At New Orleans Hornets Feb. 25th, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'February 2009' started by Dlev59, Feb 21, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Yeah, no reason to sit Kwame, our second best defensive rebounder.

2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

its all about me! - sheed

3. max

max All-Star

Did not deserve to lose that one.

Maybe you all forgot. Couple of weeks ago Curry said the Kwame Brown "experiment" was officially over.

4. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

Well at least the effort was there tonight but a loss is still a loss and the Pistons are in danger of not even getting in the playoffs. Rasheed is now at the limit of techs so he's suspended for the next game right?

I really would like Bynum to get a start as the PG and AA as the shooting guard. Let Rip keep coming off the bench because he seems to have found his spot there. No Amir tonight and he could have held his own with Chandler. What is it about the Pistons that opposing players get their season highs playing our team?

I know I shouldn't feel this way but I'm glad that Iverson was out and everyone just seemed to play better. I have nothing against AI but he's just not the right player for this team. Maybe Joe has learned his lesson not to bring in an aging superstar for a blue collar team.

5. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

Doesn't Sheed get suspended 1 game for each tech the rest of the season too??

6. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

AI probably felt the same way

7. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Yes he does. I thought he was trying to control his emotions. He really hasn't had many techs since January 1st. Oh well, Friday should be a nightmare. Actually, the second half of the season has been a nightmare.

8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

This has happened every time for me. It may not be PC, but i recognize this team when AI isn't out there; although Rip did his best AI impression for stretches. I can't wait till next year. Amir/AA are going to have to play then right?

edited to add;

As for Sheed, i'm proud of him for making it this far considering how things are going.

9. roscoe36

This team stopped being Blue Collar when Larry left. When 4 guys made the All-Star game. When Ben was sat by Flip in the ECF.

This hasn't been a team that goes out and dives for balls and leaves it all on the court for a long, long time. If they had that sort of work ethic, Billups would still be here.

10. AI IS GOD

AI IS GOD Second Round Draft Pick

lol without AI pistons dont win, and some praise the performance lol..

haters

11. NYPistonFan729

Remember the 3rd period against Chicago and a couple of other times. When AI is not in there, the offense runs much better. I love AI though, he just is in the wrong place.

12. roscoe36

Don't go there. Please.

13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

A tough loss but I at least enjoyed watching the last 3 quarters. It has been a while.

NO killed on the boards.

I think Sheed gets suspended for every other T after this one, but could be wrong. It seems I'm always wrong when it comes to this rule.

The NO announcers put the Pistons on blast with AI & Sheed leading the way. They said NO should look out for Dyess on the game winning 3. They were pretty enjoyable and candid though.

You can get thrown out for swinging at a chair?

I wish they'd buy out AI.

14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Redwings beat the Sharks, Tigers beat the Braves, EMU beat Toledo, MSU beat Iowa...Pistons beat ...well they almost won...came up short again in a game that could have went either way. They played their best game in awhile ...and still were a 3 pointer away from tying it.

AI was gone after 8 mins with back Spasms and Sheed was disqualified with just under 8 mins left in the game. The hornets went up 78-71 and were threatening to pull away, but the gutty Pistons hung in there until the end tying it at 82 all and got victimized by to many long jumpers and then not enough long arms to grab a rebound in the end when they were only down 1 with less than 50 seconds on the clock.

Yep we could have used Sheed then, but now because the towel boy looked at him funny, he has to spend Friday at the Epcot Center while the players battle with Superman DHO...expect Amir and Kwame to foul out in that one..

We got an issue here when we compare the stats of Stuckey and Bynum:stirthepot:
    Stuckey 6pts, 5 dimes, 1 steal in 33 mins of play
    Bynum 4 pts, 6 dimes, 1 steal in 15 mins of play

The play of Bynum, Rip, Dyess, Max and Fabio actually got the Pistons back in it in the second qtr after being down 22-13 in the first qtr and causing oldskool hq to bail out of chat early.

With a close game you can't blame it on one person....This game was lost on the boards >Hornets (51-38 and they got 17 offensive) and probably at the FT line where we only went 12 times compared to their 25. Driving to the paint instead taking all of those jumpers may have gotten a few more points in the paint and from the FT line.

15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Gee, the Dyess / Sheed pairing was just minus 8 tonight. Sheed got tossed with two techs, so Curry was not allowed to lose a game that way. And AI just played the first 8 minutes, due to a bad back - injured last game - so Curry could not go to small ball at the end of the game to lose it that way. So we actually looked good at the end of a game, but just did not get it done. Anyone notice Rip missed several key shots at the end of the game. Rip had no rest in the 2nd half. I wonder if there is any connection to that. Tired legs. No rest. Shots all missing.

The only guy who made us look good at the end of the game was JMAX, who got a ton of offensive rebounds off everyone missing their shots. Of course, Curry would never play JMAX at the end of the game. Nobody get their hopes up. As soon as Sheed and AI are back, JMAX for sure won't see anymore crunch time action.

Sheed won't play the next game. And even AI might miss the game. No Sheed / Dyess. No small ball. Hey, we might just win a game. But wait - not once this season have we won without Afflalo playing. Doubt we can win next game, too bad.

Herrmann did not do that bad. He hit a three, and the Hornets did not burn him any on defense. He got the honor of taking the last shot to try to tie the game. And missed.

N.O. is a team in quite a bit of chaos right now, what with them trying to trade away Chandler for cap space and the trade not going thru for him failing his physical. This was a very easy win to be had for us. But hey, Curry has his priorities - play Dyess / Sheed above all else. I guess now we just have to root for Sheed to get as many techs as possible going forward, so we can win an occasional game while he is sitting - thus avoiding the Sheed / Dyess pairing.

Rip his plenty of shots in the first half, ended up with just under 18 points. Terrible in crunch time - though he did hit the one shot. AI did some scoring before he left. Can't say Stuckey did all that bad - he hit some outside shots and got inside just a bit.

Bynum had a decent game. He helped lead a bit of a comeback in the 2nd quarter after our starters got us in the usual hole.
    Prince had a pretty good game.

Sheed got no points in the first half, but had a great 2nd half scoring. No offensive rebounds though.

You take the time away where Sheed and Dyess were paired, and both Sheed and Dyess had fine games. But their time in as a duo was so horrible it put us in a hole. What a contrast. What a totally clueless coach to actually like this pairing of two slow old men.

Neither Afflalo nor Amir played.

JMAX gave us lots of rebounds, some scoring - but man he has to learn to make a free throw. Again, I believe he should try shooting jumpers from the free throw line. It can't get any worse, and it could do wonders for his free throwing.
    As someone mentioned - yes, Amir would have been about the perfect guy to put in there tangling with Chandler to keep him from having the monster rebounding game he had. But look, stuff like that makes sense - something this coach has none of. Don't get your hopes up.
    Curry will find a way to lose the next game too, count on it.

16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Yall can call it back spasms, I call it the Chris Paul flu!! I just had a funny feeling Iverson ( I hate saying AI..although he IS Artificial Intelligence) would come up hurt tonight. I call it pulling a "Bobby Brady!!!" :ohwell:

17. NYPistonFan729

How did Affalo get in Curry's doghouse?

18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Yeah, Stuckey is hurting them. He just can't play the point at this point.

Second play of the game and they ran an P&R with Sheed. Sheed got Paul on him but instead of letting him set his position he took a shot in .5 seconds.

I like Bynum, but he has a certain something about him that stops him from being serviceable. I'm not sure what it is.

I guess he beats the alternative though.

19. Ernie the Slow Adult

I'll bite (and love the B Bunch). What's a Bobby Brady?

20. roscoe36

He doesn't have range from 10 feet out?