At Utah Feb. 27th, 9:00 PM

Discussion in 'February 2008' started by Dlev59, Feb 26, 2008.

1. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

AWESOME GAME GUYS!

There is your blueprint to beating Flip in the playoffs. People are actually making trips to Utah to see you play, Detroit.

Worse than the Knicks game. I'm sorry but today was an all out failure, starting from the top. Something about this one really pisses me off. Not a lose that will ruin a season but man it can make you angry.

Eff you, Flip Saunders. Just when I was starting to think you learned; a mistake i've made more times than I can count.

2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Another trip to Utah, another loss. Sigh.

No Amir tonight. WHY?

3. max

max All-Star

Why would you change your rotation for this game? The bench has been playing so well. DNP for Amir.

Kind of looked like the Pistons just ran out of gas in the 4th quarter.

4. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Utah just manned up and played Piston BBall on us. Caught up in the 3rd and outshot and out muscled us in the 4th.

5. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

cuz okur, millsap and boozer could have killed him. Except okur, millsap and boozer are very physical players and you should know that physical isn't Amir's strenght. Amir can play against of jumping but not strong forwards.

Actually a good loss, brought them down to earth, I hope

6. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Not a good game. Everything was fine in the 1st half. And then in the second the movement stopped and defense went away. Rip played over 40 min, Sheed almost 40, and Tay 38. AJ didn't get any playing time. Why? Doesn't make any sense. Flip shows his bad habits - when going gets tough the bench will stay just there, on the bench. And, in addition, they can't find a way to stop a hot player. That reminded me of something. Just not good.

7. ggazoo69

Really? So explain why Tay is out there then. He's got the same issue. They're both dental floss thin.

8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

We gave up 34+ in the 4th. The zoo crew defense that was winning us games was nowhere to be found b/c (shocking) they didn't really play.

AJ/Sheed is the key to our defense and he got a DNP. Flip is still the same. Short rotation, no TO's, no substitions in a close game. The 4th quarter finishers have to be altered. If i were Amir i would be angry, and confused. After the last game i got a little freaked that playing AJ was only when we were way up or way down. Guess it's true.

I'd rant more, but i'm just so disappointed, i don't even care. I hate getting my hopes up that this stupid coach has finally grown a brain.

Joe D needs to yell at Flip again or we're headed to another early round exit.

9. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Sorry but tay is SF, not PF or C, those guys have to box out, or defend back to basket, Amir is not capable of this yet

lpgrl-just calm down, sun rises tomorrow too.

10. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

I agree. Who knows what goes on in Flip's mind anyway. Sheed looked tired well before the fourth, though.

Starters' minutes:

Billups - 34:28 (not too bad)
    Hamilton - 40:46
    Sheed - 39:51
    Tay - 38:13
    Dice - 34:22

Bench:
    Maxiell - 21:25
    Afflalo - 7:13 :yellowprison:
    Jarvis - 10
    Stuck - 13:32
    Amir - DNP-CD :gun1:

11. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

You mean like Shaq and Amare?

12. ggazoo69

You're in the minority, pal.

13. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Boozer wasn't even in the game that much in the 2nd half once Millsap got cooking. Could've played Amir on Memo. At least he could close out on all those open 3's.

14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

No Max...it was 92-92 and we sucked on Memo again!! I've said for 3 years, if we kept Memo we'd have at least 2 more rings in Motown. Memo willed his team to win and I NEVER see Sheed do that ...even vs Milwaukee he brought us back and choked the game tying three..

I'm only mad cuz we blew the lead and I hate Utah. The Big Love's home court reminds me of the old Boston garden and Memorial Coliseum...

..and I hate Wil Ferrell too..

15. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

No adjustment coaching staff again. The players were tough. This is a tough game in the schedule.

Dyss had a good first half. But Milsap went wild around him in the second. It was very evident. No adjustment.

Sheed left Okur early. Not smart. Okur found a rythym. Later he was in a grove as he was left open. Any adjustments here? Okur can't drive.

Utah got up into our offense in the 3rd. Teams have done this in the playoffs. They will do it again. What adjustments has this coaching staff shown us so far. Our offense was pushed back. No adjustments.

What is going to happen in the playoffs when things get tough? Will the adjustments come?

16. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Good point LP. I don't get why Flip would let him guard Snaq but not Boozer or Millsap. And Memo has no physicality whatsoever. Flip is just so inconsistent.

17. ggazoo69

I hear ya. This was a good primer for Flip and the team and they blew it. To get outscored by 12 in the final quarter. To give up 36 in the final quarter. Pretty bad.

18. max

max All-Star

Thing is it took the Pistons almost what 6 mins into the 4th until they finally hit their 1st FG? There were some foul shots but no ball movement, no offensive boards, defensive misques.

I agree on Memo. He and Sheed are very similiar players with Sheed as the more talented of the two but Memo never takes a night off.

19. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

uhhhhhh..no.

Sloan put his allstar on the bench(Boozer) while playing Milsap and played AK a whopping 18 MINUTES. It was 46-28 when Memo hit his 1st 3 BTW...

Flip would never do that to Sheed and or Tay....

20. ggazoo69

I'm not pinning this one on just the coaching staff tho. Flip can't run out there and guard Okur as he rains down 3's. Would have liked to see him stick with what he'd been doing in the past few games tho.