At Philadelphia April 9th 7PM

Discussion in 'April 2008' started by max, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

or maybe even in an earlier round
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

According to ESPN's Ric Bucher, David Stern is supposed to announce on Friday that the Pistons will not be eligible for the playoffs unless they promise to play Aaron Afflalo at least 15 minutes per game in the post-season.

"Without Afflalo, Detroit has absolutely no chance of getting past the first round," said Stern. "It isn't fair that all of the other teams have to battle in the first round while the team that matches up with the Pistons essentially gets a first round bye."
  3. max

max All-Star

Thats it. I am officially joining the Anti-Afflalo fan club. Look for me at the next Piston game, I will be the guy waiving the sign "Won Dixon Persecution must end", "Won for 4th guard"
  4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    That's right, this is not NFL. Nobody gets a first round bye. I want AA!!!
  5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Look at it this way, Afflalo joins the ranks of Bird and Magic for the simple fact that, they too as rookies had to play to guarantee their teams success.

AA ought to be proud that in his first year he is mentioned with the greats of the game, well he deserves it. Doesn`t he?
  6. PistonFanInCavsTown

PistonFanInCavsTown First Round Draft Pick

I read on HoopsHype that he's really announcing a special trade deadline exception so that either the Lakers or Celtics can acquire AA from Detroit, and that he would still be eligible for that team's playoff roster.
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Oh crap! We're doomed! We're doomed! We're doomed!
  8. max

max All-Star

Its been an honer watching this small preview of AA's greatness as he has been able to start the last 5 games.

Over the past 5 games in 24 MPG of action we have all seen.

PPG - 6.6 (0.315%), RPG - 2.6, APG - 1.0, SPG - 0.4, BPG - 0.2

All the great defenders are capable of avg over 0.1 Steals and blocks like he has been.

Most of all its been a treat watching him burn up the net with his 10-31 shooting over the past 5 games.
  9. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Ohhhh I'm sure its the starters freezing him out... if he had played with the bench players he would have shot much better.... say 10-30 or 11-31 :pound:

He's a great late first round pickup with "potential" to be a solid player for years to come but it gets harder and harder to take Lee's pet players serious as the years go by...

Darko will be the starting center by game 13 of his rookie year

White who would make us forget about MJ... still the farthest from the target so far

these two are the two that jump out to me, but there are numerous others that lee and others seem to think are more important to our success then the starting 5. Were going to go as far as those 5 take us, not how a bench player that will get at best 10 mins a game in the playoffs performs.
  10. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Lee's Rodney White/MJ comment continues to this day to be the most absurd sentence that has ever been typed in an online basketball forum. ...Heck, I'll go a step further and say that it's the most outlandish comment relating to the sport of basketball in the history of the "internets".
    :ranger:
  11. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Stop, Stop, you guys are killing me over here!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pound::pound::pound::pound:
  12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Finally! It's about damn time someone did something.

On a serious note, while i don't think we'll lose in the 1st round if he doesn't play, he will be an important piece in the PO's. Watch and see. (That is if he's on the court to watch and see :))
  13. max

max All-Star

Alright. I think Lee has been racked over the coals long enough in here. No need to bring up stuff that someone wrote years ago.