at Charlotte Bobcats Monday December 27 7:00 pm

Discussion in 'December 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Just one night after a tough OT loss, the little engines are back... Will the red, blue and white bounce back tonight, making the new look Bobkittens roadkill? Or will new head coach Paul Silas "let the cats out of the bag", catching the Pistons off-guard after a rough throwdown in Motown...

A pretty early writeup for me... gotta meet my production company and visit Tom in the hospital. I'll see y'all later at the PF.com chat.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

4. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Any chatters on tonight? The Stuckey vs. Augustin battle is heating up... well worth the price of admission.
  5. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Stuckey could not be playing any worse if he tried to.

I almost think he is blatantly tanking tonight. Hard to explain how he can be playing this poorly.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Still in Vegas watching the game on LP broadband....23-2 run by the BC to open the 2nd qtr!!!!

Low I was going to text you earlier to join me to watch it at the Luxor Sports Book...nevermind....
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Valiant comeback by the Pistons after being down by as many as 23 in the second qtr as the Pistons trimmed the lead down to 100-99, before finally running out of gas.

A block on Bynum by Thomas and the two three point misses by Gordon in the last 30 seconds did not fall the Pistons way so that second qtr meltdown did them in.

CV was hot hitting 5-5 from beyond the arc but did not have his number called or was open to try the three in the end.

Nice game by Wilcox too, but not sure what Stuck was doing out there?

The Bobcats blocked 13 Pistons shots with Bynum being victimized 3 times and the our perennial blockees, Monroe and Stuckey being blocked twice.
  8. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

Sad Night.. Lose against a Team without the star (Gerard Wallace) and without the Coach (Larry Brown) ..
  9. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

coach Q: damned if you do, damned if you do not.

whatever rotation are used - it does not matter - because it is impossible to predict who is off tonight, who is on.

CV had a bad night vs chicago, today he was good, rip and BG - on, off, on off - impssible to predict who deserves more minutes tonight.

add roster imbalance - totally out of control for coach - it makes things from stability perspective only worse. Q has tried to find minutes to everyone, Q has tried to shorten the roster. Q has benched starters, has promoted bench players - nothing has worked so far.

And save me from "but cood coach, you know..." rant.

what? calls it a season and playes monroe and daye til death?? haha.

there is no "ready for use " solutions. Never has been. That is a huge fanmyth. So prevalent everywhere.
  10. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Look at the Hornets, how sad a team could go in a three weeks span where they turn from a 14-7 team to 18-13, won only 4 of 10 games since dated Dec.06 which they were taken-over. Like the Pistons, with so many uncertainty up in there, can't say they are weakened mentally but definitely inconsistent mentality.
  11. Brap

Brap Starter

I don't even want to know what happened to this "team" tonight.

I watched Stuckey being pissed off last night - one of the coaches talking to him, trying to get him to buy into him being on the floor standing around while McGrady ran the offense (is how I interpreted the exchange in the 4th quarter with Stuckey). And tonight, while I didn't see a minute of the game, I look at the box score and just want to barf. Stuckey had gawd awful stats - it was as if he was just an afterthought for the team or he didn't give a %%%% or both. (Again that's just an uniformed interpretation by moi).

This movement away from the young talent on the team towards relying on for crap (for this team) veterans like Rip, Tay, - never playing Daye or Summers, taking the ball out of Stuckey's hands, is about as stupid as it gets. No - it's worse than stupid, it's negligent and it's killing our ability to develop a young core group.

Stuckey is getting to the point where he's just going to move on next season. Either he'll never resign with this crappily run team, or this crappily run team will foolishly just let him go. This kid is being handled really badly right now.
  12. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Stuckey has to grow balls. he wanted leadership, keys were handed to him at the start of the season and....he whines???

as for playing summers and daye - earn your minutes.
  13. pgrnpacer

pgrnpacer First Round Draft Pick

If Rondo can take leadership with 3 hall of famers on his starting unit then Stuckey should be able to take leadership with one potential hall of famer on our starting unit (big ben if he is lucky). I hope we don't resign him. He is not the answer and is taking minutes from those who might have potential to be that guy. Bynum isn't the answer either but I don't want Stuckey taking shots that Daye, JJ, Gordon, CV, and Summers could be taking. Moving on.
  14. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

from where should Pistons look for possible replacement for stuckey? Try lady luck with 2nd round draft? ( high 1st round pick is reserved for big man, I'm sure)

trades? nobody wants to give away young PGs unless they get something back ( a hint -not veteran players)

Ok there is a chance that somebody is unsatisfied with his role in team ( eg Kyle lowry demands a trade) but do not count on it.

I'm sure we do not see contract extnsion talk with stuckey before new CBA.
  15. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

People like to have star players grow on their porch for them to pick.
    If Stuckey's disappointed lots of fans, blame Joe who set Sandbag Stuckey on this hot seat without looking into his crystal ball beforehand, oh my bad, crystal basketball.
    Would someone please teach me what does "chattel principle" mean ?
  16. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Pistons are closing in on the 6th pick. At least, CV looks like a keeper. That is the good news.

The Pistons can either draft a good big or get a franchise player, regardless of position, maybe a top guard and trade away current players to make a fit. If it is the latter scenario, then the Stuckey experiment would be curtailed.

The trick is to trade Tay and Rip, without getting better too quickly and then lose draft position.
  17. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Three guards for most of the fourth and Prince, who had played really well, didn't get in until 28 seconds left in the game. Stinky.
  18. max

max All-Star

10-22 sheez. Starting to think the season may be alright afterall when it was 10-19 and the Bulls game went into OT. Could be 12-19 with this easy road game we just lost. But nope - 10-22.
  19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

WRONG! Darryl Walker was yelling at him to go GET THE BALL, YOU'RE THE POINT GUARD!!!

Yet, you form an opinion on what happened in the game, an opinion that lays all the blame at the feet of everyone except Rodney Stuckey.

His stats are a reflection on how badly he played last night. He stunk up the joint, to be fair so did Gordon, Wallace and Maxiel.

I want the young guys to play and get experience too, but they haven't done the things necessary to beat a vet out for playing time, and that troubles me, AUstin Daye couldn't beat out a crippled T-Mac earlier this season???? Our guys are just future role players, they're not stars who are going to lead us into the playoffs one day.

No he isn't. The only way he is being handled badly is because he's our starting PG when he should be coming off the bench. He's a combo guard who will ALWAYS put up decent numbers on bad teams. TRADE HIM NOW! because I sure as heck wouldn't offer him the $45-$50 million contract extension his agent is going to be seeking.
  20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

A couple more things to ponder folks.

1. There is no franchise PF/C coming out in this years draft. The best big man is probably Jared Sullinger of Ohio STate and he's about 6'8".

2. The best PG, Kyrie Irving of Duke is still out with an injured toe and may miss the rest of the season, so he might stay at Duke for his sophomore season as a result.

3. We gotta trade Rodney Stuckey, no way I'd extend this guy for the kind of money he's going to be asking for as the team leader in PPG and ast's per game. Send him packing for a pick, or package him with Rip or Gordon and get some Capp Spayce. I 'm not sure that Ben Gordon will ever fit in here and be able to play up to his potential even if we trade Rip, not to mention him being an undersized SG makes finding a back court mate for him difficult.