at Toronto Raptors Wednesday November 4 7:00 pm

Discussion in 'November 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 2, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons at Toronto Raptors

Wednesday November 4

7:00 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit

Nat'l TV:

Radio: 97.1 The Ticket

2. roscoe36

2 hours to go. Colour me excited!

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Amir's revenge! Will he go on an abusive fouling spree to punish the Pistons or will he get his revenge through decent +/- and 48 minute rebound and blocked shot production?

Will Bynum take 70 FGA's and break Wilt Chamberlain's single game scoring record?

So many story lines.

4. HarryFWong

HarryFWong First Round Draft Pick

100-96 Raps

5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Will the Pistons top 10 assists for the game?

6. roscoe36

If they win, does it matter?

7. HarryFWong

will the backcourt combine for 60 points? on 60 shots?

8. Rocastle

Rocastle Bench Warmer

Pistons by 7

Stuckey double double - 20 / 10

9. roscoe36

10. HarryFWong

prediction: either bosh or bargnani goes off for 30+

hoping: charlie villanueva finally goes off for 20+ (im skeptical of this guy)

prediction: pistons gaahds take 50 shots (yeah i know that's a bold one)

hoping: stuckey + bynum FG% = over 45%

if my two hopes come true, pistons and 1 of my predictions is false, pistons win.

ps: i dunno if charlie will ever get 20+ this season as long as he's out there with Ben "shoot-it-again" Gordon and Rodney "chucky" Stuckey

11. detteam

detteam All-Star

BenG makes scoring look almost effortless.

Jeb got his 1st points.

12. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

For those who are watching Pistons broadcast tonight, you may have heard mention passing of Rob Green, Metro Detroit video expert. Rob is the brother in law of my best friend, Alex Kimbrough and husband of his sister (my big sis) Geela. he died unexpectantly at 47 yrs old and also leaves behind one daughter, Cassie (Geela loved being a Cass tech High graduate).
    Please everyone ,take care of your life and loved ones while you are here. God bless.

13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

despite leading by one in the 4th, the game was lost in the second when we gave up 44 pts...

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Man... my DVR screwed up. Oh well. Looks like a painful one to watch. Will have to rely on the LeeCap.

15. max

max All-Star

At least they made a half time adjustment that actually worked. Maybe the next time they will not need to.

With that said this is a very good Raptors team.

HQ - Sorry to hear that.

16. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I watch the scond Half and I see the pistons giving it all.. Maybe if we had Rip we could have won this..

But nice game..

I Don't like Starting Jerebko.. I'll still saying that we should give Summers the chance..

I Like those 2 blocks from Daye man!! Those came in crucial moments of the game.

Bargnani and Bosh were too much for us :(

17. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

OLDSKOOLHQ'S BLACKBOARD:

- only watched 'selected' parts of this game but I still enjoyed the comeback

- JMax showed that he can still be a disruptive force when he wants to

- Daye and jerebko are better rookies now than amir and darko ever were. They will be KEY contributors in keeping Tay and rip's minutes down

- Its shocking how much Daye is a right handed Tay...If we sub properly for 48 minutes , they will be called Tay-Daye!

- 93 to 93...enter Stuckey-17-6 Raptor finish. Imjussayin....

18. max

max All-Star

Stunkey was 5-18 with 4 assists. Kept going inside looking for calls that never came. One has to think that it's only a matter of time until Bynum takes over at the point full time.

19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Good game in stretches for us. Good start. Bad 2nd quarter, mostly because Kwame was in there. Like a fish out of water. Great player to have in against Howard last night, but completely useless against Toronto. Last I checked, Howard does not play for Toronto. However, I will give the coach credit for adjusting in the 2nd half. We got back into the game in the 2nd half with guys like Wilcox and JMAX playing the backup minutes. Much better fit for this game. No, neither of these guys set the world on fire, but they fit the game at hand.

Daye got very extensive play in this one. Jerebko too. Daye hit a trey amongst his scoring.

I feel good about this one just because the coach is using a lot of guys, including a couple of rookies. Summers got in for less than a minute of GT at the very end of the game.

The bad. Gordon played about the whole game. Yes, he scored 30, and quite efficiently. But playing that much on the end of a back to back? Basically, toward the end / mid of the 3rd quarter, coach went to a three guard lineup and just stayed with it. We even got into some small ball with Daye at power forward - and JMAX at center. And it worked. Just to point out even more the complete non-need for a guy like Kwame in this one.

Bynum was pretty darn good there toward the end, but the team disintegrated into one on one play in crunch time.
    Stuckey was great to start, bad to finish. 35 minutes, not bad, but not after playing last night. Not for Stuckey. Waste of a good player.
    We still have not seen Daye play any at guard. Of course, until tonight, we hardly ever saw him play. Why not go big in the backcourt instead of playing Gordon the whole game?

Not complaining though, just commenting. In all, I like that the coach is experimenting with what he has. If he keeps it up, with an open mind, I think he can find a team that can win games. (This one for instance was very winnable if only Kwame had not played in it.)

Right now, the rotations are a work in progress, with nobody able to predict when Kuester will make a substitution nor guess who will come in when.

There goes a good string of defensive games. That 2nd quarter was horrid in that respect.

Villanueva did some good stuff around the basket, and hit a pair of triples earlier in the game. I would like to see a lot more emphasis on working the ball into Charlie vs. Stuckey and Bynum do so much one on one stuff.

Toronto does have a ton of fire power, and maybe the refs called it a bit too slanted toward the home team tonight. Its not like we did not fight for a win. (We actually tied this one up after going down by 17 late in the 3rd quarter.)

No Tay, no Rip. Atkins did not play. Let me see, Bynum, Gordon, Stuck, Jerebko, Daye, Wilcox, Ben Wallace, JMAX, CV, Summmers, and Kwame played. 11 guys, and all but Summers played a decent amount of minutes with the game on the line.

Thats about all I can think of at the moment. See you all next time.

20. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Absolutely agree. I think they're also being put in better situations to succeed as well.

Seriously! I was watching the game thinking Tay 2.0!

Agreed. Bynum just looks so much more in control of both the offense and his body when driving to the basket.

Nice observations.

I agree with most of what you said, however I think the extra minutes for Gordon and his fellow guards can be chalked up to Rip and Tay being out. Granted, it's the tail end of a back-to-back, but I think under the circumstances and as an exception rather than the norm, it's not a big deal.