At NJ Nets April 1st, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'April 2009' started by Dlev59, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

At NJ Nets April 1st, 7:30 PM
    TV - FS Detroit
    Radio WDFN 1130

Each of these last eight games are very important to the Pistons playoff hopes as they can feel the footsteps of LB and the Bobcats. The Nets will provide a challenge.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

This is great. April Fools. Muwahahaa

3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Every game is a big game as the Pistons look to make the playoffs.

4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Is Devin Harris back? He can't be looking forward to facing the Piston D again.

5. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

The Pistons blew it big time in their last trip to NJ, which was also AI's first game as a Piston. Hopefully they don't manage to pull off the same sort of choke job this time around.

6. roscoe36

If Curry has anything to do with it, AI won't play much tonight.

7. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Or Amir. Stuckey will play a lot of minutes, regardless of how he plays. Hopefully he plays well tonight. I won't be making any more predictions though! :gaah:

8. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

9. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I keep clicking, but it takes me to the forum homepage.

Good one. Cheers. :beer:

10. slowfall

slowfall First Round Draft Pick

11. roscoe36

I opened it.

12. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I bet you did.

13. nenerojer

nenerojer First Round Draft Pick

I have no words ..

ps sto bene, ciao Roscoe amico mio​

14. detteam

detteam All-Star

The game sucked...chat was awesome.

15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Betcha this thread doesn't go 200 posts...

Pistons appeared to have given up midway thru the first qtr,,,and for the folks who joined the game late, this game was lost in the first qtr. Nets 32-Pistons 21

After that it was the Nets 79 ~ Pistons 77 as both teams scored 27 pts a piece in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and then Nets won the 4th >25-23

Still don't have the final results yet, but the Nets pumped in 42 points in the paint in the first half as Harris, Josh Boone and birthday twin Brooke Lopez had a layup drill/dunkfest in that first half... as we could not stop a slow moving turtle from getting to the hoop.

AI played 17 mins.....uh oh is there a rant in there some where that McCosky can blow up?? 1-8 from the field...yeah pull him..:messer:

Actually those 98 pts , 48% shooting and 27 assists would have been a win in the Flip years (during the regular season...)

16. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

by game log MC tried all kind of combinations and all them failed.

With inconsistent players ( rip and tay are exceptions) there is no "right" plays or "right" combinations and it is not MC's fault. Those players are all hired by JD.

Life is not black and white but this forum seems to ignore that simple thing.

17. LA Dre

That means no or inconsistent chemistry with the personnel we have.

I say get rid of four player and four coaches in the offseason and start over and I will let someone else create the thread to vote on which 8 Pistons coaches and players should be have their Palace id's terminated..

18. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Seems defense was the major problem in this game from the box.

Chemistry is really shaky right now, and this team is so vulnerable to that it's annoying.

There are no defined roles.

I'm going to watch this in a few hours and then go cry j/k.

It would probably be best if CHA/CHI make it in at this point.

19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

This team has virtually no chance to make the playoffs. Not unless they fire the coach. Curry did nothing right in this one.

He started the game with two centers. Why? NJ hardly fits the profile of starting two extra large bigs where two centers are called for. NY had what, maybe 60 or 70 paint points?

If not playing two centers, he was playing Herrmann, which meant all our defensive rotations failed, and our transition D was poor. Herrmann shot well, scored 16, but our defense can't hold at all with him in the game. He is not an NBA player, but Curry must see a lot of himself in the guy, as Curry himself was way too slow to play in the NBA his last few seasons. Again, Curry, no, you are not ever going to prove that you belonged in the NBA by playing someone even slower than you were. Give it up.

Rip hit his first five on his way to about 30 points.

AI and Bynum? All I can remember really is that Curry was using this pair while Harris was in the game. How ugly can you get. No way Bynum nor AI can guard Harris, or even dream to. Another utterly clueless move by Curry. Just because Bynum and AI worked in a different game does not mean it will work in this game. I know this kind of stuff is completely lost on Curry, so he will never change. Which is why I say he needs to be fired. Please Joe, we fans really do like watching the Pistons in the playoffs.

Tay hit some outside shots. Made some good drives to the basket. Too bad we have no backup for him.

Dyess? I can't blame any of this non-sense on him. He is just out there like the rest, trying to do his best despite his coach.

Kwame did nothing in this one. Now, if you got two centers in, doesn't that mean you are suppose to be beating them up inside? Hah. We were getting beat up real bad, beat to every loose ball / rebound. And not doing a thing for an inside game.

Amir and JMAX did ok. But hey, it sure would have been nice if one had started, and one had spelled the other. You know, have a power forward in the whole game. Instead, Curry played them some at the same time, and very often neither.

Wierd small ball. We even used JMAX at center with Herrmann at power forward. Now, I say Herrmann does do the slightest bit of good when played strictly to give Tay some rest, but Curry played him an absolute ton tonight, including with Tay in the game along side him. If he is not resting Tay, he is truly worthless.

Meanwhile, Afflalo did play, but only at the very end of the game with it out of reach already. I am not saying Afflalo is the perfect backup small forward, but he sure beats having someone in too slow to be in the NBA.

Sheed was suspended. Which means Sharpe was dressed, but did not play. Even at the end of this hopeless game, no Sharpe. Possibly Curry is too embarrassed to show the NJ crowd that there was an actual NBA player on the bench who actually could keep up with the defensive plays.

We scored plenty in this game. But Curry never concentrated on defense, except for tring to put defenders around Herrmann to try to hide him. In all, our defense was pretty horrid from front to back, with Curry doing something stupid every moment of the game.

Stuckey hit a few outside shots. Decent all around game with lots of points, rebounds, and assists. Yes, he made mistakes too.

20. LA Dre

Agree lpgrl, then at least I could get some work done in late April instead of watching games and looking for excuses as to why they are getting swept in the first round...plus no playoffs should guarantee the end of Curry in Motown...