At PHX - SUN Nov 16th 2008

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by roscoe36, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I caught the last quarter last night. I sure was hoping for the 4-0, but I am not going to get an aneurism over a 3-1 West Coast Road Trip.

I too think that another trade is coming down the pike. We are a litle light in the pants along the front court. What happened to Amir and those Mad Max Slams? I don't think that I have seen any JMax slams this year.

Was Max and Amir also in the crying room along with Rip and Tay?

Rasheed needs to stay, I would rather part with Rip & Amir.

I saw the Stuckey hit from Shaq, Shaq smacked the mustard juice out of the little fella. What was very impressive; Stuckey got up and drove on, the guy is tough as nails and he wasn't scurred.

My greatest concern, as I said before, is along the front line. I took the liberty to go through all the NBA teams to see what BIG that we could possibly land in a trade (Realistically)....Drum Roll Please......

1. ZA ZA Pachula
    2. Dansangna Diop
    3. Lamarcus Aldrige
    4. Joel Przbilla
    5. Eton Thomas
    6. Gerald Wallace (PF)
    7. Eddie Curry (NOOOOO)
    8. Tyson Chandler, (may not be that hard to move him now)
    9. Hilton Armstrong
    10. Chris Kaman
    11. Darko Milic :eek::love::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:
    12. Mbenga
    13. Chris Wilcox
    14. Javale McGhee
  2. max

max All-Star

Negativity - One thing I have learned is that you have to just let things go. Can't respond to everything.
  3. linwood

linwood All-Star

Tyson Chandler is a real force, but he seems real injury prone. I haven't really looked it up to see if that's true.

Chris Wilcox is a talented athlete, can finish on the break, but not really a great defender. Not worth Rip and another player, but hey, the Thunder just GAVE Ray Allen to the Celtics, so maybe you could get him for Acker.
  4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

it was the one on grant hill. unfortunately that dude is going to get more respect on a call than stuckey right now. and yes it was robbery.
  5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I do not appreciate your input. With our history, think about it, is it about them, or us? PS, if you are educated, perhaps you should add some communication classes. You started out basically attacking me, so why do you think I would read the rest of your post?
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Then use the ignore function.

I'm not going to put up with the petty back and forth from anyone. We're all adults, let's find a way to get along, even if that means exercising the self-discipline to ignore one another.
  7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

8. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

well you create enough drama.... well i guess drama isn't the right word, you create enough entertainment in the fantasy leagues.... :p
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

At the Laker game, he had 2 mega dunks where the backboard was shaking for 10 seconds afterward.

When I saw those, it reminded me too that his dunking seems down this year.
  10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

With all due respect, I find your post threatening. You won't put up with "any" back and forth. Really. Apologise, of ban me, your choice.
  11. roscoe36

Lee, I value you as a member here, but if you want martyrdom, you will have to put yourself on the cross.

That notwithstanding, the forum guidelines clearly spell out,

Again, use the ignore function if you have a problem with someone. It's a great way to avoid conflict.
  12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I do not attack people. I do not harass people. I use the ignore button if any problem comes up that lasts any time. (One post is not enough for me to decide to use the ignore function.) For the most part, I hardly consider who wrote what. I come here to read observations, ideas and thoughts about the Pistons.

Note, if you want to discuss this further, I suggest using a private message. But if you want to continue to use this thread, I will too.

You found affront in one sentence of my post. I told the guy "I did not appreciate his input" - on that subject - which was non-basketball related. That is attacking the content of what he wrote - not him. I did not call him a name, or in any way imply anything bad about him. I did give him a constructive criticism - that starting a post by attacking someone is not the best way to get your message across. Again, attacking the message, not the person.

I also noted, that this poster and I had a long history (though nothing recent) that was not all that friendly. Considering that, and that he attacked me with the first line of his post - anything he wrote after the first line was ignored by me pretty much.

I find this all fairly mundane. And just one post. Why you as the mod here would feel you had to step in, I don't know. Would you have stepped in like that if it was someone else besides me?
  13. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

That's it....I'm putting EVERYONE on ignore! :lalala:
  14. roscoe36

Yes lee, happens all of the time. Apparently you don't notice it.

I see I have your attention now. :)

I don't think you appreciate how many members and friends have abandoned me since the forum started because I have applied the same standards to them when dealing with you. That's why I don't buy the victim/martyr routine. I'm the loser in these situations, not you guys. I hate intervening, and I hate having to resolve conflicts with people who are looking for someone, anyone to argue with (including me after being drawn in). This eats up my time to respond, which compromises my work, which is used to help pay for the forum to stay online.

Thus, these conflicts are a big sinkhole of my time and energy, not a power trip.

This is a fantastic forum because we show each other respect all of the time, and we don't tolerate histrionics or personal grudges. That will not change as long as I am paying the bills.

---

This thread is closed. I hope everyone understood what I wrote about using ignore. The bickering is lame. Find better ways to deal with conflict or take it elsewhere please. Thanks. :thumb:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.