At LA Lakers Nov. 14th, 10:30 PM

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by Dlev59, Nov 9, 2008.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Agreed. But Amir has gotten the mins that he's earned over the last few games. He really does need to get stronger, I'm not sure if in terms of Amir it's a developmental issue, or an issue of whether or not he's good enough. He's an enigma for me right now. I will say this though (to your credit) starting Amir has not actually LOST us a single game, if we can continue to play him and still rack up W's as he "develops "...hey let 'em roll.

2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Past experience as in AI's ability to play team ball and to make his teammates better. There's no point in arguing about it. You have your views. I have mine. Luckily, we got the win.

3. CStheGreat

CStheGreat Second Round Draft Pick

All I can say is that I'm ecstatic that we got this win. Living in Southern California, I'm constantly surrounded by a bunch of Lakers fans and what not. Before the game, the local radio station guy on 570AM was going on and on about how the Pistons wouldn't have "the answer" for the Lakers tonight and we proved them wrong. Hands down, this is one of the best games I've seen a team play. We controlled the pace and the shot was falling.

I was so impressed with our one on one defense tonight. Sheed, Tay, and especially Afflalo did amazing jobs covering their assignment. Other than getting demolished in the paint/on boards, we had an almost flawless game. RIP continues to struggle a bit but he is showing signs of greatness.

Tayshaun Prince is EASILY a Top 10 overall player in this league. He is also one of the most underrated players I've ever watched. He is an incredibly versatile player....he's quick, has long arms, amazing defender, great decision maker, high basketball IQ, can shoot the ball at a high percentage from almost anywhere on the floor, relentless, fearless....the list goes on and on. He is hands down the best player on the team. Remember that play on the fast break or whatever it was where he missed a layup, got the rebound, tried again, missed, fought with about 3 Lakers players for the rebound, tipped it back in. So much heart.....unbelievable.

Sheed, Maxiell, Stuckey and the rest also had great games. AI did some real damage out there tonight. His shot looked good, he penetrated on almost every possession and really kept the D honest out there. I'm still surprised Rip is struggling. AI got him some good looks tonight but his shot was still a little off...In time...

Can't wait to watch the game on Sunday. Hopefully the guys can get some rest tomorrow, they really need it!

4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Brown, Pistons hand Lakers their first loss | The Detroit News | detnews.com

Hopefully nothing;

5. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

what a nice way to start my day.

the guys have said most of it. i only have few more comments.
    we did not own the paint, but shots were falling because we attached the paint. most of the Jump shots where wide open shots because Pistons broke LA deffence.

When a team is rolling, even more difficult shots will start falling, Sheed's 3 is an example, but sheed was enjoying his game. This is when impossible shots become easy ones.

AI is a liablility when one on one defending others, but he definitely makes it up with his quick hands, and as Lee mentioned, he created those steels. one was right from Kobe's hands.

Rip, was not wow, but as any other all star, he managed over 10 points. I would take this any night. He was ok on D.
    Sooner or later, his shots will start to fall.
    Tay's shots are falling, but as mentioned, most of them are wide open. Thanks to AI's speed.

KB was a beast, blocking Pau's shot!!! getting an offensive charge from Pau!!! a double double against lakers is more than i would have expected.

AA is the man on defense... nothing much to say.

Good win, looking forward sunday's win.

6. CStheGreat

CStheGreat Second Round Draft Pick

I think we are getting ahead of ourselves. Every team is an NBA team and no game is guaranteed. We could easily drop the game on Sunday. Let's hope we come out playing the way we did tonight.

7. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

Agree, it's just one game. Sunday KB could be his old true self again and then what?
    This game shows what kind of team the Pistons can be and hopefully will be the next coming months. I don't think Curry has completely figured out the rotations anyway, and especially if Dice decides to come back it will change again. (which can change the look/outcome of any game)
    Nov 20th we will see what happens in the Boston game and if the Pistons show any improvement regarding the last Boston game.

Still i must say that looking at the last 3 games it seems that the Pistons are starting to jelly together.

