1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

At LA Lakers November 16th, 10:30 PM

Discussion in 'November 2007' started by Dlev59, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

At LA Lakers November 16th, 10:30 PM

TV - ESPN, FSDHD

Kobe is still in LA and well, he is still Kobe. He is avg 28.3 ppg at the time of this post, good for 2nd in the league behind T-Mac. The Lakers have impressive wins thus far - against the Jazz and Suns.

2. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

This will be an interesting game.

The Lakers are now at full strength for the first time in ages.

Tuesday night the Spurs defense shut them down to open up what was a close game. This is not the first time that the Spurs have done this to another team. LOL. Bowen also went bezerk on three point goals and made 6 of 6 against them.

The Lakers looked better tonight but the Rockets lost T-Mc at half time due to a sprained elbow on a freakish injury so Bonzi played most of the second half in his place. A definite fall off for Houston.

The Lakers have moved Odom to the #3 so he will match up with Tay. Odom is long like Tay but bigger. Tay will definitely have his hands full.

If Dyess is still out Maxey will start against Turiaf which really should be interesting. Two really high energy guys. Turiaf will bang with Maxey.

Brown is back starting at center and he is a pretty good defender when his head is in the game, which you never know in advance if it will be or not. I would look for Sheed to try and draw him away from the basket.

Fisher has helped to stabilize the Laker back court.

Kobe is Kobe, but keep a close eye on his defense, it could hurt us.

The Lakers have a real good bench. Better than ours. Rodmanovich is not injured this year and can put up threes in bunches again like he did before he was was injured last year. He played with an injured hand last year and for the most part was not very effective to say the least. His hand is better and he is a definite three point threat.

Bynum is solid in the center and tough under the boards. I don't think, other than maybe AJ we have anyone coming off the bench that can keep Bynum off the glass. Though I expect Saunders to put Nazr in to match up some of the time with Bynum. Bynum plays a lot more minutes than Nazr so it will only be some of the time. I don't think that Nazr can do much with Bynum but hopefully I will be wrong. I don't expect Saunders to put AJ in ahead of Nazr to match up with Bynum because of Bynums weight, which is probably at least 30 pounds more than AJ. Hopefully I will be wrong on this. I would love to see Bynum and AJ go at it.

Farmer's game has really improved in his second year. He is scoring close to double figures and tonight had 9 rebounds.

Walton has been downgraded to the second unit and his still trying to find his footing as a sub, but he is still a well rounded player who does a lot of things well.

Mo E. is their other guy in the second unit and we know what his game entails.

I think it will be a tough game Friday against the Lakers. This is not the same team that limped with injuries out of April and into May last year. They are healthy and lot better.

They are however, very turnover prone. So if we can force them into turnovers and capitalize on that along with keeping them off their offensive glass, we have a shot at winning.

:hoops:

3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Here's a thought. We often have that debate about Phil Jackson being a great coach for winning so many championships vs. just being lucky to have superstar teams at the time. Aren't the Pistons right now validating the argument that Phil is in fact a superb coach? We have a team that I think all of us feel is capable of winning championships (and should have been winning the last few years), but falls short because they don't have a great coach. Makes me respect a coach like Phil a little more.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It seems like your conclusion should be that you respect Saunders less.

5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

It's funny right before we're playing all these Kobe to DET rumoured trade stuff come out.

Big game for Tay (hopefully!). Put him in LA and he plays well.

As for who wins i don't know. Kobe could go off. Hell, Bynum could go off.

Crossing my fingers Amir/Afflalo plays.

6. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Both teams have injury issues, so it is a toss-up of who will play, who will step up and who will win.

You never really know what Laker team will show up..

Ticket prices to high for me, I will have to wait for when they come back to play the Clippers.

8. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Dre, do ticket prices for Lakers vs. Clippers games vary depending on who the "home team" is? Of course, I'm guessing that the Clippers' generally lower prices go up to meet the higher demand whenever they play the Lakers "at home."

9. buddahfan

Except maybe when they play the Lakers the Clippers almost always have single game walk up tickets available. I believe that the price of a walk up single game ticket for a certain seat at Staples during a Clippers game remains the same regardless of whom they are playing.

The parking lot price and other second or third market prices for a certain seat will vary based upon supply and demand.

10. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

interesting game to watch. Looking forward Tay shoting down Cobe. Is CB playing tonight?

11. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

Looking forward Tay defending Cobe. Is CB playing?

12. buddahfan

This is from the Yahoo game preview. More on link

NBA - Detroit Pistons/Los Angeles Lakers Preview Friday November 16, 2007 - Yahoo! Sports

13. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Finally this game is here. The teams can get this one out of the way and then the Lakers and Pistons can complete their trade.

14. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Yeah, can we get Jackson for Flip, please? We'd give Lakers a 1st round pick to go with that and both second rounders we got for Delfino.

15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't believe CB is playing tonight.

Thankfully, we only make 2 western trips each season. These late games are tough to stay up for!

16. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Tell me about it.

I have to take a nap just to catch the games, that`s if I wake up from the nap!!!!

17. MisterZ

MisterZ First Round Draft Pick

Old timers! :cool:

18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

19. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

This game is "fun to watch"(that's for THE LOW!) LOL.

I love seeing Samb out there. I like watching this different chemistry. Everytime Flip actually gives the bench significant minutes, it makes for a more interesting game and makes me a believer that we have a really good team.

Note: WTH with Chauncey watching the game from the locker room because he doesn't have a sport jacket or suit with him?What? You're a friggin' millionaire that just signed a new gazillionaire deal and you don't take a suit on a road trip? And no one else had a jacket they could loan him? No one? I mean that is just SO CHAUNCEY! You weren't planning on getting injured so you didn't take a sportcoat? This guy is a pretty dim bulb I'll tell you. Wait? How about sending someone to the sportjacket store and buy you one in your size with all that money you've got? Unreal.

Great game though. I hope we get to see lots more of our bench. How about that shotblocking effort!!! Yeah. GO PISTONS!

20. max

max All-Star

They interviewed Billups on ESPN and he said that he expected to play but called it at the last minute so he did not bring a jacket with him. But yes you are right, he could have had one sent in. Maybe he will?