At Atlanta Hawks Dec. 21st, 2:00 PM

Discussion in 'December 2008' started by Dlev59, Dec 14, 2008.

1. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

you won't get anything if you do that. If he knows, he would not tell you because this is confidential. If he does not know, he would lie and tell you that he can't tell because it is confidential. Both ways, we will know what is MC's brain.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

starting to??...he has frustrated me since he played here in the first part of this century...but he saved Joe's life or something back then so he decided to give him a chance:wacko:

3. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

I missed the 1st part of the century, didn't follow the Pistons that much in the 2001-2006 era so didnt see Curry play.
    I just liked the things he said during summer and preseason but now they just seem to be empty words.

The excuses for the poor perfomances after the trade seemed to be valid then but at this moment the poor perfomances seem to be pointing to one reason, Curry.
    The rotation is not what it should be, the fans know it, and i am afraid the players know it to. But it's kinda hard to say in public or on camera that the coach is sh*t and as a player you don't have a clue what is going on. If you check the bodylanguage of the players on the court you can clearly see they are not happy.

Joe should be seeing it to, just wondering howlong he will allow this to keep on hapening. Maybe he is thinking; you made me feel misarable 6 EFC's long, now it's pay back time, lol

At first i had high hopes with MC as a coach but now i don't have a clue what the direction is, he is trying to go.

4. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Keep that in mind that players were USED TO PLAY IN THE SAME WAY FOR FIVE YEARS. Finally Dumars saw that it has not given desired results so he hired a coach who promised not to follow "the safe path".

You're probably underestimated how comfortably players felt under flip - no challenges or anything.

But MC has challenges players and players - too used with their comfy life - have responded with frustation.

MC is probably bored from excuses why "why I can't do this or that".

Keep that in mind that during in his whole career AI has used to play only in ONE way, but MC is challenging him too.

:starwars:

This forum has demanded changes but somewhat naively was presumed that all "reforms" will be carried out seamlessly or changes will have only positive effect or process of ( painful) changing will be quick.

5. Maverick

Maverick First Round Draft Pick

cosigned^

6. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

Ofcourse for Curry it's always easier to make a statement saying "i am just challenging players" then to admit "i don't have a clue what i am doing".
    There is no honesty here, it's all about the media and making money. I don't see the challenge in sitting a player like Amir or Max on the bench. How is that gonna prepare them for PO time?
    Curry at this moment could utilise some of his players in a better way then he is doing now.

7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Yeah, in the 2nd half of the Atlanta game, he challenged exactly 6 players. All he used. Dyess was the only sub in the 2nd half.

Now, Dyess, he is already getting overused, in just this very short time he has been back playing for us. So really, he is just basically burnt out. No challenging there.

Tay is leg dead. Useless. No challenging there.

AI? He needs some kind of challenge? Won't buy it.

Rip? Won't buy it.

Stuckey? Stuckey is already starting. He played 35 minutes in this game. Seems there was plenty of time to challenge him to play some D.

Then you got Sheed, who actually did take up the challenge to go inside in this game. Ok, so thats one player it makes sense to challenge.

No, that hardly gives any excuse to go with a 6 man rotation in the 2nd half.

No excuse to burn out Dyess and Tay, and its only December.

Its just lame coaching, nothing more.

Here is a clue for Curry: You can always challenge your players to do better. Meanwhile, try coaching to win games. In other words, us fans are challenging you to do better. At least coach to an acceptable level. Nice easy goal to start with.

8. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

I am ok with challenges but what i don't get is that if you're aiming for the playoffs and you're saying it's not the regular season that is gonna count and you're loosing games anyway, why don't you just toss it all out there and start playing a 9 man rotation. Let Amir, Max and Bynum make their mistakes now, let them learn from it and put the challenge into that.

Curry's challenge right now is in; "be ready when called upon"
    Yeah that is a real confidence builder, inconsistent playtime and then produce. Probably works for a vet but not for young players like Arron, Amir, Kwame or Max.

And i agree with Lee356 that the only challenge is getting Sheed on the block instead of behind the arc. And so far that challenge has hardly been met (except maybe for the Atlanta game).

9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

After rewatching the game:

1) Bynum was not all that bad. We actually did well the first several minutes he was in; it was just his last minute in there that things went bad in any way. I did not realized that Stuckey took his place quite so quick in the quarter.

2)AI got burnt twice from watching the play instead of watching his guy. Just like he admitted to. But that was twice. The rest of Bibby's open shots were bad communication on who was suppose to what on defense. Or no plan. Whatever. The Pistons in no way looked like a well coached team in that respect.

3)Atlanta had a lot of problems. But their coach kept getting them back in line, back to the game plan.

4)Atlanta exploited its mismatches the whole game thru, at least, whenever we went small, which was most of the time. (If you consider any time we had three guards in, or no power forward, it was easily most of the game.)

5)The elbow to Rip's head was clearly inadvertent. Bibby started bringing his elbow thru, next to his own body, then Rip ducked into the elbow very quickly. This was not that easy to see. I had to look at all the angles they showed a couple of times each to really see what happened. (a lot in frame by frame mode) However, by the time I got thru studying that sequence, it was very clear to me that no elbow was "thrown" at anyone. Again, the motion of the elbow clearly was first, followed by the decison by Rip to duck his head into it with every fiber of his being. Absolutely, Rip created the contact.

6) Some question why AI stayed out so long when he jammed his thumb. Well, he had not sat in the half yet. Plus Stuckey was playing well and it was time to bring him back in. Stuckey had just finished getting his only few minutes of rest for the half. Altogether, the problem was poor rotations, where we used one player, Dyess, to rotate everyone thru some rest. Which put the rest periods going rigth into crunch time.

6a)Now, that is one theory. The other theory, is that Curry never intended to bring Stuckey back in. At the nine minute mark, Curry had his "team" in. AI, Rip, Tay, Dyess, Sheed. He may have intended to play this group the rest of the way. Which is even worse, since then he planned on giving AI no rest at all.

7) Got to give it up for Stuckey. His shot has improved tremendously. He is way ahead of the learning curve Wade went thru on outside shooting.

8)We certainly did not look organized as a team with Stuckey sitting those maybe 4 minutes in the 4th quarter.

9)By far, the worst offensive player we had out there was Tay, who could not even get close to hitting any outside shot. Even if he steps in some. Just completely leg dead now.

10)I like the fact we kept trying to go inside to Dyess. But he blew two bunnies, traveled, and another pass to him inside never got to him. Good to see the attempt, even though for this game, Dyess did nothing inside.

11)Back to 9 acually. Our best run was early 4th quarter, with Tay out of the game. I would go so far as to say, keeping Tay out of the game tonight would drastically improve our chances of winning the game. First, it would get us away from small ball, and 2nd, it would remove a completely useless player who is leg dead. Well, he still has the height for D, but every time the ball goes to him on offense on the perimeter, its wasted time.

12)Merry Christmas everyone.

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

>>>>>>>>