At LA Lakers Nov. 14th, 10:30 PM

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by Dlev59, Nov 9, 2008.

1. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agree. AI has the third highest per game scoring average in the history of the league. So far, no one seems to have slowed him down.
  2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Yes, but in DEN his shooting %'s weren't always great. I don't doubt he can score against any team; i just don't know if he can be that efficient against teams like BOS,CLE,etc.
  3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Sheed, Tay, and Rip are not Mello, Martin/Nene and JR Smith.

Not to mention Detroit`s bench is superior to Denver`s. We will have Bos coming up again and the Cav`s this week. I am anxious to see these games also. Detroit should be better against Boston this time.
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I forgot to post my Forum/ LA experience here. I didn't have computer access, so didn't think about it after watching the Phoenix game and getting depressed.

First of all, I was pretty impressed by the Forum. Very nice, intimate atmosphere. It feels almost like a college arena. The seating is very broken up into different sections. I was sitting about 20 rows up behind the basket. Not fantastic seats, but good enough. We had folding chairs that we could move around, so the leg room was nice.

The biggest thing that struck me about the game was how many calls AI got and how unhappy the fans were about it. Strange feeling for a Piston fan. I could understand their frustration, but was also glad to be on the other side of those calls. Also, at the start of the game, they were really getting on Kwame. I thought it was going to be a long night for him as he had a shaky start, but then he seemed to get a bunch of dunks and lay ins, which must have felt great for him.

Overall though, it was a pretty relaxing time. We had a commanding lead for the majority of the game and I wasn't feeling nervous about the outcome in the least. There were a lot of bandwagon %%%%% cats there/ Kobe fans who probably couldn't name their starting lineup, and I hear comments afterward such as "man, I can't believe we lost to those guys." Just stuff that showed that they don't really know bball.

As far as LA in general? Great, great time. I went to a party where Dennis Rodman was a guest. I told him that he was my favorite player growing up when he was a part of the bad boys... but really he was much too wasted to form a coherent response. That guy parties hard. Every once in a while he'd yell out something to everyone ("Hey ou, a roud beer for me an erery too"), but it was sort of sad. Still, there were semi-hot women that orbited him at all times.

I guess it isn't really that unusual to bump into celebs in LA, but it was strange for me.

And the fires made everything smell like smoke. There was significant ash build up on the cars.

85 degrees back to 25 degrees 4 hours later. :mmph:
  6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sounds like the perfect LA weekend.

Except for the ash. The air can be stinky at the best of times.
  7. LA Dre

Good take LA TaS, I usually skip the Laker/Piston games and watch on the tube, just because the Laker fans are arrogant and many don't know that the other teams exist that may be or are possibly better than the LA Kobies.

More Pistons fans show up at Clipper games because we know that it is an automatic victory and the tickets are cheaper. Of course there are less celebrities at the Clipper games but if you got a good pair of binoculars you can spot them here and there.

Once thing I have to correct you on is that the game was actually at the Staples Center as the Forum is where the Lakers used to play and is over on the other side of town in Inglewood and now it hosts hi school BB games and it is a Church every Sunday. :sssh:

Oh yeah, today we are still in the upper 80's:lalala:
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Oh yeah, thanks.

How's the forum compare? Staples was really nice.
  9. LA Dre

No luxury boxes at the Forum, and you know the new rule, you got to have those...It is still a nice arena, all the seats were good so they didn't tear it down.