1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Atlanta Dec. 14th, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'December 2007' started by Dlev59, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Atlanta Dec, 14th, 8:00 PM

TV - FSDHD, NBALP

These teams play for the third and final time during the regular season. The Pistons took the first two against this young exciting team. If the season ended today the Hawks would be the 7th seed.

2. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Is this the 3rd game we play them this season? How many times we play them this season, seems like it's only 25% of the season thru and we are gonna play them again. Kinda funny for 2 Eastern Conference teams battling each other so frequently in this young season.

3. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Al Horford is out for the game--the league suspended him for one game for the foul on T.J. Ford the other night. Apparently Dice is still questionable, depending on how bad the swelling might be in his ankle after twisting it in the Houston game.

4. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

dice is out...good news for J Max and i hope even good news for Amir

5. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Going for the silver lining here? :MusicBigGrin:
    Good for JMax and good for me too, as he's on my fantasy team. But, even more important - a ray of hope for the playing time for Amir. But knowing Flip, he'll insert Nazr to play against fast athletic team.

6. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Is that being reported somewhere? Not that I don't believe it, I just haven't seen it confirmed yet.

7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Yup, he'll use our true center,that we have on the team to play against the big true centers in the league (except for when we play the biggest truest center in the league) to defend a young fast athletic team that plays a 6'9" sf at the pf position. Oh yeah baby, some serious mastermind coaching going on here.

8. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

That's called "making them adjust to us" in the coaching world. :pound::pound:

9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Yeah make them adjust to our slowest, bad hands, zero offensive game, worse FT shooter........Don't get me wrong though, I like Nazr, and there are times he is an asset....although not very often...but Houston :director: MAY HAVE BEEN ONE OF THOSE TIMES :swear2:

10. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

11. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Hunter got over 10 minutes tonight. I think Flipper is trying to work him up to about 15 minutes a game.

:hoops:

12. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

That was a pretty ugly and uninspired win, against a weak team that was missing several guys. Pistons built a solid lead at halftime but almost gave all of it away in a mostly atrocious 3rd quarter, until a good run going into the 4th pushed the lead back up to double digits. An inconsistent 4th quarter ended with a parade to the FT line. CB and Tay made some big shots and combined for 40 points, but also 12 turnovers. Dice was big on the boards, JMax was great, and Lindsey played pretty well too. I guess they got tired of playing the Hawks, or something. Won't face them again until next season.

13. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Hunter has beena a decent player so far, before season I thought that he buries himself at the end of bench and retires quietly.

14. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Starters with too many minutes, Dyess is way over his threshhold. Flip decides to go with 3 bigs. AJ still can't get into the game with NazMo being gone. Oh, and can anyone spell complacency? That would be: P-I-S-T-O-N-S-C-O-R-E.

15. buddahfan

Hunter is horrible. Old slow, can't shoot, can't run the offense. His only two positive remaining qualities are that he doesn't turn the ball over very much and can still play decent defense for short periods against slow guards.

In about 8 minutes a game he is averaging 2 points 2 assists less than 1 turnover and is shooting all of about 25%. The guy was never very good in his prime and now just stinks.

16. max

max All-Star

Totally. 37 mins is way too much for Dyess, especially with the ankle tweek he had last game.

Such of a beautifull shot by Amir late in the 4th. Even in garbage time he impresses with the little he gets.

A win is a win. Nice to be 16-7. Afflalo got some time, looked solid as usual . Maxiel is really comming into his own.

Tough break for Horford. They were saying how bad he felt about the hard foul on Ford but he was clearly going for the ball. More of a case of what the results were rather than the circumstances and intent. If Ford is that fragile I have to question if its wise for him to continue playing. He could be paralized out there.

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Most boring endgame EVER. Way to start fouling at the 3:00 mark Woodson! I can't believe there was anyone left in the arena at the end.

And great to see AJ with some GT/ insult minutes.

18. buddahfan

37 minutes for Dyess. Of course it is too much but do you think he would play AJ even 5 minutes. Nope.

This game sealed it for me. As far as I am concerned AJ will not get minutes for us as long as Flipper is the coach. Thats okay by me because he will probably get traded before next year and go to a team that will play him.

19. max

max All-Star

Good point and I would not blame Amir if he asked for a trade. However, did you notice how excited he was when Flip put him in? This is not Darko just yet. It could get to that but it has not yet. We still have some time with him before he loses interest in the Pistons.

20. buddahfan

Yea he was excited because he could get farther than 15 feet away from Flipper for 1 minute.