1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

At Charlotte Bobcats Dec. 13th, 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'December 2008' started by Dlev59, Dec 8, 2008.

1. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

So can we stop blaming everything on Flip?

Please? I know Flip wasn't LB, but Michael Curry isn't even Flip. He's not half of what Flip was. It wasn't Flip's fault we lost last year (although the year before was mostly him)

And Amir will see even more DNPs this season than he did under Flip last year. I guess its just the differences between certain Pistons fans; what some call "masterful" i call borderline moronic. i do appreciate the disparity in perspective though, that's what makes this board great.

now that we have a true moron at the helm, it makes you appreciate Flip in that he was at least solid.

2. copper

copper Bench Warmer

not playing small ball..I hope like its been said here that he is trying different rotations with the small ball lineup to find the best small ball lineup...and once he does? he will start playing the bigs in some semblance of a real rotation. WH does not deserve spin ahead of amir...especially when we are getting outrebounded regularly

3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I think the only realistic big options that are attainable are Sean Williams, Tyrus Thomas (who i would give up Max for and like just for his rebounding alone), etc. I don't know what Kaman's going for, but i don't think we can afford it.

I don't think you can accurately judge it like that. Flip was handed a championship team. The CB trade effectively killed the Flip/MC comparisons that can be made b/c this is a whole different team.

That said i would still take MC and his idiotic rotations. It's better than coasting along waiting to get killed b/c Flip can't make an adjustment to save his life.

MC maybe having some sort of mental problem with the rotation, but you have to give him an A for trying ? I just for the life of me can't understand why no one talks about the rebounding, the press ignores it, the players don't say a word, Curry seems like he could care less.

4. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Amir cant play without fouling, check the stats. Amir is practicing right now and sitting next to MC on the bench.

5. permaximum

permaximum Banned - Sent to NBDL

You must be funny guy huh, aren't you?Pistons won't ever win a championship with this so-called coach and with these common basketball players who think they are the best.First round exit for pistons...

6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

BYnum, Johnson and #1 for someone who aint playing? hell throw in Kwame...

7. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

absolutely, right backatcha xp.

this antithesis-of-a-moral-victory (thanks st8ofmind) was primarily due to lack of effort, concentration, and self-discipline (primarily by the bench), not the bungling of rotations (which doesn't mean I don't think Curry is baffling for running Waltah instead of Amir -- I am baffled and think it's a mistake -- it's just not the mistake that almost cost us THIS game). keep it together people, KIT keep it together. :drillsergeant:

8. explosivity

He has played more this season than all of his other seasons combined.

9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Why don't you believe in space bars at the end of sentences?

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Calling someone a loser is pushing it. Everyone gets a long a lot better if we criticize what they say, and not the person saying it. Which is good for me, because I need to maintain a low stress lifestyle.

Oh great. So you're going to hang out until the end of the season, to say "I TOLD YOU SO!"

Man, you're my dream member here at PF.com. We built the forum just for people like you. The I TOLD YOU SO, PISTONS SUCK crowd.

Looking forward to it. :rolleyes:

11. explosivity

Lmao @ old skool, i mean brutha HQ

12. permaximum

permaximum Banned - Sent to NBDL

Why can't u quote a message right?

13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

i typed "loser quote of the year", not loser of the year.....check the tape LOL

14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Tonight was a win. Albeit an ugly one, there are still people on this forum who want to steal my joy.

Very uncool.

15. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Amir blows. He is nothing more than a energy/ role player. Curry is what he is. A rookie head coach.

16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Hey, 'I" thought it was funny AND stress free.

17. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

This team makes Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde seem consistent

18. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

he's what we have. I don't think much of Amir either but the sheer fact that Walter is taking his minutes is, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

he's still a solid bench player. more than what you can say for Walter.

19. max

max All-Star

Yes he took way too long pulling those bench guys. Bynum, Afflallo, Herman, Maxiel and Dyess I believe was who was in there. How long were they in there for? I think they had closed the gap by 5 when Curry finally made an adjustment. Or was it 7?

20. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i got no special love for curry. i don't truly think he is masterful. when i said that you could just as easily it call it masterful brinksmanship, i was trying to make the point that they actually won the game and since sheed and rip iced it, you could say it was partly won because Curry subbed them back into the game. in other words, if you wanna hang him and call him a moron for putting in herman or bynum or whoever else you think cost us the lead, then give him credit for bringing in the guys who stopped the bleeding and iced the game.

but all that (including what I'm saying) is beside the point. i don't really care too much one way or the other about the debate over Curry and over rotations. I care much more about the quality of the arguments being put forward.

what i'm waiting for is the convincing analysis that can demonstrate to me that the Pistons lost a 29 point lead because of Michael Curry. (NB: asserting is not the same as demonstrating).
    :fishing:

that's right, this is my 700th post -- do i get something roscoe?