at Portland Trailblazers Wednesday November 18 10:00 pm

Discussion in 'November 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 2, 2009.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

What are we trying to do this season? I think that we're simply trying to develop and get better while trying to figure out just what we have with this roster. Well that's happening, slowly, but surely. If we can just be somewhere near .500 after 42 games, I'll consider that shattering expectations. Good to see that we have a team full of players (especially our young ones) that won't give up.

Note to JJ: :director: SHOOT THE DAMN BALL!!!!!!
  2. max

max All-Star

We may be 5-7 but the way this team plays I am not worried.

Teams are going to have to take the Pistons more seriously even when up by 20 in the 4th Q at home.
  3. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

I would, there is no ball movement, everything is one on one and because BEN and JJ are not a threat on offense there is too much pressure on our guards to score big rather than sharing the ball.

I see everyone is saying that this young Pistons will learn from games like the one away at Orlando, in LA or last night against Portland, but the story keeps repeating itself, the team always has to come back from 20+ pts behind after 3 qrts.
  4. SJAndre

SJAndre Second Round Draft Pick

We are no where near the talent level of LA or Orlanda while healthy, not to mention we are missing 2 of our best players. Portland was an away game on a back to back. If your disappointed with this then i'm afraid this season isn't gonna be very fun for you.
  5. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

I'm not disappointed, but I can't be encouraged by what the Pistons displayed on offense this season, watching them on offense is probably as boring as watching the Cavs.

Pistons indeed do not have the talent of those 3 teams, but these are the games I've seen, can't comment on losses against teams that we should compete/beat like OKC or the Bucks.

I'm just tiered of this stagnant offense and always starting the 4th from 20+ pts behind.
  6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Just in case you weren't glued to BigTen TV -

3-2 Michigan (22-7 / 10-6 Big Ten / #14 nationally)
  7. detteam

detteam All-Star

8. dba

9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

And a fluky offensive rebound at that, after some swarming defense by the Pistons. I saw CV really hustling out there on that play.
    I couldn't agree with you more.
    I couldn't disagree with you more.
  10. detteam

detteam All-Star

you're such a perv lol!
  11. dba

Well, you're really there for the game and the whole college athletic spectacle - the band, the drum corp halftime show, the chants from the student cheering section, a bunch of people in funny shirts doing some rhythmic clapping thing I still can't do...

But the fringe benefits aren't bad.
  12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Have these guys already learned how to flip the switch?

Teams are now scoring pretty easily in transition against the Pistons and getting the shots they want pretty consistently.

In a macabre sort of way I enjoy it when the Pistons are struggling to score and badly need a hoop to stem the tide and don't even look in Ben Gordon's direction.

What I like best about Jerebko is that he is a relatively finished product as a basketball player. I'm not saying he won't improve, but it doesn't come across as a miracle that he can hit a reverse layup.
  13. dba

14. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

That may be the first time Langlois has had a critcal comment on a current Piston player... his normal spin cycle converts poop into poopouri...
    Nice to see Langlois finally growing a pair.

Rax, that is a funny "ass" av... lol
  15. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah, but Brandon Jennings is better than Stuckey.
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Well cut my legs off and call me Shorty. Langlois actually gave a decent recap of the game free of BS-Spin.
  17. max

max All-Star

For what 2 games? 2 games in 2 nights. How is that always.

Plus keep in mind that 2 of our starters are out.
  18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Tough loss. Valiant effort in the 4th. I couldn't believe they pulled within one. This was a great learning experience for the rookies. I like that Q is using them so much. They put up a great fight against adversity (tough schedule, missing 2 starters, CV in foul trouble etc).

The loss itself sucked, but the team seems to be headed in the right direction. I like it.
  19. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

When you score just 50 points after 3 quarters and when you fall behind by 20 in games back to back, there is a problem. Is the problem that not having Rip and Tay is catching up to the team especially on a tough schedule? Is the problem structural with a lack of scoring bigs for the guards to pass the ball to? Are too many rookies on the floor who are afraid to shot and just eating up the clock? Is the problem the lack of a true point guard? It is hard to sort out. But the poor offense is hurting the defense as the opposition gets run outs and turnovers.

On defense, the bigger line up made a come back against Portland but is that going to be sustainable against the other teams starters and will a big line up score enough? I noticed that Stuckey was 0 for 5 from the three point line. Can the Pistons defend with so many small guards? Both Bynum and Gordon have been attacked lately.

This will take time to sort out. For sure, the Pistons are lacking a quality big.
  20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Last year if you recall was tough on Stuckey as the point guard because he had too many veterans demanding the ball. This year is tough on him because he has too few scorers to defer to and now has to shoulder the load.