at LA Lakers Tuesday November 17 10:30 pm

Discussion in 'November 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Once again, thanks for the great LeeCap!

I see your point Lee, and I agree with you in principle. However, what's going to happen tonight when it's the 4th game in 5 nights? Same thing. These guys are playing in the toughest basketball league in the world. It's a grueling 82 game season and there are going to be stretches like this. These guys are young and they should be able to deal with the physical strain of playing tough schedules. Yes, it's not easy, but hey. That's what it takes to be in the NBA. We can keep these guys fresh by limiting all starters to 20 minutes apiece, but that would mean we'll be in Seacauscus with about 20 wins; which is what you've originally predicted from this squad btw.

Yes he did. That block on Brown was nothing short of spectacular. I loved the attitude he had afterwards too.

I know you don't like Kwame these days, but the reason why Wilcox isn't in the game instead of Kwame is simply because Kwame has been outplaying him. However, I'll need to go back and watch the JMAX-Wilcox frontcourt again. Maybe you're on to something there.

Since Prince got injured, I've been watching the rookies very carefully. The reason why Q put JJ instead of Daye on Kobe is because JJ plays much better defense than Daye. Yes, Daye had a few impressive blocks when he was in, but generally speaking his defense hasn't been that good.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

JJ is tentative on offense, Daye can be tentative on both sides of the ball. Right now, Daye is playing like Tayshaun on D. He's trying to pick his spots, instead of getting his nose dirty.
  3. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

love the block by JMax, especially since Brown made steps prior to that, but, as always, refs don't blow the whistle. Why dribble these days anyway?
  4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

ugh of course the DVR crapped out and i didn't get to see maxiell's block...anyone got a link to it? is it on the nba.com video recap?
  5. detteam

detteam All-Star

6. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

I just can't help but think if JJ and Daye become more assertive on offense that it will open things up for the rest of the team. They need a confidence boost from coach and teammates to know it is O.K. to miss a shot if it is the right shot. They can't be passing on open shots within their range. They may be tentative now and the shot may not look good but once they get past the "should I take this shot" mentality and get to the "this is my shot" mentality; they will start making them. The indecision is keeping them from performing right now and the whole team and coaching staff need to get in their ears and let tem know it is O.K. to miss and keep taking the right shots.
  7. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

8. Walter

Great point DD.
  9. Walter

10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

This very well may be the first time that I've read one of your posts and agreed 100%!!! great insight!!
  11. baller

baller First Round Draft Pick

I have to say it's starting to look redicoulus in offense when JJ don't get the ball. They wont pass him besides if he is the only possible option and maybe not even then. Yes he get's to touch the ball but it's just when they know he wont probably make a move. But I think I could see a little bit more aggresive intentions from JJ in this game. I think he demanded the ball a little bit more than usual.. not that it should be necessary.

I also think he did good on defense, especially on Kobe. There was no one else that could stop him from getting the ball like JJ did.
  12. detteam

detteam All-Star

That'd be my guess. Looks more like a reverse posterizing.
  13. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

This must be the first post of mine you have read. :MusicBigGrin:
  14. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I was pulling my hair out over this - and I have a shaved head! I was half expecting Kuester to pull Bynum after this too.

Admittedly I haven't been able to catch many games living in London at the moment, and I'm not one to blame coaches solely - but some of Kuester's moves like this one in the few games I have watched, has me worried. Has Joe D erred by selecting another first time head coach with such a young and new group?
  15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Welcome to the forum del..nice to have another fan from across the pond concerned about the Pistons...

Don't let coach K 's moves worry you a bit...he is still feeling his way around the bench and until the teams scoring leader rip comes back he will still shuffle players in and out until determines whats good.

Yep we all get frustrated as there is a potential win every game, but this is a rebuilding year and if we even get to the playoffs it will be moral victory for most..
  16. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Thanks mate, glad to be on board.

Thanks also for easing my fears a little too. I wasn't expecting us to do spectacularly well this season, but was hoping for playoffs. I suppose it doesn't help that the three games I've managed to get my hands on were all losses, haha.