At Milwaukee Preseason Oct 23 8:30PM

Discussion in 'October 2009' started by max, Oct 16, 2009.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hey roscoe, this is almost as good as you and I in the chat room:MusicBigGrin:
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Reminds me of the old days at the DetNews. :)

Bynum and Gordon have some chemistry. Wilcox having a nice second half.
  3. roscoe36

Maxie set up Wilcox earlier, and now Wilcox just setup Max.

I cannot express enough how little I miss Sheed and Dice. It is nice to watch forwards that actually interior pass, move without the ball and go to the hoop.
  4. LA Dre

Wilcox in the lineup looks good on both ends of the floor..
  5. roscoe36

Wilcox has a low motor. When he is engaged, he is a pretty good player.
  6. LA Dre

5:59 left in the game...if the Pistons hold them under [strike]100[/strike], 90, they may win this game...but lets see if the starters can do that....if they can stop giving up 3's
  7. roscoe36

Charlie V is getting eaten up by Ilyasova. He can't defend a street light right now. Sad.
  8. roscoe36

Stuckey can't cover Jennings either.
  9. HarryFWong

HarryFWong First Round Draft Pick

anybody else think Stuckey might be gay? not that there's anything wrong with that. i hope he's gay, it would be kinda cool... but maybe he's just a soft spoken guy.

do you think Villanueva actually works out during the summer? even Sheed had more muscle definition than him.
  10. LA Dre

Stuckey trying to do it all...the rest of the Pistons are spectators..
  11. HarryFWong

Charlie Villanueva sure is a top notch 3rd big. And Ben Wallace is looking like an even better spark plug 4th. Now if only we had some starters...

Love seeing Ben Wallace out there though. Thank Darwin they got him!
  12. HarryFWong

Bynum is limping off the court!
  13. LA Dre

Well the Piston D buckled down and held on to win despite giving up 79 points in the last three quarters.:confused:...the perimeter defense cannot allow a team to be open enough to take 27 three pointers (they made 11 of them) and you got to shoot better at the FT line (we missed 11 of them)... A two pt Piston victory and those two items were the meaningless key stats

They played better in the second half than in the first and basically without Tay, Kwame, and Rip who was in foul trouble for most the second half.

They got work to do but I can see them getting some wins vs the other weaker teams:sssh:
  14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I noticed that too, Rip just looks like the odd man out. STuckey is going to have the ball because he runs the point, same can be said for Will, BenG just got paid and KNOWS exactly what he's here to do, Rip is.......
    It's weird, watching Vill and Wilcox's defense makes me miss the hell outta Sheed and DIce, I don't know if they were that good or if these dudes are that BAD, their defensive fundamentals and techniques are absolutely HORRIBLE!!!! But on offense, watching Wilcox catch and finish around the rim looks so weird to me because we haven't had a player who could do that in a Pistons uniform since.............

He woke up in the 2nd half.......see comment below

I mean damn, what if the frikkin light bulb would just go off in his head, him and Vill are going to be 10-times more frustrating than Sheed, and that saying alot.

Charlie is clueless, he's a bench player, he's one helluva weapon to bring off the bench, we need a decent vet starting at PF, Charlie don't have the hoop IQ to develop a complete and consistent game, but he's a helluva talent, worth every penny of his modest contract.
  15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Last preseason game. Season starts Wednesday at Memphis.

Nice to see a game on TV. Just the 2nd one this preseason for me, and the first win I saw.

Rip was in a lot of foul trouble. Tay did not play. Kwame did not play. Jerebko did not play. Atkins, Washington, Summers played little or none.

Best stretch of the game was mid 3rd thru half the fourth. We had Bynum and Gordon in the backcourt with Stuckey as the small forward. Maxiell and Wilcox were our bigs. We saw a lot of good chemistry between Maxiell and Wilcox resulting in some easy buckets at the basket. Maxiell also hit some outside jumpers in this one. We went from about 10 down to about 10 up during this stretch. The group started to falter a bit and the starters returned and managed to get the W.

Ben Wallace was great at setting a defensive tone to start this one. When Ben sat, Jason Maxiell came in and kept up the theme - at least on the pestering defense part - maybe not the rebounding. But Wilcox took over the rebounding chores well. He was the old Ben, gathering the bounds, being a staunch inside defender, and continually helping the other team dribble much to their dismay. That run I mentioned actually started with Ben and JMAX both in their.

Villanueva? He showed some ability to score driving around the basket. But really, he did not seem much of a factor in this one - although he did start and we did get out to a good lead with him in the game. He can score for sure, and certainly draws his fair share of the defensive attention.

Daye started but really did not play all that much, and really did not do much of note in the game.

Our old buddy Delfino helped Milwaukee to quite a run for Milwaukee in the first half to take away the lead we built up. That was some good solid play from Milwaukee. In the 2nd half, we got behind by simply not playing good perimeter defense.

Bynum was doing a much better job of working with his teammates tonight, and that perhaps more than anything helped us get this game back in our control. Bynum himself did some nice scoring.

Stuckey provided some scoring punch - and yes, he can play some defense at times just with his natural ability from his size, strength, and quickness. But he needs a lot of work to put his defensive game together.

Gordon I simply did not see play much D. But he certainly can shoot the ball.

Can't think of much else. Just a lot of fun to be able to watch the game.

Go Pistons!!!!!
  16. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Have to take time to get a handle on this team. They are not like the Pistons of the championship run. But will try and call players out to help evaluate the roster.

It looks like the guards can really score. And that shot by Bynum that missed at the end was a good shot. It looks like the Pistons have the fire power to get the open looks in crunch time. I am looking forward to watching Gordon. Don't know how Rip will fit in to the picture and if a trade will take place--still likely by next summer.

Have to see a lot more of Wilcox but was never a big fan of his as a Clipper. But guys can get better.

Ben was a bit like the old Ben. You could really see what we have missed. I never gave Amir, Maxiel, Nazi, etc. a chance to fill his shoes.

Speaking of Maxiel, I like his tenacity but wow, does he have trouble on the defensive boards. That two possession sequence where the Bucks vaulted over him brought them back in the game in the 4th. Trouble with Maxiel is that he doesn't really excell in any area except on the offensive boards and that is somewhat negated by poor free throw shooting. But will keep an open mind. Have no real clue where this team stands.
  17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Looking at the boxscore, quite a contrast in the plus minus numbers. Villanueva a minus 19 while JMAX was a plus 20. And Ben Wallace, despite helping in setting the tone on defense for the game early was well minus. Good plus numbers for Wilcox and Bynum too.

Also, Bynum with a plus 20 stood out very well against Stuckey with a minus 9.
  18. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

:pound:

WTF? lol
  19. LA Dre

I agree that Max provided some intensity, especially midway thru the third and into the 4th, but the dude has to grabbed more than 1 board in 22 minutes of play..that is not acceptable when they are playing good teams....
  20. HarryFWong

i never really heard him speak before, but he had a bunch of little interview clips today. maybe he's just a soft spoken guy. just an observation. more power to him.