At NewJersey Nov 7 7:30PM

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by max, Nov 5, 2008.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Well, I didn't put it as eloquently as you, but that's sums up how I feel as well Ernie. I'm still having trouble believing Joe got Denver to make this trade.
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Watching the Nugs and Billups is going one way getting back on D while every other Nug was going the other way on O. I know he hasn't played in a while, but he looks like someone who stepped into a run at the Y.
  3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

This was a solid game tonight. I was impressed with our offense down the stretch. In the last few mins of the game we were getting PIP, not a bunch of J's a whole bunch of drives to the basket (SWEET) . The defense.....eewwww....
    Again allow me state, I HATE DEVIN 'BABYFACE' HARRIS. This dude has been tormenting me for years, Wisc, Dallas and now NJ. I swear I think when he finds out that I'm watching the game and rooting for my team, he has some out of body playing experience. He's been doing this to me for like 8 years now. Devin Harris, the only person that I hate more than Chucky Atkins.
    The AI era has begun, it's going to be SWEET too, BTW the bench didn't lose this game in the 2nd qtr, the starters shot too many J's when we had them in the bonus super early, we failed to take advantage of the bonus, something we will be in often with AI on the court.
  4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

It's baffling. I know i'm beating a dead horse, but the way he covers ground on defense is Ben like. And your right he was rebounding like crazy. He was in position, out muscling, and generally just playing well. He's exactly what we need as a 5th person in the line-up, and when he's in the game even though we go on an offensive drought, the other team doesn't score much.

The minutes have been too much in the past 2 games, and KB should not be playing this much. Lack of minutes for AA is another thing, This is what i was afraid of when Walter went nuts on the offensive end. Maybe Curry's grading system is defective.
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Since when does the other team attempt more shots than us ? 82-75
    Still 10 of 25, 3s to their 3 of 13, 3s
    Both benches played about 75min. But we only out scored them by 6
    If AI can't help us run off about 10 straight victories. We are F'D !
  6. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I think this team will be just fine.

My only concern... and this is seriously my only concern in the long run, is I don't understand why Coach Curry didn't at least give Will Bynum a shot at Devin Harris when everybody else was getting torched by him.

Everything else I chalk up to guys still learning how to play real defense together as a team coming off of years of the Flip stuff, and first game with the superstar jitters.
  7. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Who WAS guarding Harris tonight? I haven't watched a game yet this year but from the sound of my AI-hating friends they made it sound like it was Iverson getting torched over and over again. I doubt that was the case. Its times like these where we'll miss the zone, those fast guys like Harris or Parker getting to the paint with ease. I never had much beef with Flip's zones.
  8. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Players don't know what to expect yet with AI on the floor. They were a little in awe.

I have noted that our defense has been poor. We have no defense for the pick and roll. Generally poor rotations. We have had good defense only in the first quarter of the games and some individual efforts/blocks. Tonight no great individual plays either.
  9. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Its a serious problem. But luckily there aren't Tony Parkers and Devin Harrises on every team. I'm just not seeing what we're supposed to be accomplishing defensively.
  10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I didn't see the game. What do you mean by Rip's "temper tantrum"?

When we get a player that can draw fouls more often than the other team, our shot attempts go down. It's a good thing. :)
  11. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I don't care if we traded for Chucky Atkins. Devin Harris should not be going for 40. That is ridiculous.
  12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

You didn't, it was bad. Rip grabbed the ball after AI shot it a few times, rolled around on the floor and screamed 'MINE!' His mask fogged up and his father had to come out of the stands. Check out Sports Center.
  13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

A quick analysis

Although Harris scored 20+ points in the 3rd quarter, this game IMO was actually lost in the second qtr... The Pistons started the second qtr with a-we-should-win- this-game 27-14 lead.

MC started the qtr with Tay, Fabio, Stuckey, Max and Kwame. In the first 5 minutes we shot 1 for 7 (a bucket by Kwame) and hit 3 of 6 FTA for 5 points. Kwame missed his 2 FTA and Tay was 3 of 4 of his FTA. The problem is that while we were experimenting with this line-up the Nets were missing jumpers too and only scored 4 points. So at the 7 mininute mark, the score was 32-18, the Pistons largest lead of the game which should have ballooned over 20 if the right mix of players had been there. ..... I would have subbed Bynum for Fabio and let him run the point instead of Tay and Stuckey sharing it.

At that seven minute mark, the Nets finally figured out that we weren't guarding the paint and they went on a 9-4 run before MC brought AI, RIP and Sheed in at the 5 min mark with the Pistons still up by 9. Howver by that time the momentum was shifting to the Nets as they closed the qtr on a 6-0 run and carried that over to the 3rd with the lane wide open for the Harris and Boone show. :ohwell:
  14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I second that e-motion:hurt:
  15. hlbimage

hlbimage First Round Draft Pick

Well all I know is Billups on Denver side won while Iverson on Detroit side loss.

Joe D had made another Darko like move with the Iverson trade. Nice job Joe-the-Dummy. :victory:

Some statistic. Whenever Iverson deputed on which ever team like with the 76ers or Nuggets they all loss. So that made me feel better. :doh:
  16. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

I just don't get this at all. Chauncey had a hand in so many plays when down the stretch. This leads me to a thought of a new thread I am getting ready to start.
  17. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

:pound:

Ok, maybe temper tantrum was the wrong word. Rip just generally looked like someone who lost his best friend. He was playing like a lost puppy, and then started taking not so good shots (which was probably a product of AI not being able to get him the ball in his sweet spots that will hopefully resolve in time). When AI was shooting FT's instead of going to give him the standard FT tap, he kinda just hung in the backcourt. Now this means probably nothing, but i notice and overanalyze everything. I have a problem LOL.

On a side note, the DEN game looked like a DET game complete with actual defense. Chauncey was obviously our DPOY!

Seriously though he doesn't gamble, and he keeps himself in position and between his man and the basket when he can. I really hope AI gets fundamentally better. A problem we have is that Stuckey is not good defensively either so unless we're playing AA solid minutes we're going to struggle, and if that below is any indication . . .

ESPN - Iverson's Detroit debut: First impressions
    It's a very rigid stance, but hopefully just a learning one (and not a PO one). I hope he's not against trapping or double teaming b/c that's what we should have been doing to DH. Also, if Curry's going to preach defense and earning minutes then he needs to play Amir more and stop giving KB so much time.
  18. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

will you feel better if we lose both? Come on... i definitely would take a win over celtic over a win over NJN

19. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

They grabbed 2 more offensive boards.

Our players turned the ball over 3 more times.

We went to foul line 2 more times.

Add those opportunities in and both teams are even at 82-82.
  20. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I'm glad he's staying tough with these guys right now.

Afflalo is staying on the bench until he becomes an extension of his coaches will out there on the defensive end. Stuckey will most definitely be better off when the games really count if the coach doesn't bail him out now.