Atlanta Hawks Feb. 11th, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'February 2009' started by Dlev59, Feb 6, 2009.

1. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Jewel,

This team has not made many key stops throughout the season. Then, sooner or later, the offense breaks down. When the offense is going good, we score in twos. Our opponents get a siginificant part of their runs on making threes.

2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

That's not the point. We are obviously rebuilding yet we continue to play our Vets an obscene amount of minutes. Watching Amir finish games and/or average 30 minutes (and not just him; you can include Arron, etc) represents a step in the right direction in terms of seeing what we have for the future and getting the process underway.
    This is an overlooked point.

3. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

(largely the same post, but edited and lengthened so it doesn't get buried on the last page)

I hate hearing or reading the word "Amir" now. No lie.

I had pleasant childhood memories of a certain Amir from the Backyard Baseball series when I was a kid. All of it ruined. [strike]Replaced by the juggernaut hated-on-by-coaches-and-refs-alike superstar big with the ability to revolutionize the game of basketball, possesses the cure for HIV and the Popeye's Chicken recipe, and rumored to be responsible for the Big Bang.[/strike]

Some people just hear what they wanna hear/see what they wanna see. I guess. He can't create any offense. He can't guard Centers. He can't face up and guard PFs. He attempts to establish position but nearly always gets pushed out of the paint because he's damn frail.

In the middle of the NFL season, Broncos WR Brandon Marshall told the press than Dolphins LB Joey had "popcorn muscles" and was soft (which is false, Joey is a beast). Now I admit I (nor anybody else) never knew what the hell "popcorn muscles" meant, but now I think I have a much clearer understanding of the term: Amir IS Popcorn muscles! He's got decent definition in his shoulders and his biceps, but there's really not much strength. He has the torso of Gumby and the addominal acumen of Chunk from the Goonies, making any strength that he may have in his arms useless for creating any leverage (i bet he doesn't bench press at all, only biceps curls to send shivers/estrogen down the spines of his younger female Youtube fanclub). I actually know what I'm taking about in terms of strength training. I bet you I could out bench Amir despite being 50 pounds lighter and not having his God-given twitch muscles.

But enough about his strength, the kid is as dumb as a box of rocks. I won't even attempt to be witty here. He actually HELPS THE OPPOSING PLAYER SELL THE FOUL, with his quirks. He is the anti-Bruce Bowen.

Maybe Amir didn't play under Flip because he sucks. J-Max played in 2006 because he produced. The sooner people get the erfh over Amir Johnson, the earlier we can go on the prowl for a real NBA-caliber big. Amare is overrated, but Amir is just some circle in a world full of squares? So we play him 30 minutes a night for the sake of playing him/his development, considering he even makes it to 30? He's not all that, and I think Pistons fans are just getting rabid for finding a young pup to cling onto, because we haven't really drafted great talent in a long, long time.

In the words of Jay-Z (Success), I'ma "let this beyotch breathe." Come up with a valid defense for our Lord and Savior.

4. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

And yes I think you are a great poster lpgrl. I'm just going to war on your (and the rest of Team Amir's) viewpoint, lol.

5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Hey you're entitled to your opinion even if it's wrong LOL j/k

6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i will co-sign palace artest's post about amir. but wait, he had 3 rebounds in 20 minutes! he's so good! oh wait no.

i love stuck but he's hitting the rookie wall pretty hard. it's like last year, he'd string together some good games and then some bad. the problem is, though, that you look at his stat line from the past 15 games are so and there are a LOT of games with ZERO free throw attempts. that's just not going to get it done.

i think people have less to say this game because we didn't really play sheed and dice together but still lost. these games are frustrating. i think joe has to make *some* sort of trade before the deadline to stir it up.

7. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

It irks me how amir/maxi/aron lovers now demand not only 20 min per game but already 30...ignoring totally the fact that usually Sheed alone produces more or so alone that before mentioned troika altogether.

As long as troika does not develope even below average offensive plays, there is no point to play them more than 20 min per game and it is maximum...

Lpgr and others are making typical fan mistake: they assume that bench players are able to correct starters' mistakes( sometimes yes, but usually not) or there is answer from bench to every possible game situation.

8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll-ee?????:eek:

I love my late night recaps. LOL

Its like back to the future.....

9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Are they LOW enough now! Bring ON THE LOTTERY!!!!

10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Best line of the night so far....Sardistic AND artistic!!!!:bow1:

11. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Buggersandbeer to u, too.

Well as promised I did not watch the game. The good thing was Grey's Anatomy was pretty good and if actually WATCHED Flip I HATE HIM Murray score 23 pts, U all would have witnessed the first cyber suicide!!

