1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

At Chicago Bulls Feb. 10th, 8:30 PM

Discussion in 'February 2009' started by Dlev59, Feb 5, 2009.

1. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

But isn't MC expecting a lot more from Amir and Maxi to justify their PT?

MC knows what sheed and dice can/can't do; but in case of amir/maxi MC is not satisfied with "standstill standards for vets", have you thought in this way?

:eyebrows:, or what?

2. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Man, I wanna slap Curry with a newspaper saying good things of Amir or something.

3. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

+9 vs. -9 seems pretty significant to me??? What does it have to be 20 to 1???

I guess your question is valid and that is the one we are all trying to figure out. What is the reason they are not seeing more playing time and if his reasoning is because they weren't rebounding (and TaS just showed they performed better then the guys he was playing instead of them) then it begs the question; WHOSE GAME WAS HE WATCHING WHILE SITTING ON OUR BENCH??? Obviously it wasn't his own and that is the feeling I am getting the more I watch.

He almost sits there more like a fan and "watches" instead of thinking ahead, strategizing and "coaching".

4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

See i don't buy that. Everything Curry asked of Amir in the beginning and throughout the season he's done. He's even waxed poetic on all his greatness earlier this year. And then inexplicably changes his mind (and the line-up) based on his mood and probably the random voices in his head that are telling him who to play.

Curry set out his expectations for Amir, and Amir has filled them yet he jerks him around and constantly comes up with new reasons to justify the losing. He's just panicking at this point b/c of the team record, and he doesn't want to blame the "vets" so he's looking for excuses.

5. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

your response is pretty weak, it is based on personal prejudices and hatred. For you amir's perfomances may be good but not MC who has trained this boy from "infancy" and surely knows where amir's potential is.
    neither Flip or MC have been forgiving to rookies and I think this is the right way. Sportsman's career is very limited and therefore (very) intense and if you can't handle this, find to yourself a new job.

Both Flip and MC have said that they try to find for rookies favourable machup and if even under those circumstances rookies cannot play in expected level( for coaches, not for fans!), coaches have no reason to be gentle towards noobs.

:director::bump2::boxing::starwars:

6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

But i'm not referring to my evaluation of Amir's performance. I'm talking about what Curry specifically stated he wanted out of Amir; use his speed to cover the pick and roll, play defense, and don't worry about offense. In fact it's Curry who said Amir's impact will never be measured by stats when questioned about his rebounding among other things. He also then praised him for specific things and repeatedly said how he was executing the game plan and staying within himself, doing everything the coaches ask of him, etc. This is not based on my "personal predjudices or hatred".

Curry said one thing all season and now that we are losing all of a sudden Amir is not playing well enough, and he needs to put up rebounding numbers to have an impact.

So it would seem to me that Curry is having some sort of a schizpophrenic episode, b/c he's contradicting himself not us fans.

7. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Maybe MC saw games vs Atlanta and Chitown very favourable to Amir's skills but for coach Amir underperformed and that is it. But Amir still played 15-20 min and those are normal minutes for him.

PISTONS: Joe Dumars Q&A - Part I

Even Joe Dumars who is known of being very careful of wording, says directly that he is expecting from amir a lot more.