling (Why was Stuckey taken out for so long ? Where was Arron when Bibby was going off ? 4 min?! really?) And we need to bench someone and won't do it.
  14. permaximum

Now game analysis:

Pistons played with Rasheed inside (like everyone wanted here) instead AI and the result is here.AI was on the bench last 5 mins.Entered while 1 min to go because rip was ejected.4/11 shooting 10 points 6 assists 5 rebounds 1 TO in 41 min for AI and MC decided to make him sit in last 5 mins because he didn't take shots.Why didn't he take shots?Pistons organization don't want him to take shots...Why didn't MC make Prince sit? ( 1/8 fg 2 points in 42 mins) Because AI had to sit no matter what.

On the defensive end pistons didn't use switches..What happened then?Mike Bibby scored 27 while going 10 of 13 from the floor.

Results:Pistons lost..AI was pissed off.Rip was ejected.But more importantly MC felt like he is the boss.

My thoughts: Pistons bring AI here to make his career over.Dumars doesn't care about this season.This team is goin' nowhere.

When i first asked in this forum why pistons don't let AI to take 20 shots, some people said "he doesn't need to.Pistons would win with he is takin 11 shots.He just needs to take over in the 4th and the game is on the line". And i said "OK.That's a good thing if pistons win."

Now pistons don't win and they don't even let AI to play in the last 5 mins or the whole 4th.But he was supposed to take over when the game is on the line...

Pistons organization can't do this to one of the greatest players of all time.What a shame!
  15. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

AI has poor lateral movement. He can't even stay in front of Bibby for crying out loud. I never realized he was that bad defensively. With that said, we are no longer a defensive unit so we need to adapt.
  16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Subtitled: 2 different games.

One, where Curry is being stubborn, insisting on playing small ball. And the rest of the game, where he becomes a bit serious at least.

But even in the serious part, hey, Bynum does not need to play that much. If we are faltering with him in that badly, yank him out quick and just put him again later. That is 2 straight quarters started by Bynum where nothing happened right.

What a pathetic sight, late first quarter, with Atlanta running a layup drill on us, before Curry finally relented and quit playing small ball.

We made our first 7 shots. Two point lead. Get the picture? With no defense, and Tay guarding their power forward tonight was no defense at all, you don't win games. What a whole series of wasted offense.

How bad is Curry's coaching getting? Real bad. Tonight, he just basically used a 6 man rotation. Yes, it was nice to see Amir get some burn. He did fine in his 8 minutes, but with Bynum runnig the point poorly, we opened that 2nd quarter doing nothing at all on offense.

Stuckey continues to be a bright spot for us. Almost a double double in points, 20, and rebounds, 9. Bynum likes to drive in, and sometimes looks like Stuckey doing so skillwise. But Stuck goes in with his 6-5 frame and and relies on his power and size to ensure he scores. And Stuck is getting more confident by the game on that outside shot.

Sheed got 20, mostly fairly close in. Nobody can complain about his game.

Yes, I know, everyone loves Dyess. Free pass on his two blown bunnies inside, and no other inside scoring for us. He did hit a few outside shots. Yes, I do appreciate him going inside, but this was a poor game for him, and one he really did not fit too well. JMAX did not even play, despite the fact that JMAX has been insrumental in every win we have had of late. There was no reason to stick with Dyess that much without playing JMAX.

Our best front court players are Sheed, Amir, JMAX, (Kwame and Dyess tie.) Curry does not know this, even though he is called the coach of the team. It has been a long long time now since we have seen a Sheed / JMAX combo, or Sheed / Amir combo. Two combos that have worked for us. Instead, Curry persists with this fantasy that Dyess is his 2nd best big.

Dyess should play no more than 12 minutes per game. He is really too old to play any more.

Rip and AI hit enough shots. But AI went a long, long stretch out there with no shot to take, nothing to do with the ball - after our offense went completely out of whack with Bynum trying to run the point. I hate to blame that stretch on AI, as its quite hard sometimes to restore order after the team is totally off the program.

We had some bad luck down the stretch. AI got the finger jammed and sat out a spell. Then Rip got elbowed up side the head. No call, but hey, the refs don't have instant replay, and it certainly looked like an innocent enough elbow.

But we still had a shot to get into the game with about 15 seconds left. But Tay, who is leg dead, and has less chance of hitting a three at the moment than you or I winning the lotto twice next week, took the shot. Clank. Just like all his outside shots tonight. It takes a very clueless coach to have gotten Tay in this state, and truly unobservant, very clueless coach indeed to even have Tay on the floor when we needed a three point shot made in this game.
  17. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

by going by a quick reply they gave, so it could be missed assignments and such included... I had Bynam, AA, Stuckey, AI closest to him as he shot on the first 4 of the 3's he made... so they took turns stinking up the joint on guarding him. Currey if i heard right called out AI though for his defense on bibby, said he was ball watching to much.
  18. permaximum

What are u talkin about man?He couldn't stay in front of his man because he was screened all the time.There pistons had to use switches like every other team.AI got screened but he had to catch his man no matter what huh?We are talkin bout basketball rite?

The word "basketball" starts with "B"...You got the point ;)
  19. lk#1

lk#1 First Round Draft Pick

Stuckey is becoming the best player on this team.
  20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

AA was in there part of that time, playing small forward.

Yes of course, for this game, Amir could have played small forward to back up Tay, letting AA be a guard for us. But that would take coaching, something Curry more and more seems incapable of doing.