At Golden State Nov. 13th, 10;30 PM

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by Dlev59, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

It said Tay was crying as well, although it doesn't seem to have affected him on the court.

To Rip's credit, although he was bad in the first half last night, he got it together and played much better in the second half when it really mattered.

2. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

so...there's 2 games in a row i was worried and thought we'd lose, but pulled it out. the games were exciting. we went on runs akin to college basketball. there were opportunities to yell at the tv in frustration. there were opportunities to punch your fist in the air in celebration. forget minutes, rotations, whatever...these were fun to watch.

that being said, it's a little disconcerting to see the way minutes are being distributed, but as i said before we've gotta get AI acclimated with the starters, and stuckey's been out. if this goes on like this all season that won't be good.

we finally saw some limitations of bynum, in that he has trouble against a zone defense...his jumper doesn't have to be respected and it's more difficult to get in the lane and penetrate. when we have lineups going so small, and AI/Bynum on the floor at the same time, you can see why stuckey is needed.

kwame was awful at getting back on the pick-and-roll, and biedrins isn't *that* fast. it won't hurt as much against like shaq/duncan/etc., but he better shore that D up if he wants to stay in the starting lineup.

3. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I have read some posters talking about the importance of getting McDyess back. If we're counting on Dyess as our savior, we're in trouble. He'll give us more offense but he'll be abused on defense.

I heard Cedric Maxwell talking about Dyess being a post presence during the Celts-Pistons game. Which Detroit team has he been watching? The easy answer is this: None of them. Dyess does not post up consistently. Kinda like Sheed.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I went looking for this. Can someone link me please?

5. roscoe36

It's his toughness and rebounding we miss. That he is not a liability on the break, from 15 feet or the stripe is a tremendous bonus. He's better than Amir, Max and KB all rolled into one.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

To quote myself here, take a look at Cowens (in the light brown suit) in Mik's piks...in the second one he is staring at the behind of a Warrior girl, in picture # 4 he is asking Afllolo did he check her our during the last time out (while MC, Walker and Pope are talking to Bynum). In picture # 6, while Curry, Pope and Walker are setting up the next play he is standing in the back wondering if the Laker girls will look as good as the Warrior girls:love:

He is a HOFmer, so I give him the benefit of doubt that he is contributing, but how about helping out with teaching some defense in the paint!!! After all he was on the NBA All defensive first team in 1976! Even in the pregame warmups he seem to be out there shaking hands with fans while the other coaches were working out with the players.....well guess since he coached at Golden State once all the old beatwriters were chatting with him...

7. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Down big early, Pistons come back for road win | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press
    Now, here's the magic word. I don't think I've heard it for the past 3 years.

8. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

9. raw36

raw36 First Round Draft Pick Forum Donor

10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What kind of photo-editing software do you use? We just got my wife a Canon XSi Rebel a few weeks ago, she loves it. I was going to get her Photoshop Elements, since she tried out the trial version and liked it, and we think CS3 is way beyond her needs right now. But a guy at the local student computer store recommended Adobe Lightroom. Heard of that? A photo thread would be interesting. I'm not sure how to post pictures on here,but it would be fun to try.

Don't forget about us here in the Det Mountain West! And of course there's Det Spudland... :MusicBigGrin:

Agreed. You would not have seen so many frustrating offensive putbacks by GS with Dice in the game.

11. roscoe36

Thanks fellas.

If you ever want to post a link, just paste the URL. The forum automatically makes it a link.

12. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Yeah, in Boston series he was the only who muscled inside, and rebounded; meanwhile sheed was scared away behind to 3 pt arc.

W/o Dice pistons looks so undersized.

13. mikhail1973

I am not using any software at this time. Just don't have time. Trying to take good pictures so that I don't have to play with them especially since there are too many of them. As far as thread, I was thinking more of a discussion about the camera equipment, pointers as far as shooting, editing, etc.

If you want to post a pic, just scroll down when you are posting a message and hit "Browse..." in the ImageShack section. After that choose what image you'd like to post and hit "host it!". It will open imageshack page. After the image is uploaded, find a link for the forums and copy it over into your post. That's all there's to it.
    :victory:

14. coynejeremy

What is the ImageShack section?

15. roscoe36

16. coynejeremy

17. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Dangit mikhail1973,

You actually look like a pretty nice guy....Now I can't be a jerk to you if you call the podcast....:stirthepot:

18. mikhail1973

Hey, Low. It's all good. I can take it, especially since I know that this is not personal.
    :good: