1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

At Orlando 7pm Feb 23rd

Discussion in 'February 2007' started by max, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

You don't know much about Darko, do you? That is his famous arm wag to intimidate the other team.

2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

First, again, Darko did not so great, not so bad.

Delfino had an outstanding rebounding game in short minutes, and came up with every loose ball there was or knocked it to a teammate.

Hunter holds at 2 acceptable games as backup point for the month. He did have a drive and dish for an assist to Dyess though.

Billups decided again to score early and often, and did. That Orlando would dare start Nelson against Billups is quite a laugh.

Dyess had another decent game off the bench. His outside shot is dead on with plenty of range.

Dale Davis got long minutes and basically was a force inside. But no Maxiell. I like seeing the extra guy in the rotation, but never will I like Maxiell not even being given a few minutes to end the 2nd quarter.

No Mohammed, Flip Murray, Dupree, nor Blalock or Johnson. Of these, I see no reason to be playing Dupree, Murray, or Mohammed at the moment.

Rip just continues to amaze with his shooting consistency.

Tay had another very so so game. Maybe the ankle is still bothering him. He did can a key basket in crunch time posting up Turk.

Sheed hit a couple of triples, did some damage inside.

Webber scored some, rebounded some, got some assists. One particlarly nice pass to Rip for a layup. His defense was not all that bad.

We stuck with a lineup of the starters but with Dale instead of Webber into the five minute mark before bringing Webber back in.

I know people do love Webber being here, as do I. But guess what, we could be winning games with Dale Davis starting for us too. Dale is quite a basketball player.

The status of the Pistons is brighter than ever for the season. With Wade injured, we are a virtual lock to come out of the East, with only the slight possibility of Chicago working out some chemistry problems standing in our way. Still, never hurts to improve. On a game to game basis, Hunter is an ineffective backup point guard.

Delfino continually shows he can hang with opposing point guards just fine. He should be our backup point if Flip unwisely chooses not to play Blalock. And Amir should be playing. I don't want to see this team just come out of the East. They must beat the West's best after that. GO PISTONS!!!!!

3. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Geeze...just watched the replay after getting home..

Nice to see Goukas pouting like a little beeyatch and spending half the 3rd Qtr talking about how Rasheed is the worst player in the leauge and how he knows his moods and thought processes and that no one should ever like him.

F You Goukas.

4. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

I cannot believe that there is a better backcourt tandem than CB and Rip. They are virtually unstoppable and if they are fouled to stop their shot, they just about never miss a FT.

I thought Darko would have a pretty good game at the start. Having 8 points that early showed up well, and then he never saw the ball again. The Pistons would not be ignoring a player who got a good start but Carlos and Jameer just do not share the ball.

I thought it was interesting that early in the game, the Orlando talking heads were commenting on the fact that CB is a good example of a point guard who was a shoot first PG can be trained to be a pass first PG. It makes me think that some of us calling for Jameer to be replaced by someone who can and will pass the ball is beginning to get through to somebody up there. The Magic will not go anywhere near a title until he is replaced by someone like Steve, CB or Jason. He does not even have to be as good as those three; just be a decent imitation of one of them.

They were also complaining about Carlos dribbling way too much at one point.

The Pistons were just awe-inspiring in their complete control of tempo, the fact that they stay cool, and demand that the other team play Piston basketball.

5. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Agree with Lee about Davis. He still has some game in him.

That second unit is scary though with Dale, Lindsay and Delfino (all non-scorers) on the floor at the same time. Dice scores on and off. Too much for Rip to do. At least they played defense with Davis in the middle. If you can't score, hold the other guys.

Orlando is nowhere near a contender as I have repeatedly stated this year. Hey, they were even hyped early by Heisler in the LA Times. Of course, Heisler took two years to figure out that the Pistons were for real and he was among all the "experts" who downplayed Webber coming to the Pistons.

We played a pretty poor game and still won. Good to see us put the hammer down on defense in the 4th. I love that kind of basketball.

Darko was a disappointment. He does have some nice moves and I have seen him alter shots. He belongs at this level. But he has not shown anything near to being a number two pick. How could we have picked someone so high without knowing his game? An 8th pick or a tenth pick Ok but not a two. It is not about Darko but the hype machine that even our great Joe D bought into.

With Wade likely out, is there a real danger in the east? And, how do we stack up with the West's big three?

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ok I am now 2-0 in attended road games for the Pistons. Tonights win vs the Magic and I also attended the win vs the Dallas Mavs back in December. I guarantee another win at the next Piston game I will attend on 3/11 vs the Clippers.

I knew tonight would be special as I saw hundreds of Piston fans walking through the doors of the Amway Center wearing their Piston and Michigan Wolverine garb.

The game started with the Pistons interior defense playing soft as it appeared that magic scored 16 of there 24 first quarter points in the paint. It was a see saw battle after that with the Magic leading by 2 at the end of 1, by 1 at the end of 2 and by 4 at the end of 3. Up to that point it was anybody's game as the stat posted on the Jumbotron indicated that the Magic were 19-5 when leading after 3.

Although the Pistons played average those first three quarters, the Magic should have never allowed us to hang around. Iknew it would be just a matter of time before the Pistons would take control of the game. They opened the 4th quarter on a 13-2 run, not allowing the Magic to hit their first FG until only 1:21 left in the 4th quarter. The Magic tried to make a run down the stretch durng the last couple of minutes by stopping the clock to hit FT's, but Mr. BigShot and the Pistons defense had already done the damage with CB methodically controlling the temple of the game down the stretch and the defense forcing missed shots and turnovers. (The Pistons had 18 pts off 16 magic turnovers).

With the outcome of the game already settled, the Magic fans headed for the exits and only the Pistons fans remained to do the cheering in the end. . In fact after the game you could hear the Detroit fans chanting "Detroit Basketball" while standing in front of the restroom urinals, as the fellow Motown fans discussed the Lions, Tigers, and Pistons, (oh my!)

Good game tonight boys and girls, now I need to finish packing so I can catch my plane back to Cali in da moanin. :winner_first_h4h: :cool:

7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I was looking at some early box scores and the numbers seemed all messed up.
    Fino with 4 rebounds
    Darko with 5 points.
    Wooooo, Dre your guarantying a victory at Clippers. So manly.

8. max

max All-Star

Pistons are up 3-0 against the Magic. We still have one more game left with them on April 11.

Just caught the re-broadcast. Glad I did not give into the temptation of sneaking at the score during the re-cast because it was a great finish. When the starters came back in with 7 mins to go, score tied and about to go into the penalty I knew they would pull it out.

Pistons totally out-executed the Magic down in the stretch. This is what this years Pistons are being known for. Not going to lock down teams anymore but they will play near flawless down the stretch most games and thats a formula that has won more championships than any other.

Darko had a pretty good game tonight. His role is not to dominate the scoring or anything so for him it was a good night. I was a bit surprised at all the cheers for the Pistons on a road game like that. Took the Magics best punch and came home with the win.

9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I doubt we beat them by 23 again.
    Ps 92
    Ms 85
    ----------
    Wish I put my money where mouth was.

10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

This is a good example of youth vs. knowledge... I love watching these near rookies taking flying lessons on pump fakes... there is defiantly a down side to development... even if it's necessary.... the Patience of a vet knowing when to show or when to go vs the rushed shot, great leaping misses or the overzealous fouls.
    The Pistons are second to the Spurs in game situation intellegence.

Delfino has won me over (borderline hater) with his hustle and exceptional rebounding instincts... I still believe his defense is overrated (he bites on everything) but you can tell that he's a coaches son how he understands the game... Mr. intagible for the year so far.

Magic... let's go lotto!

11. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Caught that prediction Thee... pretty close ...nice call

12. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Bballjay's lack of an opinion is hilarious.

So predictable. :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:

Again Darko=good role player....mediocre all around.

I've seen this a million times.

13. Sanddunes

Sanddunes First Round Draft Pick

After last nights game: "Yeah, in the fourth we're usually a different team than we are in the first three quarters," Billups said.

The Pistons are going to need to be a "different" team for more than 1 quarter come playoffs.

14. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Brown, of course, was forced out of New York after one season of 59 losses and almost as many different starting lineups. In his absence, Eddy Curry has begun to blossom, and Milicic sees that as no coincidence.
    "I just want to improve my game now and it's gonna take a lot," he said. "When you don't play for three years, you kind of lose the feeling."

15. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Never anything he's done right? Darko has known LB all of 2 of his 21 years on earth and in that short time, LB was able to strip all basketball talent, knowledge, and potential our of Darko's midi-chlorians. It's nice to see that Flip didn't play Darko either AFTER LB's departure, but it's still all LB's fault. Did LB taint Dolphin?

If LB's coaching was "bad" enough to keep Darko on the bench and get Detroit a title. I'll take that EVERY time.

Hell, if my starting center is only going to drop 8 pts...I at least want him to be DPOY.

16. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

this was an excellent win because orlando played swarming D the whole game and really hustled and tried to pull out the victory. even with all of that effort, they still couldn't beat the pistons at home while shooting a much higher percentage.

17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Darko was -15 according to Popcornmachine.net

18. Darth Tater

Popcornmachine.net refuses to factor Darko points into their equations. They don't give an accurate picture of Darko's worth to a team.

The latest Darko point scales are awarding bonus points for missed shots that look really good.

Darko is only a kid from a war torn nation who had his progress retarded by DPOY's and mean coaches. We need to take this into account.

19. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

You forgot about the drunken fans who talk too much and can't play basketball.

20. Darth Tater

Read the fine print. That equates to 2.5 Darko points. The DHOF takes EVERYTHING into account.

Their motto is

"Darko may miss the rim, but we never miss an excuse"

Darko Points

rule 459 sec. 3 : Loud drunken fans = 2.5 Darko points.