1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

At Boston Dec 19th, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'December 2007' started by Dlev59, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

RESPECT, BABY!!!!!!!!

What a heart-stopper...a flurry of clutch plays to go up 6 late, a string of godawful chokes to let Boston have a chance to win in regulation, but then CB wins it with the veteran craftiness.

Props to CB for a MONSTER 4th quarter, and to Lindsey for sparking a huge run to start the quarter with by far his best stretch of the season. Dice and Sheed were big on the boards when we needed it, JMax and AA played well early in the 4th, and even Tay made up for a horriffic game on offense (1-10 from the floor) with some great D on Pierce (5-16 from the floor).

Pistons D was IMMENSE in the second half...Celtics scored 52 in the first half but only 33 in the second. Part of it was terrible execution on their part, but there was a lot of great D being played. And some of the Celtics' big buckets late were only the result of incredible superstar shots by Ray Allen; plus two of Pierce's five buckets (I think his only two in the second half?) were insanely difficult shots that no one could have stopped.

Aside from the terrifying near-collapse in the last two minutes, this game was won in the 4th quarter with vintage Deeeeee-troit bas-ket-baaaaal...lockdown D, CB getting into the lane and going to the line, plus plenty of hustle and rebounding. The biggest game of the season to this point, BY FAR, and they won it by playing OLD SKOOL! YEAH BABY!

2. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

How Sweet It Is!

3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Whatever, Nice adjustments by Sheed in the 4th qtr, he finally started to give darn.

4. DeetroitDynasty-e

DeetroitDynasty-e First Round Draft Pick

Go Lindsey go! Old man still has some moves. I'm little worried about him hobbling off the court though. Also, it looked like Boston got away with a little more than I would have liked, then again we got a couple lumps too, Chauncey definitely pushed Rondo and stole the ball which was awesome to watch, but surely was a foul. Overall a great win, and i really like AA out there, the kid was cold blooded, pulled one of those patented Chauncey pick and roll fouls with KG playing the foul-man, really impressed to see his quick progress.

5. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I think for now Sheed and Flipper are getting along. Kudos for Flipper for working it out.
    :hoops:

6. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

WHEW!!!!!!!! Got something to have fun with tomorrow with 'Horn.

You guys ought to get in on the fun and listen in on Sirius tomorrow. Channel 127 from 1-4pm eastern

7. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Well, let's not take our starters QUITE that much for granted...CB was slaughtering the Celtics in the 4th, and all the starters were playing outstanding defense. Not to minimize the contributions of Lindsey, JMax, and AA in that last period, but CB's clutch offense and everyone's clutch defense were the primary reasons for this win.

I will give an extra tip of the cap to Lindsey for sparking that big run at a time when the Pistons kept getting within 1 or 2 without being able to get over the hump. They finally did it because he made a string of great plays early in the 4th quarter.

8. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

In chat I was in a forum of experts, realists, and more importantly pessimists. I stated the whole game that even though we trailed and shot a very low percentage from the field that we would win this game and/or be extremely very competitive.

My how things come to pass and I was right the whole time. In any competitve venture when all sides are equal the opponent who wants it more usually is victorious. We had played hard all game although friendly spectators disagree, we gave Boston their 1st L at home the whole season. I really hope that we as the Pistons faithful be faithful in supporting our very talented team. We all know that we have a hinderance in Flip but despite that we have the means to go back to the Finals and win it. Lets stay loyal to our team and support it all the way through. A RARE EXP POST

9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Nah. Tonight, looking at Sheed there are 1 one of 2 things going on:
    1. Sheed is still not totally buying into Fliposophy
    2. Sheed can't bring 100% focus and effort ALL THE TIME!!!!!
    Seriously Joe needs to ponder Sheeds status. There's a HUGE difference between what Sheed CAN do and what Sheed WILL do.

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We won Yeah. Mr big shot was the MVP as he forced 1st qtr terror Rondo to the bench in the 4th and faked Tony Allen out of his shoes to seal the game with the the winning FT's . Give some props to Lindsey Hunter for turning the momentum to the Pistons favor with his pressure defense near the end of the third qtr.

The Pistons managed to turn on the defense after giving up 29 in the first qtr by holding the Celtics to only 56 the rest of the game. (Funny only one block the whole game though.) After jumping to a 7 point lead in the waning minutes, the Pistons offense stalled in the last 2.5 mins and allowed the Celtics to tie the game before the winning FT's

Without the 3 balls in the first half, who knows if the pistons would have been able to climb back in this one. They hit nine to Ray Allens' 3 (and Eddie 3 ball house's one. ) They were nearly flawless at the FT line 20-23

They held Pierce to 5-16 shooting despite Tay sitting out the 2nd qtr (or was it the whole game??:):sssh:) Tay was a cold 1-10 shooting:cold:

The rivalry has begun again and all we did was win round 1. Wonder what the Blue/red map voting is now as it was 49 states to 1 in favor of the C's at halftime.....

The Celtics lead the league in defense giving up 87 points a game and yes they were able to hold the Pistons to 87, but could not score enough to win as the Pistons # 2 defense upheld it's own. Pistons are now 12-2 vs the east (dang those 2 Bulls losses)

11. buddahfan

Sorry I wasn't clear.

It is Flipper that has changed and buying a lot more into Sheed's philosophy than he did the last two years. That is why he is coach Sheed.

12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

You was right.......so what....you wanna cookie or sumthin'......jus kiddin man, GO PISTONS!!!!! And FYI, we're on the same page, I just get frustrated during games because I want to see perfection. After the game I put things in perspective, we just beat a very good team on the road.

13. buddahfan

The Celtics have more losses than us against Eastern Conf teams 3 - 2 and we have done that playing without one of regular rotation guys. Lets see how they do when they go out West.

14. DeetroitDynasty-e

I'll be tuning in

15. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

What a game. I only caught the second half, and it looked like the Pistons were sleepwalking at times.

What is going on with Tay? Some might say he was exhausted from playing defense against Pierce, I don`t buy that. He missed layups, open looks, and his shot looked weak and lethargic. However, his D on Pierce was decent.

Isn`t it amazing how CB can go from the goat to the hero in a matter of seconds, he does that a lot. He knew he had the clear advantage over Rondo and took it to the youngster.

J-Max didn`t let KG slam in his face, much to the suprise of KG I might add; that play ignited a run by Detroit. Sheed was very well behaved for not getting T`d up on that phantom foul on KG. Hubie Brown actually said it wa s a bad camera angle when it clearly showed Sheed didn`t touch KG.

This game showed without a doubt that Boston`s backcourt will be exposed against an experienced backcourt that is well coached.

Just a little more than a couple of weeks and we get the Celtics again, at the Palace this time.

16. buddahfan

Especially if Allen goes down with multiple injuries and the odds are strongly in favor of that happening.

17. DeetroitDynasty-e

It looked like Tay felt like he was being fouled when he took it to the hole a couple times and the no-calls just took him out of the game offensively, he became pensive, and hesitant. Not the first time this has happened...

The phantom foul and Sheed's reaction to it were both incredible, Sheed just walked away despite clearly knowing the truth, that he DID NOT TOUCH KG.

18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

My dad used to always say: "There's a fine line between a hero and an Azwhole"

Soooooooo how does that help us, we got plenty of experience in the backcourt but..........

19. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Just watched the last 5 seconds and Tays D on PP was great as KG tried to set a hard screen. Too bad he doesnt have Mahorn's ass!! Good rebound for Sheed as well.

20. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound: