at Dallas Mavericks Tuesday January 5 8:30 pm

Discussion in 'January 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

30 minutes!!!! How many teams count on their 23 yr old franchise guards to play those type of minutes?
  2. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Amara Sy Warrior. I can see you're already disrespecting him. Give the kid a chance. He just wants to play.
  3. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Are you saying it's his fault that we're not winning games?
  4. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I'm saying it's Joe's fault for making Stuckey the PG.
  5. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I think he's saying that Stuckey will be able to score at will against these two teams, but it won't matter because both teams are too good for us to beat on the road.
  6. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

We would lose if Joe Dumars were starting with Stuckey today IN HIS PRIME...
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

8. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I agree. He's definitely a shooting guard.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We made 33 two point baskets
    They made 33 two point baskets

We made 5 three pointers
    They made 5 three pointers

We attempted 20 free throws
    They attempted 18 free throws
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No moral victories here as the Pistons did have a 14 pt lead midway thru the second qtr before settling for a six pt half time lead and then losing by 5.

CV helped push that lead to 14 with 4 three pointers in the 2nd and some bad shooting by the Mavs. In chat the question was asked as to when was the last time the Pistons had a 14 pt lead and I asked when was the last time they had blown one. The Pistons had three chances to push the lead up to 20 but took unnecessary jump shots after they got the big lead and an outlet pass to CV was thrown long when he had an almost certain layup or dunk. Instead the Mavs came down and hit 2 straight threes and that dropped the lead to 8 and it was only a matter of time that the Mavs would overcome their deficit.

The Mavs scored 62 pts in the second half after only putting up 36 in the first half. Both Jason Terry and Dirk Nowitski were deadly in the second half

Nice feeds from Rip to Wilcox in the first qtr that got weezy going. Rip and Tay seem to play better in this game, but still not sure why a guy recovering from a ruptured disc is playing 39 minutes and still has a game to play the next day?? Meanwhile first round pick Austin Daye didn't even have to shower tonight and neither did Max or Kwame since none of the three saw any court action..

Any body got the stats on when is the last time the Pistons lost 10 in a row??
  11. LA Dre

The difference was that we missed 8 FT and they missed only 1.:yellowprison:
  12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

A good loss
  13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

:granade:
  14. max

max All-Star

At least 1994.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

There are 76 shooting guards in the NBA that shoot a higher percentage from 3-point range than Stuckey does.

I'm not sure he fits that mold any better than the PG mold.

Not a good call at the end of the game to run a play for an 18.2% 3-point shooter to take the game tying shot. If we would have gone to Kwame Brown and his 12.5% average, it would have seemed ridiculous, but not been much worse. Stuckey was WIDE open (for good reason) and barely grazed the back of the rim.
  16. LA Dre

Big Ben was on the floor too which means if he had been out near the arc and wide open, maybe he would have taken the shot it too.:sssh:

If you know you needed a three, leave Ben on the bench and put Daye and CV out there that way all of your three point threats were on the floor instead of two and half Mavs covering Gordon...

You have to wonder what kind of input the assistant coaches are giving coach Q?
  17. max

max All-Star

Thats the thing about these life long assistants. You either get a gem just waiting for a chance or that guy who was passed over all those years for a reason.
  18. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

Bad chocie from Kuester..

BUT.. I think that Kwame will play tomorrow.. and also Maxiell and that is why Kuester didn't give them minutes.

Too bad.. 10 in a row.. I can't even think about it or i'll kill myself.. :(
  19. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I also think this 10 game slide is in direct correlation to KB Toys being benched for Wilcox.
  20. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Wade shot 17.1% from 3 his third year in the league. Don't think shooting a bunch of three is absolutely necessary to be a SG. The problem is Rodney NEVER takes them in the flow of the game. I would be willing to bet he hasn't taken more than 5-6 where the shot clock wasn't below ~3. If he at least took 1 or 2 per game I would maybe feel better about him getting that shot (even if he weren't making a great percentage). But to come in and shoot a shot that you NEVER take in a game is pretty low percentage.

Really though, coach Q needs to make sure Rodney is involved early in games. Too often lately he's just dishing off early in the clock, and maybe getting it back late in the clock for a desperation shot. When we were winning he was coming off-screens and cutting into the lane right on the touch. Or Big Ben was hitting him on back-door cuts. Are you telling me Gordon couldn't hit him coming of the screen like Chucky was?

CV drives me absolutely insane, but he should have been in there for that last shot. Hell, get Daye in there as well. He'd be a good under-the-radar guy to put out there who may not get much attention from the D.