at Phoenix Suns Sunday November 22 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'November 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

I agree...A very athletic player in his time was Bill Laimbeer. Not really hard working at all.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Its halftime and our guys already have one foot on the plane and one on the court....down 58-42. Even Will Bynum was seen suckin air ,, so coach Q had bring Chucky in to spell him....Atkins quickly got a -9 as the pistons were outscored 12-0 in the last 4+ mins of the second qtr.

Stucky is still sucky with 2-9 shooting.

Lets see if they can make a game of it in the second half and hold the Suns below 100....
  3. DesmoPiston

DesmoPiston First Round Draft Pick

yes, it will be under 100 after 3qtrs :D
  4. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

Summers had a good game. :D
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think I closed chat with 30 seconds on the clock. Sorry guys, I had thought the game was over. My bad.
  6. DesmoPiston

DesmoPiston First Round Draft Pick

I can't believe I wasted all that time to find a bootleg stream to watch this game... There was a reason it wasn't on NBA LP... god had a plan for me... I should've listened...

NBA.com reads: "Suns Take Down Pistons in Desert Duel". I guess I missed the duel
  7. roscoe36

DP, I yield to your wisdom.
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons are third team this season that Suns hold under 100.

to many jump shots and not enough trips to the ft line. Stuckey was 4-15 and Gordo 3-11 (including 1-6 from beyond the arc) Suckey contributed 4 pts in each half.

We went to the FT line only 12 times compared to their 25.

That 20-7 run in second qtr by the Suns pretty much ended the night for the Pistons. The second half was pretty much garbage time with all of the Piston scrubs able to show off their offensive skills and their non-defensive skills as the Suns Scrubs continued to score at will from inside and from beyond the 3 point line adding another 59 pts to the 58 they scored in the first half.

There were a few hi lites as Dujuan Summers showed he has some offensive punch leading the Pistons in scoring with 13 pts and sharing those honors with CV. He was 3-3 beyond the arc. Both Daye and JJ were good inside with the layups and I think we should be running plays for them to the hoop instead of relying Stuckey to run into roadblocks. JJ played some good d too with a couple of nice blocks.

Next game Wednesday...these boys need tomorrow off for sure.
  9. max

max All-Star

That about sums it up. Just glad that I did not have to go too far out of my way to watch that one.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

he sure seemed like something in pre-season. Maybe he had to get out the jitters.
  11. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Stuckey had another poor game. I know so did others but he was in a leading role. His shot was missing but he fired away and when he drove he missed. Tired maybe. But this has to be a break out year for Stuckey. Joe can't wait longer I don't believe. He has had some up games but he too often defaults to games like this.
  12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

You take away the 10-0 run Phoenix had at the end of the first half with Atkins in there running the point for us, and this game was close most of the way.

Why Atkins? Gordon and Stuckey are dead tired. Bynum is injured. Still playing, but with multiple injuries. Which is why Dumars should have another guard on the team. Anyone but Atkins, who is too slight a person to even begin to defend anyone in the NBA. And he ain't no point guard.

As usual, people are out there bashing guys like Wilcox and JMAX. But hey, in this game, all the deficit up until the 3rd quarter where we found ourselves down 20 was gotten with CV and Ben in the game.

It was refreshing to find a guy willing to actually post up down low, and who could actually make a bucket once the ball got to him there. Wilcox did this a couple of times. (CV is getting into the post too, just not ever posting up at the basket.)

Jerebko showed some talent around the basket, but continues to refuse to shoot the ball from outside. Most of the time, yes, the other team is going out there to defend him, but when they don't, JJ still passes the ball away rather than shoot. In contrast, Summers is showing he is not afraid to shoot, and tonight, he made several threes. He led us in scoring, tied with CV at 13. And he has hardly played so who knows just how good he might be with some game time.

Yes, this was a horrible stretch of games. A four game in five night stretch, followed yet another back to back set - all on the road vs. quality teams. You could hardly imagine a worse schedule.

It seems that both Tay and Rip are on the same schedule roughly as far as getting back to play. Maybe a week or two yet. Seems Rip's ankle injury was a pretty bad while Tay's back problem is not season ending.

Phoenix sure likes to shoot. In a hurry. And they make their shots. I know someone was hollering for us to get Channing Frye - gee, the guy can shoot the threes. And Nash is still terrific and Stoudemire is a force around the basket. And yet, for a whole lot of this game, the Pistons did compete. Despite the long, horrid trip.

In all, a lot of positives seen in this game despite the loss. But we do have to cut Atkins - Dumars hiring another buddy to be nice is just embarrassing.

Hoping for better next game.

GO PISTONS!!!!!
  13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Why not mention the post feed toward Wilcox that went straight into the upper deck. (It was a pretty horrid pass attempt.)
  14. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I watched the game..

And I'm really sad.. I don't know.. The other night I watched the Houston Rockets and man, they leave everything in the court.. every player is sweating blood in every single game..

They give all every minute in the court, in both ends of the court. They don't have T-Mac neither Ming.

And yes, they may lost a few games but leaving all in the field..

All I've been reading here are all excuses.. we can't excuse the pistons anymore, Ben Gordon is not the Bostons-vs-Bulls-in-the-playoffs-Ben-Gordon.. Stuckey is not playing with enthusiasm.. neither Villanueva.

I watch a game of players who SEEMS to does not care about it. (I know that they care, but SHOW ME THAT YOU CARE MAN!!)

Houston plays every game like there is no tomorrow.

And we are playing games, throwing dirt to our injured players like Hamilton or Prince, saying that we cannot win a game without them..

I know it's hard man.. but come on!! We CAN Win without them! We have a great group of players!

Yes we have a huge lack of defense, BUT WE ARE NOT PLAYING A GREAT OFFENSIVE NEITHER!

Few teams in the past didn't have defense too, but they play a hell of an offense every game. We are not doing that.

---------------------------

I know that some things that I said are wrong and we need to give this team time to grow, time to get to know each other, time to Kuester to improve, But I'm tired of watching my team lose.

Sorry if I offend anyone with my comments.

:(
  15. roscoe36

You didn't offend anyone.

Some of us have been fans for decades. One November game on the road in Phoenix is relatively meaningless in the big scheme of things, so that is why people are not so upset.

I don't know if you watched the Pistons last year, but there is 200% more effort this year. Yeah, it is not playoff caliber effort yet, but it is a major improvement. Last year was like watching a slow motion trainwreck.
  16. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I like this team. They play defense and work hard. It is just not a finished product right now. Be glad to see Rip back, though. Everyone seemed worn out last night. They have a foundation of players to build on. We just have to wait and see what Joe does next.
  17. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

If we had an effective post player would it matter?
    I mean would our guards even look their way?
  18. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I've noticed it before, but it showed up over and over last night - that the guards really don't do a good job of throwing the ball into the post. Even when they want to, they don't give the post man time to set up and call for the ball. They were just lobbing balls at Wilcox last night when he wasn't ready - probably accounted for half of their second half turnovers.

Moving the ball is pretty much a lost art right now with this team.
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Prince and Rip are both willing passers and are still arguably the 2 best players on the squad (and yeah, Gordon is good too). Not many teams in the league will win many games or have great assist stats with their top 2 out.

Having Prince out is especially tough for us because we have backups who are hesitant offensively and who our guards ignore.

Have to wait to evaluate until our horses are back.
  20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The Pistons caught one last night, but what are you going do. It seems whatever city I am living in these days will be the Pistons last stop of their Western swing. This is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened to me.

Teams that push the ball give the Pistons a lot of trouble.

The Pistons have had trouble feeding the post for a while now. I don't see getting Tay back as the cure to that either. By the by, if Tay is back within a month of when it is first suggested I will be shocked.

Chris Wilcox had his best game as a Piston with about 4 points I think.

Daye is the least deserving of all the rookies to play.

I'm not sure if this made the NBA TV broadcast, but here in Phoenix they had a poll asking which Wallace has had the best NBA career. The choices were Sheed, Ben, John and Gerald Wallace.

Sheed won in a landslide followed by Suns broadcaster Eddie Johnson saying dismissively, 'Yeah it's a no brainer really. Ben Wallace had a couple of good years, but to me that was all because Rasheed Wallace was there.'

He then left the broadcast table momentarily to knock a Fear the Fro wig off a child in the front row.