At NY Knicks Dec 7th 12:00 PM

Discussion in 'December 2008' started by Dlev59, Dec 4, 2008.

1. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

We all thought how bad "Flip switch" was. Well, Under MC that habit is only getting stronger.

The fact is MC has not been able to hold anybody "accountable" so far.

MC still plays Sheed when Sheed is off and keeps Rip+AI, although their playing styles don't suit with each other
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

3. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Show starting....NOW.
  4. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

\

Should have kept amir in the game.....i am happy that now the excuses have run out.....
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

SOSR

same ole Sunday result for the Pistons... They win the second half point wise, but could not over come the first half blues. AI hit 2 FT's and the Pistons got it down to 5 points (91-86) with 4:16 left in the game, but then other than a power dunk by Tay and tough runner by AA, no one could hit a bucket as they missed jumpers and bunnys and let the Knicks pull away. I mean they were in the penalty at the five minute mark and never went to the FT after AI hit those two at the 4:16 mark.

This is where we were missing court leadership, but BFF's CB and Rip were no where to be found to help out here...

Tay tried his best to keep the Pistons in it, but Sheed was well >BullSheed again with 6 and 6. AI kept missing or deferring to Stuckey and Fabio who were also missing. Rip didn't appear that he wanted to play today, but we could have used him in the end instead of Herrman who despite making a quick impact to start the 4th qtr was 1-6 from the field.. Alflolo proved why he should get more PT.....problem is none of our bigs other than Tay are giving us anything on the offensive end.

Key to the game= Knicks opening qtr agressiveness vs Pistons sleepiness. Also Knicks hit 12 three pointers to the Pistons 2, a 36 to 6 advantage there....
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Down 29 to the Knicks in the first half? That's about as bad as it gets.

NY actually looked like a good defensive team there for a while.
  7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

We are a below .500 team since the trade (7-8). We are also falling down in the standings every day (now we are 6th in the East). At this point I am questioning whether we make the playoffs. If we do make the playoffs I will really question how far this team will go. It has not been like this for a LONG time.
  8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Sad game to watch. With all the Pistons talent, it matters not at all if you got a coach who does not have a clue how to use it. Worse, Dyess is about to come back, which will further hurt our defense - cause Curry is just itching to overplay the guy, starting on Tuesday.

At least Curry saw how silly it was to start Kwame in this game. Kwame did not play in the 2nd half of the game. Instead Stuckey started as part of a 4 guard rotation. Now I ask, how is it ok to start Kwame and Sheed together in this game if you then never go back to it after the first 6 minutes. Simple answer: Its not ok. Everyone please pay attention. This starting Kwame is not working. It can work if the other team has two slow bigs to guard, otherwise, Sheed can guard one slow big, and we should have a power forward in the game to compliment Sheed. (Note, with Amir starting with Sheed the first 7 games, the only two we lost is where Curry left Afflalo out of the 2nd quarter. There was never any problem with Amir starting.)

Someone mentioned that Amir had a lot of fouls. Sure he did, but not one of them was the kind we would call a mistake by him. One was simply a bad call, the other 3 were to protect the basket. Protecting a basket that is suppose to be protected by a center, which we simply did not happen to have in the game.

Actually, we did have, for 3 minutes, Amir and Sheed in the game together. Other than that, we went with only one big in the game at a time. Even worse than the last game.

Here is another problem. Again, Curry left AI in the game the whole 2nd half. And again, AI did not one thing positive in crunch time. He needs rest just like everyone else.

Tay did well, scored a ton of points, lots of rebounds, a few blocks. Afflalo was great off the bench, shooting 7-10 and playing his usual excellent D. Rip shot well, left the game with a 2nd tech mid 4th.

Hermmann shot 1-6. Herrmann was too slow to get out to the perimeter several times. Still, we did well with him in the game.

