At Houston Rockets March 18th, 9:30 PM

Discussion in 'March 2009' started by Dlev59, Mar 15, 2009.

1. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Could have been. I don't remember it that way, but maybe I was too busy shouting NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when the ball went to Herrmann to see everything else straight.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I don't blame Herrmann at all. His job should have been to spread the floor by standing outside the 3-point line, which he did. When the ball was passed to him, he should have immediately shot it, which he did. Not a bad look.

The problem was that we needed 1 point to win the game. Stuckey driving is as good as it gets when that's what you need. But Stuck must have felt that he was running into a brick wall though, and so he gave up on that strategy. MC probably told him afterward that he should have welcomed the contact.

These are the kind of situations that make a guy like Stuckey better. He's gotta go through these battles when he is the man. Even MJ, Kobe, Lebron, and Mr. Big Shot had to go through situations like this before they were capable of handling them properly.

Stuck did have a great drive to put it into double OT though.

3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Curry was busy checking things off the Things Bad Coaches Do checklist in the 4th.

He put Afflalo in with 1:45 left after sitting the whole quarter I think.

Then he goes to Herrrrrman who's ice cold.

How about the total confusion about wether they should call a timeout immediately after getting the ball back with 9+ seconds left? They hem and haw and AA stammers up the court before a TO is called with 5.4 left. Was Curry whispering his instructions?

I could see the awkwardness looming when he had Bynum out to start the 4th. With a little luck Bynum could play real well for 8-9 minutes but be too tired to play the whole quarter which would let him bring in a cold player or crunch time.

I am not a Curry can't do anything right member, but in close games like this his inexperience shines through.

4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i'm not going to blame everything on curry. we were on the road against the #3 west seed with a depleted team on a back-to-back. this team has fought hard every game for the past few weeks and i'm really enjoying watching it. kwame is stepping up with the boards, so is dice, AA is making his case for serious playing time and to push herrmann outta the rotation, bynum is gaining confidence, stuckey is getting late-game experience, etc.

did stuckey make a lot of bad shots? sure...but he still went for them. that one drive toward the end of regulation was awful, but he made up for it with 2 sick drives to score 4 straight points. if that helps him learn when to pick his spots and keeps him aggressive, i'm cool with that. and sure he hasn't hit many shots, but in the last two games he has 17 assists to 2 turnovers. i'll take that any day.

i had a blast watching this game if nothing else. was it a moronic decision to put an ice-cold herrmann in? perhaps...although he almost hit the shot. but yeah only down 2 i would've had bynum out there instead. oh well...hopefully curry learns from that.

5. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

please, posters, stop this blaming MC for ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING. He is not absolute dictator, controlling everything. Players play, and they have to make decisions, many of called plays won't succeed anyway, in NBA in crunch time everyone relies on individual skills on iso plays. Simple as that.

When you treat MC as master of puppets then it means that players are mindless zombies and that perception is serious slap to players face.

Have you thought in this way? , of course you have not. :doh:

you're making same mistake as during flip era, and trade revealed that it was billups not coach who had the biggest influence on this team.

All those "great" coaches rely extremely heavily on superstar players, w/o those all those "Pops, Zenmasters" looked like average coaches at best. There are plenty of proof for this claim.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

There were at least three or four Rip Hamilton UCONN NCAA winning highlights too, to remind us who else was missing from our lineup....

7. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I couldn't believe that either. Especially when Afflalo was 3/4 from the 3pt line at that point in the game.

8. Walter

One thing I didn't get is there was a 4-5 minute stretch in the 4th where the offense was Tay taking Artest 1-on-1. It was obvious by that time that Artest had Tay locked down and Tay was tired. Why force the issue?

The other thing that was really telling (and sad) was the interview Curry gave before the start of the 3rd. Cox asked him if the team was missing Rip's production (btw, what a dumbass question). Curry said the team really needed Rip. But he also made a point of mentioning Sheed is being missed too. No mention of AI though.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but as the coach he should've been more tactful. If I'm AI and I'm watching the game, what am I supposed to think? Yeah yeah, I know. These guys are pros, they're millionaires, they should just suck it up, who cares about their feelings etc etc. But, the Pistons are handling the AI situation in a really really unprofessional manner.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That was insanity. That would have been the play that we would have run if Adelman was allowed to call our plays for us.

10. Ernie the Slow Adult

If it makes you feel any better I doubt AI watches the games in the first place.

11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

You don't think he signed up for League Pass at all of his houses? It's possible that he could have gone to a local sports bar and requested that they turn it on for him. But sitting there to watch it would have brutal on the back. Also, the stress from watching the team that he loves so dearly try to hang on without him could also be detrimental.

12. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Ernie, Ernie...this is way above your pay-grade.

13. Ernie the Slow Adult

No doubt...........:redface:

14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

When Curry called the time out; AA said "but they haven't set up their defense yet"
    :idea:

This play is still annoying me.

15. Walter

I'm there with you. Curry got out-coached by Afflalo there.