8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

YouTube - Pistons block party against the Lakers 11/16/07

IMO he should have played in the 2nd when we were getting killed on the boards. I'm not concerned yet.

9. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I have two letters AI. This was a definitive game last night. The little guy is all over the place, knocking down shots, taking it to the hole, pick pocketing the other teams ball handlers, playing team defense and flat out relentless on each play.

I too think that the team is beginning to jel nicely, now only if we can get Rip off the pity pot and put his head back in the game.

Hopefully Kwame will use the film highlights of this game as a blueprint of how to play the right way every game that he plays for the rest of the season.

10. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Rip needs to get it together or he may find himself on the outside looking in meaning he might end up coming off the bench.

11. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Let's see...Fewer point in the Paint, Loads of Jumpers, Starters getting many minutes, Amir GLUED to the bench...Did we really change coaches?? Only changes I see are adding AI, and Prince deciding to play at his talent level. Those two things really make a difference with this bunch. Very happy to see the team winning. Still waiting to see how they fare against Cleveland And Boston this season.

12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

"We've been able to get a couple of practices and our execution is getting better at both ends," Iverson said. "We've got a couple of games in now and we are starting to catch a little rhythm. We are only going to get better."

Nice video. And I agree. Never let them see you sweat. :)

13. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I hope I am wrong. Rip is going to be a problem. I think he feels punked by joe. Signing the extension and then chauncey getting traded. He looks unhappy. I think he will be the next to go. He needs to grow a couple. Joe should have broken up the core a year ago. He waited too long.

I like this team. More exciting and not offensively challenged.

14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Afflalo has passed everyone, including Amir, as statiscally the most important player on our team. But Amir is right there with Prince and Sheed. Regardless of what people "think" about Amir, and any particular ability he has or does not have, we have been playing winning basketball with him on the court.

You say Amir has not earned minutes of late. Why? None of our other bigs are nearly as effective as Amir in getting back and stopping a fast break, rotating defensively, or getting out ahead on our fast breaks. These are things he does that make us win games. Things he does very consistently.

15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

One thing I would correct in your post, if you don't mind. Tay was creating a lot of his shots off the dribble in this game, either getting to the hoop, or pulling up after shaking his guy. Very impressive stuff. Yes, he also benefitted from a few outside shots where our inside play set him up.

16. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I noticed there weren't a lot of comments about our lack of posting up (save Nemo's) as there always are when we lose. Well, if you're not going to post up, you have to roll to the hoop and Kwame and Sheed did that. Good on them.

I worry about this furious pace they're trying to keep up. Can they do it for 100 games? Curry will have to be a master at making substitutions to give guys some rest.

Boston coming up in a few more games. That's the REAL test IMO.

One poster mentioned that RIP was the primary defender on Kobe and you have to give him credit for that. Yeah, he was the primary defender until he picked up some quick fouls and then Tay and AA were the primary defenders. RIP should never be covering Kobe. Never.

17. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Believing that Tay's change was by the coach team and the further difference was most of the jumps were wide opened. I like MC's coaching nevertheless he trys.

3 west road wins in a row are beyond my expection. Go Pistons.

18. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Great to see the Pistons knock off a power like the Lakers. No doubt there are more good things to come from A.I. & Company.

Kwame- He will have some good games and streaks, but probably best not to start thinking we will see any type of consistency from him.

For a minute there, I thought the 4th quarter was going to last longer than that rain delayed World Series game.

Very exciting...but remember it's still a period of growth and learning for this group. :byakuya-sakura2:

19. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I'm pretty confident that AI can keep it up, but we'll have to see how the other guys adjust to it.

20. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I think we see the result of Amir going back to the bench in wallaces play back to back season high's, not so much how good/bad Amir was, but Wallace playing his natural postition..... I however wish he was getting a real burn off the bench, but maybe this is similar to what currey did with AA for a few games.... he's driving a point home, and he'll come back with a vengence soon.... well I hope so anyways.

I still am sure that Amir is our starting 4 for the future, but still has growing pains to go thru. Lets just hope that the coaching staff is being straight with him and letting him understand what there doing and why.