1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

At Oklahoma Thunder Jan. 16th 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'January 2009' started by roscoe36, Jan 11, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Are you kidding me? This is awesome. Now Curry can play his dream lineup of Bynum, Allen, Hamilton, Stuckey and Wallace.

2. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

my point was that flip had a formula working in the same way but in POs he had no plan B when his plan A did not work. That's why MC tries so many "idiotic" lineups.

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

In terms of the SB report tonight, I'll give you my calculation. It's much easier to do it when the game flows come out, so this might not be perfect. But from looking at the play by play, it looks like we played 26 minutes of SB tonight and were -10 during this time. The other 22 minutes were break even.

This is 3 games in a row after MC declared 14 minutes per night of SB that he hasn't even come close to that. Not sure how he's been counting it, but he should probably have someone else do it for him.

Stuckey looked for his own, he just missed a couple layups, shot a couple bricks, and got packed a couple times. After a while, you know it's just not your night. OKC has some really good big man help D in the paint and it was bothering Stuck. Except for Stuckey, our other 4 starters shot 52%, so it's hard to believe that he was deferring to them and only walked away with 3 assists.

4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Why, do oversize ball caddies triple pump fake their way into missed layups, get stripped on the way to the hoop or have their shots blocked over and over? I'm not sure how those things are TG's, AI's or Curry's fault.

I know being young excuses a lot of things around here, but he played a bad game. It happens.

5. Ernie the Slow Adult

That's what I'm saying. Their best stretch if ball came when TG hurt his groin.

Let's think about things this way Piston fans. DET has been "tiring" out in the ECF and supposedly losing to inferior teams. Maybe Curry is aiming for the 8th seed so DET will get the best team when they're at their peak? The playoffs will get progressively easier for them as they go.

6. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

your all missing the fact that amir played 25 mins and only had one foul.

7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

:laugh:At Ernie's sig.

8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

You know the difference? The refs just excused the 3 or 4 touches and bumps he initiated. This could have just as easily been another 4 fouls in 8 minutes type of game.

Except for the bogus 3 in the paint, he finally got some respect.

9. Star Jones

Star Jones First Round Draft Pick

The plan B in the playoffs should be: give Allen the ball and move out the way. Plan C can be: give Rodney the ball and move out the way. Plan D can be: convince Rasheed to stay in the post for three to five minute stretches.

Right now, the only plan should be doing whatever it takes to create a cohesive and consistent offense and try to do whatever you can iron out the defensive rotations.

You know, I've watched Rodney in games where the ball was going in the hoop and thought those were bad games because he was forcing so much.

Tonight, I just thought he looked indecisive and hesitant and it was worsened by the fact that nothing was going in. Tonight he almost looked like a PG instead of a gunner*.

*I don't mind gunners...when the shots go down.

10. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

I know it doesn't fit today's theme, but i'll just go and say that Kevin Durant is unstoppable. If he's not too quick, then he's too tall for his man. And at 6'9 or 6'10, he's too tall for every 2 (and nearly every 3) in the league.

That being said, this should still be a 15 point win.

11. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Some takeaways from the box score (I'll finally be able to see a game Monday woohoo!, I think):

Rip played pretty well
    Stuckey had a bad bad night
    Wilcox got off against us?
    JMax got a DNP (we paid 5 mil per year for this?)
    and, who's playing center when Wallace is out of the game?

12. Ernie the Slow Adult

No doubt. Stuckey looked a lot like last years version tonight especially with the blocks and tie ups. I was hoping/thought he had figured that out because it hasn't happened to him much.

13. Ernie the Slow Adult

He did indeed. He contested one shot and I started getting up to get a drink out of habit of a foul being called there.

14. Star Jones

Star Jones First Round Draft Pick

I think he's confused. Everyone is saying that this is his team, but I think this Richard fiasco has got him wondering. He was creating something with Tayshaun primarily and Allen secondarily and all of that has taken a step back in the past few games.

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

[​IMG]............

16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

LOL @ the Pistons. WTF happened ?! I fell asleep :mad2:. Although, maybe that's a good thing. 12 pts in the 4th, 52-35 . . .

On the brightside ? Amir/AA still managed to have a positive +/-

Chauncey come back please.

edited to add;

I read the recap on ESPN. I think AI just called out Curry. I can't decide if that's a good thing. It wasn't SB related, but about the offense.

17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

First half, 2nd half, not much different. Read my earlier post on the 1st half.

As I thought, Curry started the 4th with Dyess and Sheed paired together. Disastrous. And then, Curry just basically decided to throw in the towel, bringing Bynum on to run the point. I am sure he is trying to blame the players. Don't buy it, not any of you. Curry did not coach worth a darn in this game. He consistently let Oklahoma have exactly what matchups they wanted. Heck, If I was coaching Oklahoma, I'd pay Curry to put in the players he did, most of the game. But hey, Curry did it all for free. He must like the guy. Anyway, Curry throwing in the towel with most of a quarter left to play is inexcusable.

Tay getting hurt did worsen the whole matter, since he is the only guy Curry will play at small forward who can guard their star. Afflalo guarding Durant? Major height advantage for Durant. Same against Rip or Stuckey. Again, this game shows the same thing so many have shown, we have no backup small forward with any height. For this game, the best we could have done is use Amir as the backup small forward. Never, ever should we have played any small ball, leaving Rip or Stuckey to guard Durant, and never should we have had anyone other than Tay or Amir try to guard the guy.

Tay did do some good stuff for the game. But its quite telling when he walked down the court with his head down early in the game. Sure, he found something left in the tank, but anyone who knows thing one about basketball can not like seeing that possession. If Tay is playing power forward, he better be hustling down the floor, and attempting to establish position around the basket. If he can't do that, then don't play him as your power forward.

As a team, the Pistons were way out of sync on their shots. Pretty much never had an offensive rebounder in position, other than Amir on occasion. This goes to bad coaching. If you can just not get you offense in sync at all, you either can't coach, or worse, you don't even know the concepts involved. (Their is a difference in knowledge vs. if you can coach / teach your team a concept.)

Let me see, for the game, yes, we did go inside a lot. But you had Sheed and Rip negating this at times, reverting back to tossing up jumpers. That is not keeping the theme going.

Well, basically, no sign we even have a coach. If Curry truly believes in this small ball stuff, he has to go. And soon. The playoffs are just around the corner. Not much more time to waste developing a total rookie coach. (And no, you can't get much worse a case of a rookie coach than one with only one year of assistant coaching behind him.)

18. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

I think players have sort of "called out" Curry at one point or another this season. If I'm not mistaken, Tayshaun and Rasheed have also done this with regards to small ball not being good for the defense. I don't know if AI was actually calling out Curry but I happen to agree with him. The lineups the Binary Man's been putting out there just don't mesh.

Edit: Yeah, seems AI did call out Tandoori. Someone had to, imo.

19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I know you're not a CB fan, but this is where having an actual PG comes in handy.

I can't believe AI didn't score in the 2nd half. I wonder if that's ever happened in his career.

This will never go away esp in the 4th. It's like it's in the rulebook that they must play together.

20. detteam

detteam All-Star

I wish everyone would relax. Arnie has a freezer full of bananas and is shoving them down everyone's pants to get them ready for the Hornets.