At Cleveland April 21 8PM Round 1 Game 2

Discussion in '2009 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 20, 2009.

1. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

That LeBron was even in the game , broke all OldSkool codes about returning starters during garbage time.

No Way should any of our starters start In Game 3...and if the bench gets behind by 20 let THEm(Rip Tay Sheed Butler and Dice) see what it feels like to clean up the spills.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

TNT showed two interviews from Amir and Bynum saying that "we are to talented to get beat like this..at least on paper." "we have to step up"

Like Barkley said the two who lead the charge in the 4th were speaking up, but the starters who have sucked did not provide any sound bites because they have already packed it up and are ready to go fishing:fish2:
  3. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Yeah man that's sad. I'm glad that they have the fire and will to win. Hell lets give them more minutes then...I'm not on the Amir HOF bandwagon, but with the way Sheed, Dyess and Tay have played, play him. He wants it way more than any of those three. I do think that the Cavs packed it up after the 3rd, but our bench was playing real hard too. If our starters come out lackluster again Curry should just pull them for players who actually want to play becuase it's pathetic to see Tay get 2 points in a game and go 1-5. Same with Sheed and Dyess..you can tell Sheed is ready to go home. He has no fight in him this series. I would rather lose to these clowns with players who actually want to win rather than see the starters out there going through the motions.
  4. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

....that's all we sayin!!!! cmon, Pistons.....dignity!
  5. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

I'm in awe of our starters.

How is it even remotely possible that professional basketball players don't give (bleep) or even attempt to attack the opposing team?

(bleep) them all. Embarrassed to call this sorry sack of (bleep) my favorite team. Trade them all or just let them walk. These guys don't work hard; they just pathetically play the part of working hard, and that included the Pistons Billups as well. You can't POSSIBLY tell me that those guys aren't just out there collecting a paycheck and waiting to go fishing or whatever the hell these losers do in the summer... Screw Cryverson and the all bark no bite Rasheed Wallace, let them walk. Rip is the Malcontent, Tayshaun the (bleep).

Curry's just as pathetic of a leader as he was a player. This is your (bleeping team).
  6. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

Well i hope during the summer Joe will look at the players that play(ed) with heart, keep them and dish the rest.
    I rather loose with scrubs playing hard then with big names (Sheed, RIp, Tay) playing without care and effort.

Ofcourse our second unit played against Cav's second unit when they made their comeback, but still i think the effort and hard work is what counts most.
  7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Now tell us how you BLEEPIN really feel, TPA?:pound:

countdown ...2 to go
  8. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Cavs shot 11 free throws after Brown put his starters back into the game in the 4th - only two by LBJ, seven from the guards. Knock Lebron down a couple of times and he becomes a very willing passer. Once the foul parade got going Bynum and the bench couldn't play the running game they'd had going most of the period. Take that away and Bynum starts to look like a very flawed player.

Rip comes in, can't guard anyone, and commits two fouls while shooting 0-3. Dyess at least scratches, 1-3 with four boards.

Sad to say, but Max's pick was the best play of the game. That was Rulandesque.
  9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, I pretty much feel that way too. I'm ready for a whole new look. Even if it means struggling and missing the playoffs a couple years. I want to see a hungry team.
  10. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

I beleive our bench held thier own when the Cavs starters came back in for the next 2 minutes. When Curry subbed out our defensive team, the Cavs got going nd didn't look back. We had them flustered and let them back in it.

When we had our scrambling unit out there you didn't see any Cavs running back down court "flaps down". We were quick enough to cut them off and contest their shots.

Bron running back down the court yelling at the official and pointing to his eyes after Amir cut him off and forced him to step out of bounds on the sideline was classic.

We need to mix in the scrambling defense of Amir, Afflalo and Max if we are going to win a game. Our whole defensive intensity ratchets up when Amir enters the game. That hard foul on Bron is what we need to have. Make him think about going in the lane the next time.
  11. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

here's the reality: our frontcourt not only isn't good enough, but they are too slow, too old, too injured, and too insouciant. dice has the heart but he's worn down...varejao does everything dice does (minus the jumper) and he simply has the youth and athleticism to do it better. i've never seen a team miss so many jumpers in my life.

tayshaun wasn't even guarding lebron and he still ends up with just 2 points? why is he even on the court?

sure stuckey was only 5/15 and took more jumpers when he should've drove to the basket, but he still ended up with 6 assists to 2 turnovers and shot 4 FTs in only 3 quarters of play. he is clearly hampered by the fact that we have NO finishers down low. there's no one to dish it off to! i'm actually pleased with how he's playing.

curry may not be a good coach but i don't place a whole lot of blame on him...wtf is he supposed to do when his veterans don't even care? he's been dealt a raw deal all year, and he certainly hasn't helped, but it doesn't matter if we had the best coach in the world...we'd still be losing this series.

kudos to the bench unit who got valuable playoff experience and thrived. kudos to max for that pick. and to amir for showing some heart...i didn't know he had it in him. the hard fouls and shove (aka playoff basketball) made me gain a little respect. i still think he's vastly overrated by members in this forum but i like the way he played last night.

the 4th quarter exposed the only way we have a chance against cleveland. they have become the superior half-court team, so we have to speed it up as much as possible. we could do the whole sheed/dice/tay/rip/stuckey thing if they actually executed in the half-court offense and exerted *some* energy on D, but that's clearly not happening. we need all of our quick guys who can rotate and close out on their shooters like you saw in the 4th. the problem is we did that against their scrubs while they had a 29-point lead, so it wasn't as meaningful. but really that's our only chance.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That pick was pretty hard.
  13. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

Moral victory.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The King was amused by our lineup experimentation. I wonder if this is what MC had in mind when he sent out that smoke screen yesterday.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Seems logical.
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

One more quote from a Cleveland newspaper:

They didn't stop dancing to acknowledge the guy getting the COY award? Seems rude. Maybe they were protesting because they thought MC was more deserving.
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

How young and athletic are Z, Joe Smith and Ben with his broken leg? As has been the case the last 4 years, the Pistons players are being guarded 1 on 1. Varejao et al are getting open lanes to the glass because DET has to focus so much on stopping a wing from getting inside.

To me, the series would still be 2-0 Cavs if you switched the bigs on each team.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

What if you switched the bigs and Lebron though? I bet we could have got the split.
  19. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Absolutely. He could really free Rip up on some screens.
  20. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

They were too busy celebrating only 3 more games until they don't have to look at Curry again.