1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

At Seattle November 11th, 9:00PM

Discussion in 'November 2007' started by Dlev59, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

At Seattle November 11th, 9:00PM

TV20 Detroit, NBA TV

The Pistons head west for a five game stint; first stop Seattle against Kevin Durant and Chris Wilcox. At the time of this post the Sonics were winless, however, Durant looks good, avg 22.6 PPG, Wilcox is avg 16.4 and 9.2 boards per.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well it looks like the Pistons will face another hungry team searching for their first victory. The Sonics had 3 chances to take the lead, win the game and then even tie the game with less than 20 seconds left, but fall to the Jazz at home 103-101. The in-experience factor was in full affect in the Sonic persona.

4-1 Pistons vs 0-6 Sonics Sunday evening...GO Pistons

3. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

This is the first Piston's game i see live this season. I guess National TV's don't consider Piston's high rate games. Seatle is a fast team. Durant is really good. any idea who is going to defend him? it will be same game like the bulls game. it will go down to who is hungrier to win.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm so happy you can watch this game adonis. Even if it is at 4:00 AM. :(

5. linwood

linwood All-Star

My guess would be Tayshaun, with Rip guarding Damien Wilkins. This should be an easy victory for Detroit, since the Sonics make all the mistakes that veteran teams like the Pistons take advantage up.

I'm going to this game in a few hours. It's my birthday, and I'm having my party at the Key Arena. Watch for the fans with the M-A-X-I-E-L-L shirts.

6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

linwood it's on TV20 hi-def tonight, and i bet there's a great chance you'll get on TV! looking forward to seeing the shirts! :) and yeah tay will guard durant just as ak47 guarded him last night

7. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Which one of those letters are you going to be wearing?

And happy birthday! :party2:

8. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

:party2::beer::party2::party::party2::cheers:

:dancingparty:

Happy Birthday Linwood

9. linwood

linwood All-Star

I'm not sure yet. You will be able to recognize me because I will be the handsome 37 year old. :)

I'll let you know after the game witch one is me. I'll also try to post some pictures.

10. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Happy B-day Linn!
    :gift:

11. linwood

linwood All-Star

Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone. Hopefully, this will be a close and exciting game, with a Pistons victory in the final few minutes!

:p_welldone:

12. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Hope you enjoy the game.

13. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Amen to that, Linwood! I'm going to this game too and I'm so excited!!

I splurged and got tickets in row 5 on the corner right near the Pistons bench on the basket side of the corner. My sister and I will be on the aisle on the corner where the Pistons walk in and out of the locker room. I'll be in full regalia. Pistons Rip jersey, sparkling red sequin hat and red white and blue Mardi Gras beads as bracelets. My sister and I might have some poster thrown together. Maybe "Sheed Don't Lie" or just SHEEEED!!!

I checked the seats out at the Utah game Friday night and they are nice.

Sonics really did almost beat the Jazz, so I hope the Pistons aren't looking too far past this one. Jazz came out flat, low shooting percentage, not much hustle, lots of turnovers. The Pistons better bring it!!!

Now I'm taking my big birdwatching binoculars not because we won't be close enough, but because I intend to watch the timeout huddles very closely. Maybe I'll be close enough to lip read and see if there is anything to this SHeeeed Player/Coach nonsense. Not that I don't think Flip needs all the help he can get. :pound:

Okay, my sis will be here in 20 minutes to get a 3 pm ferry over to Seattle from Bremerton. We want to be there way early to watch shootaround and maybe get an autograph, a smile, a high five from the Detroit Pistons.

My sister yesterday: "You know the Pistons are the most fun to go to because the whole team is a superstar, not just one guy". Yeah!

Happy Birthday Linwood! I'll be looking for your row. Now the second half Pistons will be shooting near our corner so maybe you will see two grownup ladies making complete fools of themselves over the Detroit Pistons!

GO PISTONS! BRING IT!

14. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Chat is open

go to quicklinks: Flashchat

15. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Awfully ugly win tonight. Pistons sprinted out to a big lead with a red hot first half, but an absolute meltdown started near the end of the 3rd quarter and continued until well into the 4th. Once the Sonics went to a zone, the Pistons simply stopped moving the ball and were utterly unable to generate any good shots at all. Rip had a big night, and Jarvis was pretty heroic off the bench with some good minutes at both the 2 and the 3, but not much else was good about this win. Though I sure am glad they didn't blow it.

16. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

First game I've had a chance to watch this season. Kurt Thomas seems to like playing against Detroit.

Great first half and lousy second for the Pistons. I knew they'd cool off but geez, quit taking J's.

Looks like the same 'ol crappy jump-shooting offense to me. Saunders sure is an offensive genuis.

Timid Tay passed up too many opportunities late in the game, I felt. When he's on that flat, he needs to take it to the hole. He does not know how to take charge of a game when it counts. He defers too much to the guards.

Liked Hayes' contribution A LOT. What a huge upgrade over Delfino, so far.

Flip Jr. still sucks. Took it to the hole once. His only highlight. He makes horrible decisions at the point, as many before me have astutely pointed out. He does not play within the offense. Can't wait for Stuckey to get back. Seeing Murray in that late in the 4th quarter is unnerving.

McDyess was very active tonight on the boards.

I don't think this team gets to the Finals with this jump-shooting offense. They'll be boring to watch if this continues. I liked how they pushed in the first half. I realize you can't do that the whole game, but you need to mix it in.

17. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Flip granted you your berfday wish. This was a nail biter...only we were all chewing on real iron nails.

18. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I vote for our new name to be the Detroit Jumpshots

We were like 7 out 23 from three or something similar. :tsk:

19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Bad coaching and carefree attitude almost ruined Linwood's birthday party. The jumpers were falling in the first half, so the Pistons decided to continue the jump shooting show all through the third quarter, which allowed the Sonics to score the final 11 points of the quarter and trim a 19 pt lead down to 8. CB, Rip and Tay played the entire 3rd qtr and you could tell they were winded.

To make matters worst Rip and CB came back in to start the 4th and played about 2 more mins before Flip sr finally pulled them. Flip jr who tossed up four bricks in the first half decided to drive to the hoop and stop the parade of jumpers form the outside. However with every missed Pistons jumper, the Sonics went down and dominated the paint scoring at will until they tied the game at 99 with just under 3 mins left. Rip and CB came back in and Rip responded with a "fresh" jumper and the Pistons eventually salted the game away....luckily

Some bad stats:
    8/23 from beyond the arc
    Sonics beat us in the paint 46-30
    Sonics bench outscored our bench 52-28
    Rip 41 Mins
    Tay 4-13 shooting 4 turnovers
    Flip jr 1-6 shooting
    Pistons missed 10 free throws
    No PT for Afflalo...maybe he was in charge of getting Amir to the airport:)

But they won and can take a quick flight down to Portland for Tuesdays game where they should run into a more defensive minded team.

20. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

We used to say a Win is a Win. but the very near past tells us it is not the case. We would have lost this game in playoffs.

J Max needs to work on his jumper. He only knows how to dunk the ball. Teams are going on waiting him at the rim. Add to this, he is around 50% from the FT line. he missed one in every trip to the line tonight.

I would say all starters did, but i am not sure. I am sure Hamilton played almost all of the game except the start of the fourth.

Good game from Hayes and lot of Energy from J Max.

I heard the commentary saying that CB is over 90% from FT line this year. Is this true? i thought it is less.

All in All, glad to start the west coast trip with a Win.
    Go pistons