at Boston Celtics Monday March 15 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'March 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hopefully they are just taking every precaution. I read a comment somewhere recently from a guy that had a condition that never got detected until the doctors hooked him up to a heart monitor that he kept with him throughout the day. Some stuff doesn't show up doing a one-time screening.
  2. Brap

Brap Starter

They talked about this last night. This isn't because there IS a problem, it's that they're watching him for diagnostic purposes. Nothing is showing up so far on all the tests he's done at 3 clinics/hospitals. Based on everything they're seeing so far, Stuckey doesn't have a heart problem.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

A lot of good comments today....so let me throw mine in before I get back to work here.

Yeah CJ, it was one of the ESPN announcers that said that Stuckey was on a heart monitor for seven days and they were reviewing the results today?? I was on one last year when I complained about some jerking in the chest area that could not be replicated at the doctors office and since I am considered an old man, they gave me one to wear for a week and found nothing.

With the Wizards, Clippers and Sixers all tanking now I agree with Roscoe that our chances of getting Wall or Turner are just about a tab better than Billups coming back.

We may have a better shot at Kentucky freshman 6/10, 280 lb ~Demarcus Cousins if he decides come out, but we would have to work on his FT too as he shoot about 50% from the FT line.

As far as the other comments. I am thinking if all the rooks had played every game or every other game, they may not have been as good as JJ is, but better off than they are now and really ready to contribute next season so that dead weight like Kwame, Wilcox, Atkins can readily be disposed of. Look how much better Max had become this year playing every game at least 20-25 mins. His playing time was so inconsistent the first 3 years, that he never could get it going.

Also don't think JJ would have ever been as good as he is without Tay going down. If he had been sitting on the bench like Daye for most of the season, he would just be a tad better than Daye. However, give him credit for being better equipped in the beginning of the season to beat out both Daye and Summers for Tay's job

As far as Wilcox and Kwame, these are vets, but when you go 10+ games without even getting any action, I can see you being out of the flow...especially on this team of misdirection. Chucky did his darnedest, but whatever skills he used to or may have had on defense are all gone.

As far as the UCONNed us free agents..that's right they bad, but I think the combo of their injuries along with everyone else's injuries have just decimated this team and even though they show up to work everyday, only a handful of them are going put forth a 100% effort.

Bunch of excuses but I think we should should just write the season off and assume that all three rookies will improve over the summer as long as they work on their game and I expect both the UCon [strike]artists[/strike] men to better when healthy next season. As indicated, we rushed to many players back from injury this season and then expected them to step back in and play 30 minutes and be flawless.
  4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

At this point I'd rather have Tina Charles and Maya Moore with Geno coaching us, than The UConn Artists.
  5. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

The reporter mentioned that last night on ESPN. It's just a precautionary thing... all of his heart tests have come back negative, from three different clinics.

They showed him shooting around before the game and he is expected practice on Thursday with a return to the court not far after. It certainly doesn't look like his basketball career or livelihood are going to be impacted in any way.
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I hope not. I am not the biggest Stuckey fan by any stretch, but this franchise is hooped (pun intended) if he is gone from the league over health issues.