at Miami Heat Friday January 28 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'January 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nice final play and it would have been a great game winning play for the Dayekid...but nope....

Tay killed us in crunch time with that over dribbling, but then again you can blame the other players for not coming to him help out or passing the rock to him with less than 10 seconds.

You know he wasn't passing it back...and don't let me go back and review the tape and find it was limping Mike Miller who was guarding him on the last two times he had the ball. He should have dribbled around him....

Am I the only one upset about this loss???

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I let 3 quarters of the game go by before I realized that i could watch the game on local TV here (in Miami). What a well played 4th quarter by the Pistons. We did get the short end of 2 marginal calls that could have gone either way at the end. They were both light contact with defenders making plays on the ball. Tough luck.

I'm impressed that Daye goes from being out of the rotation to getting his number called on the penultimate play against the Miami Heat on the road. That's a lot of confidence... that he couldn't quite back up. Would have been the best ending to a game for us all year I would say if he would have converted.

Wilcox was looking great in the 4th. He's clearly our toughest inside player right now.

And the game seems like it's in slow mo for TMac. He's just not making many bad decisions out there. Very controlled. He calms the team a little bit like Chauncey used to do.

With Stuck out, this would have been a good game for Rip, but I guess that lingering stomach virus is still affecting him...

Oh well, glad I watched it, and it is still encouraging that we continue to find ourselves in ball games against real teams. The Heat are still decent even without Wade and Bosh.

3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

48-19, Thats what the 2 guys combined for tonight that we gave away to make room for Wilcox.

4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Yup and there lies the game along with the downtown Miami sky-scraper Tay built tonight with all the bricks he threw up and Miami turned a lot of those bricks into easy buckets, as we did a pretty good job on them in the half-court (sans LeQuit of course).

CV seems to be the last person to understand the teams new defensive philosophy of helping and helping the helper, left Daye (and Tay) stranded on the LeBron island with NO HELP on more than a few occasions.

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Against playoff teams?

6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Tonight's missed game winning opportunity for Austin Daye is the necessary bad taste needed for the young fella, a little more time in the weight room and the same play will be an And-1 two seasons from now.

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The play would have fit Tay better than Daye, but I guess that is what made him so open.

It was a money pass too.

8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

It took Tay to throw it, unless you were going to have T-Mac do it but T-Mac was the decoy on that play. BTW, I'm starting to notice the team actually scoring on plays coming out of time outs, NICE!

9. LA Dre

In the NBA, the teams that are supposed to lose, do just that and lose....Miami makes a living beating teams with losing records and even though we supposedly had the advantage tonight, we still could not prevail...

But guess we cannot be that upset as we WILL finish ahead of the Cavs this year as they lost their 19th in a row tonight and Wizards took the Thunder into the double OT before losing again on the road for the 22nd time in a row.

Would have been nice to get two wins in Florida in one week...especially tonight with three members of the Bad Boys attendance tonight in John Salley, Isaiah and Joe...

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I predict that Flip is coaching the Idaho Stampede next season with a genius offense tailored to the skills of Antoine Walker.

11. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

How many point blank soft garbage layups did Charlie Villanueva throw up tonight at the rim? Way too many and he shouldn't have been on the floor in crunch time. Monroe should have been.

12. LA Dre

Agree....he was 2-9 from the field and passed on at least three ops to shoot the three. At least twice he suantered in for those floaters that bricked off the rim. Monroe played 20 mins and I agree should have been in there cleaning up Tays bricks instead of sitting on the bench watching CV throwing up bricks too...

13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

If we miss the P/Os it'll be because of this one.

14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

We only had so many healthy bodies tonight. Daye played 42 minutes! You don't want Monroe out there chasing Miller and Jones around the 3 pt line but I suspect that he's more swift of foot than CV, but even with CV missing he still keeps defenders honest and rotating out to him. I swear CV is just one of those guys who'll always be a few fries short of a happy meal.

Down the stretch Tay missed some good looks that need to go in if you want to win in the NBA and House was in form tonight playing hot potato with the rock, catch and shoot in the blink of an eye, he made tough shots and Tay (and Gordon) missed easy shots, that's what it came down to...... and getting the short end of the refs whistle.

Lastly let me say this, with the recent play of Daye and GM I'm really excited to see what a JJ/Monroe/Daye front court can do if they play and grow together for a few years.

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Seems like CV never uses the glass. Some of the shots he takes are just calling to be banked, but he must not be comfortable with the whole banking system (like Roscoe).

On his last rumble to the hoop, he needed to flip up the alley oop instead of the floater.

16. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I wish if they were gonna call it that way it would be nice to see it called that way both ways. Not when its convenient to the outcome.

17. HardyHar

HardyHar First Round Draft Pick

^^ I agree with you. It looked like Bengo mostly blocked the ball on House's shot. His flop after sold that foul. And you guys need to re-watch that alleyoop if you don't think there was a foul there. There was some contact on his hand/arm, but there was more on his body. Is wasn't like Days went for a FADAWAY dunk. Come on. Do you think if that would have been Lebron going for the dunk there would have been a call? U bet your ass there would have. I'm bummed. Home town refs help Miami to steal that one with 3 questionable calls in a row (the foul on House, the late foul call on TMac, and the final play). Shame on the NBA for "aranging" situations to help the teams that sell merch win. Damn "Jordan"'effect. Piss poor.

18. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

The loss had nothing to do with the refs, that's just a silly excuse. And the conspiracy theories is even sillier. (anyone below 13 is excused however)

Too bad we couldn't pull this one off. Close, close, close. It would have been the perfect ending. Back to the practice ground for Daye.

The Miami announcers claimed JJ was going to be back on the team within a month and applauded his healing ability. Does this have any substance in it?

19. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Was I the only one screaming at the TV wondering why Charlie V was in the game instead of Monroe that entire 4th quarter? It's like he hits one triple, and Kuester instantly assumes he's got to keep him in. Until you realize he's 2-for-10, and you've already lost the game. Only 20 minutes from Monroe (when he had 9 points, 8 boards in that time) is WAY too few with Big Ben out.

And Tayshaun kills me with those deep 2's. Take it to the rack or pass the damn ball when you're bricking all over the place like that.

20. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Not bad considering the guys who've beening playing well (TP, CV, and T-Mac) combined for 11-40.

LBJ must have felt loads of deja vu - looked just like a Cavs team from five years ago.