God is good? (All the Time)...

and All the time??>>>>>>>:eyebrows:

12. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Im tired...>>>>BUT WE CAN<<<

Ma, Im tired.....>>>We CAN TALK ABOUT>>><<<

Theres things going on In my life, things u dont>>>(THINGS I DONT UNDERSTAND???<<<<<

Micheal and his mom in THE LOST BOYS

13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

so the question isssss?????

do u stillthink this is fun??? hahhahaha:shout:

14. Patron

Patron Second Round Draft Pick

[​IMG]

49 seconds left. Hawks 96-89 Pistons

And here it comes.
    Detroit 20-Sec Timeout
    0:43 - Iverson makes driving layup. 96-91 (Why not three )
    0:19 - Pistons allow Hawks to spend 24 seconds and give them what they want.Johnson misses 19-foot two point shot. (Why not put pressure to other guys and foul their worst FT shooter as soon as he had the ball)
    Detroit 20-Sec Timeout
    0:15 - Hamilton makes 18-foot jumper. 96-93 (Iverson's layup was maybe acceptible but going with two again while 15 seconds left is totally unacceptable)
    0:14 - Horford makes the 1st FT misses the 2nd one. 97-93
    Detroit full-timeout
    0:09 - Iverson makes driving layup 97-95 ( You gotto be kidding me. there are 9 seconds left, no timeouts left, you trail by 4 and you are still going with two.)
    0:08 - Johnson makes both free throws. 99-95
    0:02 - Iverson misses 25-foot three-point shot. ( 6 seconds passed until stuckey brang the ball and give it to Iverson because pistons was out of timeout. Iverson took totally contested long three and it wouldn't matter if it went in because there were only 1-2 seconds left)
    99-95
    End Game

I don't want to talk about players.You can miss shots, you can turn the ball over, you can play bad, you can give the oppenent rebounds or easy shot attempts.

But there is only one person cost us the game and at least 15 of 23 losses before. Micheal "What is this game" Curry. He knows nothing about basketball. Forget making him a coach he can't even be an assistant coach. If there is a thing called Basketball-IQ, i'm sure MC doesn't have it.

If you show these last plays to any other coach in NBA they will laugh.

Just FIRE CURRY...Also this is the best time (all-star break) for firing a totally not-skilled rookie coach. If Joe D fires Curry, i still believe we can make it to the conf finals again. Just have to play more offensively because we can't defend like once we were able to.

15. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

At this juncture, I don't care who Joe trades, as long as it includes Amir Johnson.

Wake up Amir lovers. This kid's a scrub, and no amount of praying and pretending is going to make it untrue.

You'd think if the kid was as good as Team Amir claims he is, the players would know it, right? Yet we get the article from a couple days ago, claiming some veterans were having respect issues with Curry due to the fact that they thought he was playing guys just because Joe wanted him to.

Who do you think they were talking about?
    McDyess?

They're talking about that waste of space Amir Johnson!!!

I find it hard to believe that anyone who isn't straight up in love with this kid failed to notice his matador defense in the first quarter after he picked up his second stupid foul. It's bad enough that his mere presence on the court ensures the teams early entry into the penalty, but on top of that, he decides to also let Atl get on a roll while he runs away from anyone who gets to close to the paint, resulting in layups and dunks. All of this courtesy of our "secret KG weapon", premiere power forward, defensive superstar, 6'9" 215 lb Amir sack of crap Johnson.

Am I really supposed to be dazzled by his frantic Hammertime double teams? Even when any stop he apparently creates with his flailing threats of potential fouls/bodily injuries results in an offensive rebound for the opposing squad? I've seen kids in church leagues that are better at sealing out and putting a body on somebody when the ball comes careening off the defensive glass.

You read that right, church leagues. What a joke.

Now when I go to bed at night, all I can pray for is that Curry will finally give in and play this worthless bum every single minute possible until he fouls out forever and ever amen. If only so we can finally see Team Amir run out of excuses and the rest of us can one day soon be relieved of ever hearing or reading his sorry stinking name ever again.

That, or a trade.

Please Lord, for me.

16. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

[​IMG]

If the game has got you down...Then try this for relaxing.

17. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Last night was a particularly unfortunate one for Ami'r. (Hey, if Amar'e can do it.)
    Several dumb fouls. Twenty minutes off the bench bringing a little energy and a little zip is about as good as it's going to get.

18. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

It's funny how the opposition isn't as anxious to drive the lane when Amir is in the game.

19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

3 non shooting fouls and an intentional foul to prevent someone else's man from dunking (which he smartly committed even though he knew that it would likely result in him being yanked).

3 inconsequential fouls and a smart foul.

Unfortunately for Amir, he fouls out after 4.

20. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

That's irrelevant. Did you see how many rebounds he had? Who cares about trivial stuff like that. We need to trade him so we could just start Dyess and play him the whole game.

These Amir lovers relying on things like PPG allowed when he's in the game or the score. It's all about the stats! I mean seriously Amir sucks. That CLE game; atrocious. CHI; awful. Did you see how TT was lighting him up? It just sucks that he's costing us all these games with his play. Thank God we have Dyess to put in in the 4th quarter with Sheed to lead us to the win!

edited to add;

I totally forgot about Amir's offensive game. WTH is that? He's actually around the basket and open for numerous passes, and can catch the ball. He's hurting us tremendously by not taking 3-pointers. We really need him to step his jump shot game up. And while we're at it, I don't know why we played Ben Wallace all those years. Sure he could play defense, but really does that help any team win ?

It might be because we're doing this little thing called rebuilding, but hey what do i know . . . let's keep playing Sheed as many minutes as he can handle. We have to make the PO's!