The Pistons did come back from a 29 point deficit to cut the lead down to 5. A missed triple by Sheed at that point looked huge. But if he had made it, it would have been a nearly tied game with I believe about 3 minutes still to go in the game. The comeback was fun to watch. Amir was part of that. Why he sat is a mystery. Afflalo was a huge part of it. Suckey did not play in the 4th after starting the 3rd. Bynum played in the 2nd quarter instead of Stuckey.

During the early part of the run in the 4th, Amir was the center, with Herrmann playing power forward. AI, Rip, and Afflalo rounded out the unit. Then Sheed came in for Amir, and Prince for Rip when he got his 2nd tech. Herrmann played the whole 4th.

Afflalo started out hitting some midrangers, something he seems extremely good at. Then he moved out and knocked down a three, getting fouled and converting the 4 point play. He also drove it in and got a three point play that way.

The Pistons started out the 3rd quarter cutting into the lead some, but that lead for NY grew right back to 22. Curry is saying we did not start with the right intensity. Gee, he started the game with two centers in there when only one was called for. There is a difference. He also equated Afflalo, who went 7-10, with Herrman, who went 1-6 as two players he needs to find more time. So. He is also hinting at changing the starting unit. About time, if he does. I keep hoping.

Bynum did nothing special. Its hard to judge how well the subs are doing when they come in already about 14 points down. NY did hit their shots, no doubt, you got to give it to them for that. But David Lee getting 17 rebounds - that is Curry playing small ball most of the game. Now, in his comments, he did mention we kept the middle open for them. No duh, thats his coaching. He started the game with two slow bigs who could not cover the middle, and went to just one big, not enough to cover the middle. Curry, by his coaching, left the middle open for 45 of the 48 minutes. (to be clear, you need one big guy at the basket, and a quick guy good at rotating - but still with size - a power forward - Tay, nor Herrmann, is a power forward.)
  9. LA Dre

With AI, we win one we lose one. :sssh:
  10. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

Iverson 42 minutes and Prince 47 minutes...and we lost ??? :help2:

This team needs Dr. Phil...or at least a group hug. :grouphug:
  11. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I guess it goes to show be careful what you wish for. Breaking up the core might not have been the best idea after all.
  12. LA Dre

I am not privy to any post game comments, but what does AI say after each loss??
  13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

This one hurts b/c . . . <insert reason>

It's just disappointing, hard to get a rhythm, etc.

I don't pay much attention, but that's the gist of what I've heard after most losses. He's been biting his tongue it seems, and i don't know what's going to happen when he actually snaps and says what he really thinks.

edited to add;

Ok Curry might just be an idiot; He's changing the starting line-up to Stuck/AI/Rip/Tay/Sheed. I'm closing my eyes now.
  14. max

max All-Star

I think a lot of this is the coaching as much as the trade. But everyone wanted a coach that Sheed could respect - that was the important thing. Have to keep Sheed happy.
  15. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Did he really say that in the post game? I didn't watch. I hope not it seems like every time we go small it works for a minute then goes downhill. I don't understand why a coach who is so "defensive minded" loves small ball so much.
  16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

It wasn't just Sheed. Many players had a problem with Flip. And i still blame the trade. These wacky lineups and combination are a result of a struggle that would not be present if we still had CB. There would be no need to put Stuck in the SL. And Amir would still be starting due to his speed in the line-up. Everythings off kilter now, and Curry's scrambling.

It was in an article; Freep i think ?. I'll try to find the link.
  17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Great podshow. Even after a loss, I can feel not so bad with the podshow.

Thanks Low!
  18. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Who was the moderator of the podshow? Excellent host. Who is going to Cancun? I need answers
  19. LA Dre

Last Sunday it was Steve Blake who out played AI...no one mentioned that the Knicks PG Chris Duhon outplayed both of our PG's today,(AI and the ButlerStuckey) to the tune of 25 pts and 9 assists and he played all 48 minutes. :mmph:
  20. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Thanks man!

I really want to thank everyone who participates. I always feel so much better after the show....

You guys are my therapists!:movingon: