at New Orleans Hornets Wednesday December 8 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'December 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Not feeling good about this one and it has nothing to do with this.

detnews.com | Sports and Statistics

How on earth are the Pistons supposed to win on the road on a back to back without their MVP? They might as well trudge through 12' of snow on the way to the game.
  3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Detroit:89 - New Orleans:97
  4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Huge point guard battle tonight.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

6. Brap

Brap Starter

Starting Wallace and Maxiell is completely disgusting. How the hell is Stuckey expected ever to get assists with the crap he has to play with. Criminy, Tay and Rip don't fit his style even a little bit. It's just a stupid as hell starting lineup.
  7. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

The -unwatchable- second half was one of the most horrid and uncreative offensive performances from the Pistons. No movement. No creativity. Totally predictable. Forced shots. Bad shot selection. Our entire offensive strategy boiled down to "dribble it up the field and hoist it up from wherever". Simply disgusting.

Kuester was supposed to be a brilliant offensive coach. I just don't see it. He cannot even figure out a rotation. We use all of our players in the wrong positions or situations. He certainly isn't any defensive mastermind either.

Kuester has to go.

We need a real coach.
    We need a real point guard.
    We need a real center.
    We need a real power forward.

At the moment we only have a bench, a starting SG (Stuckey) and a starting SF (Prince/Daye/Jerebko).

That's a lot of holes to fill.
  8. Brap

Brap Starter

I really don't care what anyone says in response: the problem ISN'T Stuckey. He's lining up with the two worst offensive players in the league, BY FAR, at their respective positions -- C and PF. Seriously, these two guys are incredibly horrible scorers. And his two scorers (you have to be F'ing kidding me if you call them "scorers") are Tay (the absolutely worst "go to" player in the league on any team and Rip (who has become a disinterested horrible shooter), and Tay and Rip don't even begin to fit the skills Stuckey brings to the court.

No PG in the history of the planet would look good playing with the complete crap Stuckey lines up with to start every game and every 3rd quarter.

Worse, we're letting Daye and Gordon - and even Summers - totally rot.

This is a brain dead strategy which has got to be boring the living hell out of the 1/2 dozen fans who even will bother to show up for games in Detroit anymore.

Why are we bothering to play Maxiell? Why aren't we suspending Rip and Tay ever for their many insubordinations? Seriously, doesn't anyone give a rats ass anymore?
  9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Not really. I watched the Sing Off tonight. I love that show.
  10. Brap

Brap Starter

.....well, yeah.... but that is a quality show, whatever the hell it is.
  11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

The composition of this team is so bad that I don't know if Q is a bad coach or not (I'm guessing not, but how can you tell). Everyone sucked tonight and we got embarassed BIG TIME, you can stick a fork in Q because he's done, actually Q is so flustered that you may wanna keep him away from forks and any other sharp objects.
    I won't even get into a Rodney Stuckey debate anymore, his game is what it is and 99.9% of us see him for what he is, but I wish Rodney was the main issue (he's like item #6 on the To-Do List), this team stinks and I don't know what you do, I don't even think Joe Du(nothing) knows what to do.
  12. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Kinda sad to see everybody down today. Rascoe seemed down in the Stuckey thread. Team isn't doing well by any means. I just wish I had something positive to say to lift spirits up. If they could just name the right coach for next season. Sell the team to the right owner. Have Joe bump his head, and get his mojo back...Ahhhhh, heck with it. I'll just visit the "bacon' thread. :(
  13. Brap

Brap Starter

What I'd do. By Brap.

1) Buyout Rip and get him off the team - if we can't trade him for anything other than a bad (worse) contract.

2) Start Daye at SG. For the experience - everyone with a brain gets he's a starter of the future for us. Get him playing as much as possible with Stuckey and Monroe, and ultimately JJ.

3) Start Monroe and Wilcox - bring Big Ben off the bench. See 2. Monroe is also gets he's a starter of the future for us. Wilcox is athletic enough to support Stuckey's style of play.

4) Let Gordon and CV come of the bench as super subs.

5) McGrady and Daye to get as many of Tay's minutes as possible.

6) Trade Tay for best piece we can get ASAP. He plays the wrong style for where our team is going.

7) Play White when he gets back instead of Bynum. I'm done with Bynum. He's too big a defensive liability.

8) Start giving Summers a legit opportunity - minutes every single game from now on.

9) Ben Wallace is a HOF player and one of the best Pistons of all time. But we're asking too much of him. He's done except as a role model, guy who comes in occassionaly to defend.

10) Draft and trade for a sign big men to play alongside and behind Monroe.

11) For god's sake, tank the rest of the season just like we're tanking the first 25 games. It's painful. But it's sweet too. Get a superstar in the draft.

12) Trade McGrady at the deadline. We'll get a very nice asset for him.
  14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

74 points will barely beat a collegiate team and there are probably 2 or 3 collegiate teams in Michigan that could possibly beat the Pistons in a five game series...

Agree with Brap, and I have stated it a couple of times this week, that you are only going to win a quarter of your games starting Ben and Max as your front men as they both have bad shooting percentages from both floor and the free throw line.

Teams can slack off on them and then two of your other starters are double teamed. Everyone in the league knows this with the exception of Pistons.org.

Three years ago we were number one at defending the three ball and now it is open season beyond the arc for opposing long ball shooters.
  15. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

The players are just not there. Stuckey is not a star--he is not a Rose or a Paul. Good player but not the guy to build the franchise around.

Tay and Rip are waiting to be dealt.

Daye is a year maybe two away. Monroe is at least two years away. JJ is hurt.

Ben should be retired. JMax is a journeyman and would not start anywhere else. Wilcox is a journeyman who is hurt.

TMAC cannot seem to find his considerable game--yet.

Gordon needs a real point guard and a big to work off of.

CV is a 6th man type at best--so far.

The roster has the look of a bottom five team. Is there any other team with as unproductive a front court in the league?
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I don't see anyone on this team that you can build around and get back into contention in 3-4 years. Stuckey, Daye, Monroe and JJ are decent players, but NONE of them are guys who will be the main guy (or the secondary guy) on a contender, they're all 3rd option type guys who woukd flourish if they were on the floor with 2 or more superstar players, players we just don't have.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

In the last decade of Pistons basketball, they have never done anything remotely close to what you're asking for here. I'm really not sure why. Developing players in the regular season seems like a strong strategy whether you are a terrible team or a great team. We've pretty much been one or the other for a long time and we never sacrifice for development's sake.

Tay (in '03), Okur, Milicic, Arroyo, Acker, Amir, Delfino, Smush, Sharpe,

5 minutes per game for Tay in 2003.
    35 minutes played for a whole season for Acker?
    159 minutes for the #2 draft pick in 2004.
    159 minutes for Maxiell in 2006 for the whole season
    110 minutes for Smush Parker in 2005
    104 minutes for Horace Jenkins
    39 minutes for Amir
    124 minutes for Amir the next year???
    31 minutes for Samb
    3 minutes for Dupree
    20 minutes for Walter Sharpe
    35 minutes for Summers this year
    22 minutes for Wilcox this year

You can't tell what a player is capable of doing by giving him 200 minutes in an entire NBA season. There are about 20,000 minutes available for a coach to dole out each year and they can't spend 1% to develop young players? Gotta be smarter than that.
  18. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well, this road trip sucks.
  19. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I think coach Q summed it up pretty well:

I tried to watch as much of this as I could but eventually I started watching Storage Wars.
  20. Brap

Brap Starter

LOL - you guys watch the strangest programs when you aren't watching the Pistons.

.... then I suppose you could easily say that watching this version of the Pistons is stranger than any of that junk.