At Boston Dec 19th, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'December 2007' started by Dlev59, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I knew somebody would catch that!
  2. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Sometimes they are one in the same especially if they are Hollywood people.

:hoops:
  3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

AA should get 20 MPG. He was fantastic. There is no reason for Rip and CB to play heavy minutes with him. The 1st foul against Sheed was as bad as the 5th. That put him back on his heels in my opinion. He played great in the 4th though. Tay was really getting to me in this one. I almost went through the roof when he got blocked by Perkins. Only 38 + minutes for Dysse? Maybe him and Ray Allen can race when they're both cripple in a few months?
  4. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Hell of a game.

Hell of a crowd too. I wish our crowd could get at least half that rowdy.
  5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I love the addition of the countdown! What a cool feature. Thanks Low!
  6. buddahfan

AA is not a point guard and neither is Rip, though he has played it some.

No way to give AA 20 minutes a game. Rip plays a lot better when he gets more minutes like 35 or so.

I can see AA getting 15 or so minutes but no more.
    That should be about the number of minutes that Hot Rod gets once he gets into the flow of things.

7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Rip is capable of defending alot of SF's in the league. You can get AA 5 more mins/game if you play Rip at the sf spot, and sit (no J)Arvis Hayes, when he's off the mark.
  8. buddahfan

You are correct.

AA can also defend the 3, though I think Rip would score okay when playing the 3, whereas AA would probably score less from the 3 than from the 2.

9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Just got home. Glad to see AA did well again. I agree he needs 20 min at least.

Didn't watch the game or read the posts yet, but how the hell did we win w/ Tay going 1 for 10, and Sheed 3-10?!
  10. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

We are deeper than they are, now, and we should get deeper later. Important minutes by Hunter and Afflalo as they exposed their point guard play. But again it was Maxiel's key boards that tilted the balance.

Won' t get too high by this one but we should get better as the season goes on.
  11. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Tay escaped major consequences for 1-10 by holding Pierce to 5-16. Sheed 3-10 was rough, but Rip was 8-11.
  12. buddahfan

Sheed was actually 3 - 5 on threes and 0 - 5 from inside the arc. Maybe he wasn't getting all the calls that he should of. But why would that surprise me.

13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Even more baffling is that sheed and tay were 2 for 14 in the first half and 2 for six in the second half and Tay was the only starter with a +stat. The difference will have to be the bench in the subsequent games as they cannot continue to rely on the big three to win for them... our bench was a +18 to their -15, and outscored them 14 to 5. Hayes was the only negative out there for the Pistons.

The big 3 averaged over 39 mins in this one where our starters were at 37. Flip stuck to the nine man rotation due to the closeness and none of us expected AJ to get any PT.
  14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Like Blaha said, the point guard, and the center, are the two most important positions on a team. Boston is lacking at both positions. Their big three: shooting guard, small forward, power forward.

Billups exploited Rondo in this one going for 28 points. And Billups won it at the end by upfaking Allen, drawing the foul, and making two free throws to put us up 2 with .1 seconds left.

PS, Rondo got loose for 14 points in the first half, getting near the rack way too easily. The Pistons adjusted in the 2nd half, closing his driving lanes, and Rondo went scoreless in the 2nd half.

Late in the game, when Boston needed a bucket, Rondo and Perkins did not come thru. Sheed absolutely stuffed Perkin's attempt inside.

Our starters were not doing so well for the most part. The one thing they had going though was the 3 ball. Rip kept spotting up beyond the arc and kept nailing 'em. Sheed hit a few.

Our bench did very well, save for one player. Hayes continually missed shots in the first half. They were close to going in, but they were not going in. He did not play in the 2nd half.

Hunter came up with several good defensive plays and hit a couple of clutch shots early 4th quarter. His shift ended a bit early after he bumped knees with someone. Good job Hunter.

We took some control of the game with Billups, Afflalo, Tay, JMAX, and Sheed in. This is one excellent defensive unit. Billups was providing the needed scoring. Our starters managed to barely hang on.

Dyess hit a few outside shots, but helped us almost zero as far as getting Boston into any foul trouble. Unlike his last game, he did not do enough work inside. But we needed the points, and he rebounded well.

Let me see. Rip, Billups, Sheed, and Dyess all contributed decent offense for the starters. Tay, no. Four out of five is really all you can ask for.
    Afflalo hit a pull up from about, what, 15 feet maybe, and got to the line and made both free throws.

Amir did not play, as just about everyone predicted. But he could have helped in this one, at small forward in place of Hayes. Considering how bad Hayes did, and we still won, well, I guess I would not worry about Boston too much. (And Stuckey is coming back, and hopefully, Dumars talks Saunders into playing Amir.) The Pistons have a ton of upside yet.

JMAX did not do much in this game other than play solid D. His highlight was an up and under layup on a post move. Nice. Oh, and he got plenty of offensive rebounds. In contrast, our starters had no offensive rebounds in the first quarter as usual, and got out rebounded 10-5.

On youth development. Amir not playing is not right. Not at all. No way. No excuses accepted. (Especially considering Dyess was up to near 40 minutes.) However, Afflalo got some decent minutes in this one, including a good long stretch in the 4th quarter. Afflalo just continues to play excellent basketball, hitting shots when given the chance and playing fantastic D.

GO PISTONS!!!!!
  15. buddahfan

Right now the Celtics are the only team in the league with a better record than us and we just beat them in a road game.

16. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Lee,

Maxiel's stats are deceptive. He got into their bigs so to speak with some key boards that turned the tide. He is doing Ben-like type things on the court most nights as far as rebounding and blocking shots. They held him at bay early but they could not cope with him in his later stint while still handling our other players. His basket was awesome and at a time in the game where it was a real body blow. I actually wanted him in over Dyss at the end.

Agree, I was really impressed with Afflalo too. If he can D it up, he should play and his offense looked pretty good too. Hayes is a puzzle. I can't make up my mind on his game.

The deeper we go against the Celts, the more trouble they will have with us.
  17. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Thanks to the Pistons for proving me wrong.

I'm going all out and say that the Pistons won't win it all this year. (hehe, prove me wrong guys).

Anyway, like I said, Flip has his rotation down. During big games like this one, he's going to have our starters play near 40 minutes and his bench will be JMax, Hunter, Hayes and Afflalo.

Not playing Amir is not an injustice, yet. But it could lead to another quality talent fluorishing somewhere else, if he doesn't get time.

Not too much to complain about.

A win is a win

GO PISTONS! :gun1:
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That was one of those games where after listening to the announcers for a while, I just wanted the Pistons to win at all costs for the sole purpose of shutting them the F up.

So, mission accomplished I guess.

Chauncey- Oh my. Boston fans must hate him. He took advantage of every possible thing he could. Picking up fouls rounding picks. Pump faking. And of course keeping them paranoid by draining shot after shot. On the final play, I knew that his sole intent was going to be to draw a foul. Rivers screwed up by not communicating that possibility to all of his players.

LINDSEY! What a spark. Maybe he just needed a high pressure game with some inexperienced guards to really work his magic. Huge shots from him kept us in it. I like Afflalo paired with him (and not paired with him too I guess).

Sheed- Awesome rebounding, great defense, and tough makes from deep.

I don't really care about anything else this game. This was about beating a rival in a playoff atmosphere to notify the NBA that we are the beast of the East.
  19. buddahfan

If you think that the Celtics fans hate C-Bill wait until you see what Miggy does to the Red Sox in 2008.

20. buddahfan