At NY Knicks April 8th, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'April 2009' started by Dlev59, Apr 5, 2009.

1. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Has it been this long...the feeling of team talent working together? They definitely had an opening bounce to their step from the very start.

This was a lay-down Knick group.

The rest of the games will be 4th quarter deciders. If they can not build on some sort of momentum, it's a loss time to Boston...who is very beatable.

2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Complete blowout. NY could not hit their outside shots in the first quarter, and resorted to a bunch of one on one play inside from Harrington. Pretty weak stuff, and NY does not play defense either. We had 'em down by 30, about 60-30, midway thru the 2nd quarter. Game over.

Good to see Sheed and Dyess go inside some, but hey, with NY having noone home it was way more than called for for us to go inside. And we have failed to do so in past games, so this was an improvement. Both Dyess and Sheed had nice double doubles tonight.

Tay did a whole lot of inside scoring. Rip made a bunch of shots, including going to the basket plenty. Stuckey got double digit scoring driving in. 36 first half paint points for us.

Herrmann hit a couple of threes, played no D. But we had him surrounded by good defenders (Bynum, Afflalo, JMAX, Kwame.) With NY simply not playing as a team on offense, we checked them just fine.

Sharpe got five minutes of GT. I noticed he got back real nicely in transition. I also noticed he looked awful on his outside shooting. To be expected from someone who has sat the bench all year. But I will take his speed on defense any day vs. a couple of threes made by Herrmann.

Amir only played some GT minutes. Made a hook from in front of the basket.

Tay took advantage of several gaffs by NY to get easy scores, cutting to the basket when they forgot him on a pick and roll play, or scoring in transition.

Sheed nailed a couple of threes early to go along with his inside play.

3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

It should be noted that DET scored inside nicely off of run plays in the 1st quarter. I'm guessing that is the tightening up they did in practice.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Practice? We talkin' 'bout practice? Not the game, not the game I die for. We talkin' about practice?

That NEVER gets old.

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good win!!! Lets see if the REAL Pistons show up now and make a statement the next 20 games. Orlando Magic shaking in their [STRIKE]Converse [/STRIKE]"chucks" after seeing Pistons big lead on the scoreboard. They are thinking about sandbaggin to stay in the 3rd spot...almost lost to Memphis tonight but eked out a victory.

Pistons started the game started off 10-0...once it got to 30-9, I told my dog it was over. Even Spike Lee who was stuck in traffic and late to game found out about the score and told the cab driver to turn around and return him to his brownstone. Left word at will call to leave his ticket with Kim Kardashian

Meaningless Stat time

largest lead 32 pts

margin of victory 27 points

Rebound differential 24 boards

points in the paint differential 22 (Pistons 56/Knicks 34)

starters shot 57%, bench 47% ave 53%

Rip 29 mins, no turnovers,

Kwame 14 mins, no turnovers

Amir 5 mins 1 foul

Afflolo 14 mins ~1 shot

Sharpe 5 mins ~ 2 bricks , 1 block

Knicks 28 three ball attempts:confused:

6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Never! LOL I watched it. I still maintain Amir is awesome.

They interviewed Tay after the game and the reporter asked something along the lines of how are you now getting back to playing this way, getting back to this level (something like that) and he said "We realized how important our team chemistry is".

7. roscoe36

Well, it's one win. If they play like this in 2 of their next 3 games, then Tay is validated. These guys have a bad habit of doing what James Brown called...

As far as Amir, he played great off the bench, and he must have tipped off Walter Sharpe on how to win a tip against midget super leaper Nate Robinson. :)

8. detteam

detteam All-Star

I missed the game...did Sharpe tip it to NY cuz he felt sorry for Nate?

9. roscoe36

Nope, Sharpe took the lessons learned by Amir, and owned that ugly little fella. Pistons ball.

10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

read mine again

11. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

we were bound to win another game eventually is this where the might piston form nation has sunk to? the days of teal?

12. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

u never fail to amaze me..quote:Herrman hit a couple of threes ,played no D.

Yeah I thought that was him I saw picking cherrys under his own basket!!!

Sometimes Lee, its OK to give us a break! Happy Lent!!:D

13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

stats? we talkin bout stats? not a game, but stats?:D

14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I heard that too! LOL

I also heard Iverson was listening to ABC (the Group) after that singing:

"shoot that poison arrow in my hear-rrrr-rtt! Shoot that poison arrow!"

hahahahhaha

15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Sorry if you expect me to report the same reality differently from game to game. Nope. I report what I see. For those who may not be able to see the game. If the same thing happens next game, I will report the same thing. Sorry if this annoys you. I have been doing this for 8 years now, pretty much the same way. Repeating the same thing is a constant criticism against me. But there are those who appreciate hearing the facts of the game, unsugarcoated by any agenda. I am not here to tell anyone what they want to hear, nor to tell anyone what Pistons management would like them to hear.

Herrmann, the fact that he plays, despite being too slow for the NBA, is a story. A very significant story that could end up costing us playoff games. As long as the story is there, I will report it. Game after game. After game, after game. Trust me. You can complain about it all you want. My reports will remain repetive if the same thing repeats game after game. You want someone to rah-rah cheer the team on in game reports, go find someone else to read. Or write your own stuff.

16. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Lee, honestly, you're biased as everyone here. don't lie to yourself that "I'm the objective here".

This your "unbiased" is nothing than your view to things and not worth more than all the others opinions in this forum.

17. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wow, who were those guys?

And where have they been?

18. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Lee repeats it a lot but he is right about Walter.

19. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Walter, do you agree?

20. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Yes, it's only one win and against the Knicks who will probably lose 50 games again this season as well as playing the back end of a back to back game. Now if they win the remainder of the games for the season with the starters playing an average not more than 30 minutes, then I'm impressed and will say we are ready for the playoffs and not to worry about the seedings.

Pistons cruise against Knicks | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Tay is the most realistic guy out there on our squad.

MC still doesn't know what he is doing. He's trying to tell the media that he's good coach by all this quotes.